The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Why are people NOT homophobic??

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hvydna
Well, I don't like the idea of same sex relations. Then again, I don't like the idea of a lot of things. That doesn't mean I wouldn't talk to or befriend a person just for being bi/gay/whatever because what they do with themselves sexually doesn't concern me at all.
You don't have to like what people do but as long as it doesn't affect you, let them be.

I totally agree.
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
Already explained this to you babes, being in disagreement doesn't mean you actually have an argument, argument implies something worth listening to.

Oh, now I get it!

"I don't agree with their views, so it should be censored".

Yep. A soldier in the SJW brigade.
Original post by Future-Barista
Yeah and thanks for using sarcasm as a response, rather than a valid point on why homophobics will use "the gays are too much in my face" As a means of defending their views. Regardless of the fact that members of the LGBT are imprisoned, killed or forced therapy.

I mean, correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like homophobics portray things as homosexuality in the media or someone saying "I'm gay" as something worse then being killed or imprisoned. .

WTF is wrong with you?

Are you drinking tonight or on drugs?

What is with these absurd quotings?:biggrin:
Original post by RoyalBeams
Again, you point is lost and meaningless, darling. You will have to do better than this again.

Just saying you attempted two points and one was complete gibberish. Thought that was clear when I said you'd taken a dictionary hostage.

Oh! Accept by force otherwise face consequences like being kicked out of your education programme in Sheffield university for expressing your faith on Facebook?

Very reasonable, is it not?

I mean you missed the part where they were training to be a social worker, which would involve having to work with LGBT people quite a bit, so by being a homophobe they were demonstrating a lack of fitness to practice?

Others call it Nazism and Fascism!

typically those who don't have a bleeding clue what fascism is...
Oh, now I get it!

"I don't agree with their views, so it should be censored".

Yep. A soldier in the SJW brigade.

Nah, more "you can't have an argument that LGBT people aren't people", it's obviously wrong. As I compared it to flat earthers earlier and you still don't seem to get it, I'll try again: flat earthers disagree that the earth is spherical. They don't have an argument that it isn't though, they've got a load of nonsense. Being against LGBT people having the same rights as any other human is as much cobblers as thinking the earth is flat. Calling it an argument suggests far more thought has gone into it than actually has.
Just saying you attempted two points and one was complete gibberish. Thought that was clear when I said you'd taken a dictionary hostage.

No. You made a giberrish point with some nonsense about the Earth is flat, which I used questions to destroy.

I mean you missed the part where they were training to be a social worker, which would involve having to work with LGBT people quite a bit, so by being a homophobe they were demonstrating a lack of fitness to practice?

typically those who don't have a bleeding clue what fascism is...

Oh, I see! lol

So someone does not agree with homosexuality means they should not have a right to an education?

So Christians should not be allowed to be social workers because they disagree with homosexuality, birth control, sex before marriage, not praying etc. because they would work with people that engage in all that?

You believe such nonsense and you think you have a bleeding clue what fascism is?:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Nah, more "you can't have an argument that LGBT people aren't people", it's obviously wrong. As I compared it to flat earthers earlier and you still don't seem to get it, I'll try again: flat earthers disagree that the earth is spherical. They don't have an argument that it isn't though, they've got a load of nonsense. Being against LGBT people having the same rights as any other human is as much cobblers as thinking the earth is flat. Calling it an argument suggests far more thought has gone into it than actually has.

Sorry, please can you highlight where I stated LGBT people are not people.

Where did you pull that out of?

Go ahead, I await it.
(edited 6 years ago)
This thread is a hot mess.
Honestly what a stupid thread, can't you just let people live their lives the way they want? Even if you disagree with them, can't you just keep it to yourself?
Usually I find that people who are anti-LGBTs tend to have one or more misconceptions about them, hence the 'hate'. Would you mind explaining why are you not supportive? Maybe if you were open, others could point out if there are any misconceptions for a different perspective for you.
Oh, I see! lol

So someone does not agree with homosexuality means they should not have a right to an education?

So Christians should not be allowed to be social workers because they disagree with homosexuality, birth control, sex before marriage, not praying etc. because they would work with people that engage in all that?

You believe such nonsense and you think you have a bleeding clue what fascism is?:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Aww, you think you actually made any sense, cute. No, I made a clear point about how some people disagreeing with something doesn't mean there's actually an argument to be had over that thing, you responded with a word salad then started deliberately misquoting it and claimed I thought support for LGBT people was 100%.

No, and it's obvious I wasn't talking about not having a right to an education since I focused entirely on the profession, not the course itself, but someone who believes homosexuality is an abomination shouldn't work in a role where they're going to have to look after LGBT people, just as a vegan shouldn't work in an abattoir. Moderate Christians, who actually follow the teachings of Jesus (I.e. Compassion and tolerance), can work as social workers, indeed following those teachings makes them very well equipped for the role.

Sorry, please can you highlight where I stated LGBT people are not people.

Where did you pull that out of?

Go ahead, I await it.

I've gone over this several times, I will not repeat myself after this so try listening this time. The LGBT agenda doesn't exist, but the closest thing to it is "we're people too". You're whining about the LGBT agenda, and if we focus on what that actually is, you're moaning about people wanting to be considered people.
Original post by thetoebeans
why are people not heterophobic is a better question 😂😂😂

Homophobic? Nah, you're just hetero phobic
Starin' at my jeans, watchin' my genitals bulgin' (ooh!)
That's my motherf*ckin' balls, you'd better let go of 'em
They belong in my scrotum
You'll never get hold of 'em

Spoiler

Original post by Texxers
Honestly, I don't see why people actually support the LGBT community. I don't see why it's so frowned upon for me to express my opinions on this issue. Just wanted to see what other TSR members thought of it..

And no I don't hide myself under Anon ever when it comes to controversial topics.

People support them because they believe gay people etc,, should be treated the same as everybody else. Why you feel so strongly against this community says more about YOU. It's not in people's nature to be uncomfortable with gay people, otherwise wouldn't everybody feel the way you do. Most people have no issue with it. If you do then it is learnt behaviour probably from your peers or your parents/family member. Which is sad as they are bringing/brought you up wrong.

It's frowned upon because there is no need for you to express your opinion, causing more hate towards this group and making them feel as if they should be ashamed of it when they don't need to be. Your opinions are hurtful and not necessary, people can not help the way they were born.

Love is still love, regardless if it's between a man and a woman, or a man or a man, or woman and a woman. It should be celebrated. Too much hate in this world already without people like you lecturing what is right or wrong. It's none of your business.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Texxers
They love shoving their agenda up people's throats. Their little marches and anti-biological nature.

Having Pride marches is not "shoving their agenda up people's throats". The reason we have Pride marches and not Straight Pride is because unfortunately, gay people are still deprived of the same rights as us in some countries. We don't have Straight Pride because we don't need one. We have Pride, however, because in 2017, people are still fighting to be accepted for their sexuality, which has nothing to do with anyone else either.

I'm not going to immediately assume you're a homophobe; I won't categorise you as homophobic unless you go out of your way to purposely insult the LGBT community. If you frown upon it but don't insult people of the LGBT community, I still disagree with your opinion, but it's better than being purposely offensive. If, however, you do go out of your way to insult the LGBT community, then people of your sort are derogatory. Like another user said, it's like asking "why are people NOT racist?"
Reply 214
Original post by princess kimber
People support them because they believe gay people etc,, should be treated the same as everybody else. Why you feel so strongly against this community says more about YOU. It's not in people's nature to be uncomfortable with gay people, otherwise wouldn't everybody feel the way you do. Most people have no issue with it. If you do then it is learnt behaviour probably from your peers or your parents/family member. Which is sad as they are bringing/brought you up wrong.

It's frowned upon because there is no need for you to express your opinion, causing more hate towards this group and making them feel as if they should be ashamed of when they don't need to be.

Love is still love, regardless if it's between a man and a woman, or a man or a man, or woman and a woman. It should be celebrated. Too much hate in this world already without people like you lecturing what is right or wrong. It's none of your business.

People of course can hold any opinion they wish, but it isn't necessary to voice "homophobic" opinions as they do nothing but try to set back the LGBTQ+ community. If you do have opinions against them then fine, that's down to you. But speaking out against people expressing their sexuality and living their lives openly does you no good and impacts their lives in a massive way.
Another's sexuality impacts nobody, so why bother to speak out against it. Act like a civilised person when in contact with someone you disagree with and move on. You don't have to be friends with anyone from the community if that is your desire but trying to hold back their right to equal happiness with themselves is wrong.
Aww, you think you actually made any sense, cute. No, I made a clear point about how some people disagreeing with something doesn't mean there's actually an argument to be had over that thing, you responded with a word salad then started deliberately misquoting it and claimed I thought support for LGBT people was 100%.

You were talking gibberish!

In your attempt to grasp at straws, you decided to try and make a nonsense claim that anyone not in agreement with homosexual issues does not accept them as people. That is utter nonsense!

No, and it's obvious I wasn't talking about not having a right to an education since I focused entirely on the profession, not the course itself, but someone who believes homosexuality is an abomination shouldn't work in a role where they're going to have to look after LGBT people, just as a vegan shouldn't work in an abattoir. Moderate Christians, who actually follow the teachings of Jesus (I.e. Compassion and tolerance), can work as social workers, indeed following those teachings makes them very well equipped for the role.

Now you see where you are proving my point about the agenda of the pro-homosexual lobby?

"Some people are LGBT, if you don't support them and agree with them on EVERY issue, then you are homophobic, a bigot, intolerant, not living in the 21st century, backwards, ignorant etc. and you should not be allowed to hold a position of authority/job or your business should be fined/brought down"

Your argument right here is that Christains should not be allowed to be social workers or even study to be one because they disagree with homosexuality, birth control, sex before marriage, not praying etc. and they would work with people that engage in all that.

Cut the nonsense crap about moderate Christians. The bible tells them all those things are sin, so virtually all Christians would believe in at least one of all those listed and your argument is that because of that, they should be kicked out of their course and be excluded from social work.

Thank you for showing your NAZISM and FASCISM!!!

I don't know how it became reasoning for a university to even be the one to determine who can be a social worker. A sensible mind would have thought it should be the employee who would determine if a person was worthy to be one. This shows the arrogance and fascism of the pro-lgbt brigade for a university to have the arrogance to decide they can do that. PURE ARROGANCE! And the COURTS supported such rubbish? And you are saying there is no agenda?

This is exactly what the OP is referring to, he is not allowed to speak his mind. The Nazis and Fascists would look for a way to destroy him.

I've gone over this several times, I will not repeat myself after this so try listening this time. The LGBT agenda doesn't exist, but the closest thing to it is "we're people too". You're whining about the LGBT agenda, and if we focus on what that actually is, you're moaning about people wanting to be considered people.

You just proved it exists, mate.

Thank you!

"Support us or suffer for your differring opinion"!
(edited 6 years ago)
Live and let live. Who are you to judge?
Original post by Tomas Darcy
Because POC are natural and are meant to be, however homophobic activity is very against our nature. It's not weird that some people are uncomfortable with it.

I have to admit, I have never understood the repeated comparison of homosexuals to POC.

I have always seen it as a cheap, piggyback association for illogical benefit.

They are two completely different issues, but the pro-LGBT agenda want to leech to it for their own benefit at all costs. They see it as there strongest reference point.

"Leech to slavery and you would get whites terrified of a shameful past that they would not like to repeat".
Original post by princess kimber

It's frowned upon because there is no need for you to express your opinion, causing more hate towards this group and making them feel as if they should be ashamed of it when they don't need to be. Your opinions are hurtful and not necessary, people can not help the way they were born.

The highlighted is total nonsense.

If you go back in time or to any uncontacted people today (when and where homosexuality is not known and heterosexuality is not taught, just happens), they would automatically and naturally be uncomfortable with homosexuality. They would have an issue with it because it is not part of their nature and environment.

Acceptance and support for homosexuality and transgender stuff is what is actually a learnt behaviour. It is borne out of consistent promotion and teachings by a liberal/SJW Western media. We can see it from the generational difference and the gradual shift that took place in the last 30 years after the campaign began. In the world, majority of people are not in support. Support is only prevalent in the West.

Go to some African/Asian village and tell people you are a man but think you are a woman and see how they would look at you. I am sure they are not even aware that is a possible mental state, talk less of them being taught to dislike it.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 219
You were talking gibberish!

In your attempt to grasp at straws, you decided to try and make a nonsense claim that anyone not in agreement with homosexual issues does not accept them as people. That is utter nonsense!

Now you see where you are proving my point about the agenda of the pro-homosexual lobby?

"Some people are LGBT, if you don't support them and agree with them on EVERY issue, then you are homophobic, a bigot, intolerant, not living in the 21st century, backwards, ignorant etc. and you should not be allowed to hold a position of authority/job or your business should be fined/brought down"

Your argument right here is that Christains should not be allowed to be social workers or even study to be one because they disagree with homosexuality, birth control, sex before marriage, not praying etc. and they would work with people that engage in all that.

Cut the nonsense crap about moderate Christians. The bible tells them all those things are sin, so virtually all Christians would believe in at least one of all those listed and your argument is that because of that, they should be kicked out of their course and be excluded from social work.

Thank you for showing your NAZISM and FASCISM!!!

I don't know how it became reasoning for a university to even be the one to determine who can be a social worker. A sensible mind would have thought it should be the employee who would determine if a person was worthy to be one. This shows the arrogance and fascism of the pro-lgbt brigade for a university to have the arrogance to decide they can do that. PURE ARROGANCE! And the COURTS supported such rubbish? And you are saying there is no agenda?

This is exactly what the OP is referring to, he is not allowed to speak his mind. The Nazis and Fascists would look for a way to destroy him.

You just proved it exists, mate.

Thank you!

"Support us or suffer for your differring opinion"!

Have you read anything said on this thread that disagrees with your opinion? You seem obsessed with the LGBTQ+ agenda yet it doesn't do anything to affect you. Why do you seem to hate these people, or at least their opinions, so much? All they want to do is help change society to accept those of a different sexuality so we can all have the freedom to express ourselves as we are.
The opinions of "homophobes", and I use this term as it now stands for those against non-straight people, is invalid. Those of a non-straight sexuality are normal people, there is nothing wrong with them. Homophobic behaviour does nothing but try to repress people, so why should those opinions, that are completely self-centred, be shouted out? Everyone can have an opinion, but there are small lies we tell every day or thoughts we keep secret to be civil to each other, and opinions against sexualities have no ground to stand on to deserve the strength they carry.
This is just racism against sexualities and, as is widely accepted, neither deserve to be targeted for being different. What makes straight people correct? There are many species that display homosexuality and some that are of a single sex.

Latest

Trending

Trending