The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
me! and have an interview in december :smile:
Original post by jude-66

Ah great! Are you applying as a graduate or undergraduate?

You hoping for the scholarship?
Reply 3
I am a graduate and no i haven't applied for the scholarship, what about you? Have you heard back? Do you know anything about their interview questions or how likely it is to get a place form interview?
Reply 4
Also, any idea if there is a set number of places for graduates?
Original post by jude-66
I am a graduate and no i haven't applied for the scholarship, what about you? Have you heard back? Do you know anything about their interview questions or how likely it is to get a place form interview?

I've got an interview on the 6th December
It's MMI based
I'm a graduate too x
I want to go for the scholarship but have no idea how to apply? I've emailed the MBBS scholarship team.

Surely it makes sense to keep the scholarships aside for the graduates since undergrads can get student loans and it's already hard enough for graduates to get funding for med :frown:
Original post by jude-66

I heard back today, I'm not eligible for the scholarship because I don't live in Cumbria or east Lancashire 🙄
Reply 7
ah okay that's a shame then. Where else have you applied? And i am guessing you live in the north west somewhere to apply to uclan?
Reply 8
I got interview for medicine at uclan as well, good luck you both
Original post by a.jacob
I got interview for medicine at uclan as well, good luck you both

Good luck! Are you a graduate?

How are you prepping?

I wonder how many are being interviewed
Reply 10
Original post by YorkshireSoapCo
Good luck! Are you a graduate?

How are you prepping?

I wonder how many are being interviewed

No I'm not graduate. And I'm using the ISC Medical School Interviews book, youtube videos on MMIs, reading BBC Health, reading Tomorrow's Doctors and the general medical practise, writing down bullet brief outline for answers on very basic questions, and practising answering questions with friends. How are you preparing? I feel like I'm preparing wrong though, like the questions they ask at MMIs might just completely throw me off.
Hi, does anyone have tips or advice for uclan MMI interviews?
is the course accredited by the GMC? I read on their website that for undergraduates it isn't currently.
Original post by jude-66

How did your interview go? do you have any tips?
just got an interview for February. Does anyone have any tips for the upcoming interview?
Reply 15
Be confident and smile at everyone and during the interview, be enthusiastic, and be upto date on the current medical issues in the UK
Reply 16
Original post by lovechocolate101
just got an interview for February. Does anyone have any tips for the upcoming interview?

are you a uk student?
Original post by jude-66
are you a uk student?

Yes
Reply 18
Hello
I had an interview december last year. Still haven’t heard back. Anyone have an idea when we will get a decision?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by Mar298
Hello
I had an interview december last year. Still haven’t heard back. Anyone have an idea when we will get a decision?

March

Latest

Trending

Trending