The Student Room Group

How do exam markers know you facts are correct?

For subjects like Geography were you can have different case studies, how can the markers know that the facts used are correct?
Original post by Goldfish4343
For subjects like Geography were you can have different case studies, how can the markers know that the facts used are correct?

I made up many, many stats for real case studies when I did GCSE Geography in 2015. I think as long as the examiner thinks they're somewhat plausible, then it's fine.

I got an A* with 100% in Unit 2, so obviously, they don't check every minute detail.
Reply 2

they don't. That's why some teachers actually encourage to make up facts on spot if u don't remember them. But be reasonable.
Reply 3

They don't. You can make it up as long as it doesn't seem too fake :smile:
I guess if they feel that they need to check it then they can research it themselves. The likely-hood is your marker is a (Geography)Teacher so they will have some knowledge of the subject themselves and also they do have access to the internet.

Quick Reply

Latest