The Student Room Group

Why would an outgoing guy like a shy girl

As the title says...why? This guy keeps looking at me and smiling. He doesn't stare at the other girls around us just me. He even tried talking to me but I got shy and gave him short replies. He still tried to get my attention even after that. He's also a very attractive guy so it's not like he's desperate and lacking female attention. Does he just do this because he thinks I'm weird or is it out of liking me? I don't understand why an outgoing guy would like a shy anti social girl like me...?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
yeah i don't see why he wouldn't
Reply 2
He finds you attractive, that's why.
Reply 3
Original post by cactuss
yeah i don't see why he wouldn't

I have confidence issues so how is that attractive to anyone
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous

He probably likes you as you are, insecurities and all!
Reply 5
outgoing loud girls can be intimidating to some guys so it can be difficult to build up the courage to approach them...shy girls just seem much more friendly and cute! Therefore less scary to try and talk too lol :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Froppy
outgoing loud girls can be intimidating to some guys so it can be difficult to build up the courage to approach them...shy girls just seem much more friendly and cute! Therefore less scary to try and talk too lol :smile:

I was actually mean to him once because of my shyness. Even after that he still seems interested and keeps watching me/ trying to get my attention :frown:(( I wish I knew why he finds me so interesting I'm boring af
maybe your good looking now
Reply 8
Original post by cactuss

Original post by cactuss

I hope soooo
Reply 9
I think he sees everything in you that you seem so reluctant to see in yourself.
Original post by hannah00
maybe your good looking now

I'm okay. 5/10 usually when I try I can get up to a 7. So yeah I'm not ugly and nowhere near as as attractive as the guy
I'm okay. 5/10 usually when I try I can get up to a 7. So yeah I'm not ugly and nowhere near as as attractive as the guy

most guys arnt that picky. If your a 7 and have a good personality, he wants to date you
Wow, this is so me rn
Original post by hannah00
most guys arnt that picky. If your a 7 and have a good personality, he wants to date you
Reading that made me feel a lot better yenno
Original post by AOA_
Wow, this is so me rn

Does an outgoing guy like you as well?
Reply 14
Honestly no I wouldn't, because I have before and I find they're insecure and accuse you of a lot of ****, and it's extremely frustrating just generally talking to them and trying get them to open up (not in the literal sense lol)
Original post by eden3
Honestly no I wouldn't, because I have before and I find they're insecure and accuse you of a lot of ****, and it's extremely frustrating just generally talking to them and trying get them to open up (not in the literal sense lol)

I'm actually not insecure or *****y or anything just introverted. I just don't like hanging with lots of people and like one on one situations more. But I get where you're coming from. I find it reaaaally odd that he's taking an interest in me.
I meant I don't show I'm insecure. But yeah I am lol
I'm actually not insecure or *****y or anything just introverted. I just don't like hanging with lots of people and like one on one situations more. But I get where you're coming from. I find it reaaaally odd that he's taking an interest in me.

Nerd girls are interesting. Maybe he thinks you have layers. Maybe he thinks your body is spectacular. The only way to figure it out is to ask. :biggrin:
Reading that made me feel a lot better yenno

Does an outgoing guy like you as well?

just be smart, check out for signs its not a prank or something.

carry on talking to him, ask open ended questions. connect on social media, see if he messages you first etc

I'm outgoing for the most part and I find shy girls quite cute - so yes, if you've caught his eye he won't give a damn if you're shy and it might even be one of the reasons he likes you. Outgoing girls can be a bit of a headache to be honest, they're always talking about their mates and posting on instagram and all that, plus in my experience (albeit an anecdote does not evidence make) shy people tend to be more interesting when you get to know them.

Latest

Trending

Trending