The Student Room Group

can i wear hijab and be pretty?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kallisto
They are good examples, I give you that. Those women have shown that the meaning of the hijab, to disguise the beauty of a women, can be used in the other way round to be more attractive.

Dina Tokio and those similar to her do not represent the correct dressing as a Muslim female im afraid. I dont see it written anywhere that one can style their Hijab in a turban form instead this is frowned upon any many scholars today warn Muslim female from taking heed from such influential individual. The turban style is not from Islam in fact its from the Sikh religion and these individuals are then causing innovation. Yet they remain unaware.
(edited 6 years ago)
Yay no1 on trneding
Original post by MiszShortee786
Dina Tokio and those similar to her do not represent the correct dressing as a Muslim female im afraid. I dont see it written anywhere that once can style their Hijab in a turban form instead this is frowned upon any many scholars today warn Muslim female from taking heed from such influential individual.

Women have to cover their face with it, if they intend to wear it correctly. Just the eyes have to be shown. Is that so?
Women have to cover their face with it, if they intend to wear it correctly. Just the eyes have to be shown. Is that so?

the hair and neck has to be covered. covering the face is a personal choice of extra modesty and is not included in the compulsory area of hijab
Of course you can... I don't think a hijab makes a girl unattractive. It's your face which mostly determines how pretty you are.
Yes and no. Shouldn't really care about what other people think. You should do it for your own self and for the purpose a hijab is there for.

A Hijaab does not cover ones face. That is known as the Niqaab.

Spoiler

Original post by Plantagenet Crown
The whole point of the hijab is to hide someone's supposed beauty and make them look unattractive and/or unappealing.

Original post by JDieMstr
....Isn't the sole purpose of hijab is to hide the beauty of a female so she does not attract perverted looks from males?

hahahahaha
Original post by Salt Queen

Spoiler

:biggrin:
yeah.they are still pretty.
I think that women wearing hijabs can be gorgeous :smile: I also think that women not wearing hijabs can be gorgeous, too. It doesn't detract from the beauty, if that helps.
Original post by Emilio Ramirez
I love your choice of wording - I suppose you really like Muslims lmfao...
To put it in a positive light, it's to show the modesty of a woman ...

So a woman can’t be modest without wearing the hijab?
A Hijaab does not cover ones face. That is known as the Niqaab.

And the whole body included! only the eyes are visible. So covered face is an individual style of wearing a hijaab.
And the whole body included! only the eyes are visible. So covered face is an individual style of wearing a hijaab.

The whole body included is known as an abayah. Only eyes visible is known as the Niqaab so ultimately you are categorising all of them in one group?

Which does not make sense. Hijab is a piece of fabric which covers one hair..
The whole body included is known as an abayah. Only eyes visible is known as the Niqaab so ultimately you are categorising all of them in one group? (...)

I am just interest in to understand the differences and to distinguish those clothes from.
I am just interest in to understand the differences and to distinguish those clothes from.

Right. So the Hijab covers one hair its known as being modest. It originates from the Holy Quraan.

The Abayah is normally a black cloth that a Muslim female wears as that is also another format of being modest.

Lastly is the Niqaab in which one wears on the face so that men cannot glance at them. The Niqaab only shows ones eyes as you mentioned.

All the above, portrays modesty in the Islamic sense.
Yes!! I was coming back from work today and I saw a hijabi girl wearing a maxi dress, she honestly looked like a fairytale princess. I was blown away. Hijab looks elegant and gives off an enchanting feel as opposed to not wearing one
even if it is not the purpose i think they make a woman more beautiful :smile:
Reply 119
Original post by Froppy
no i don't find them attractive ...because i don't know what they look like o_o

You know exactly what they look like, just without having seen their hair

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending