The Student Room Group

Which could I get into, Warwick or UCL for economics?

Alright, rather than the standard - compare the unis, I want to know which university I would be most likely get into?

My gcse's are 1 A 7 B's 2 C's (Not great I know)

I'm retaking a year in college and I have called the admissions at Warwick (and other unis including LSE but not applying at LSE) and some say it's fine but some say I would be at a disadvantage, however it is possible.

My predicted grades are A* Maths A* Biology A Chemistry.

I reckon my personal statement is strong, and I have had people read it and give me useful advice.

(Also is the interview at UCL hard? The oxbridge interviews seem ridiculously hard)
Original post by HarveySpecter99
Alright, rather than the standard - compare the unis, I want to know which university I would be most likely get into?

My gcse's are 1 A 7 B's 2 C's (Not great I know)

I'm retaking a year in college and I have called the admissions at Warwick (and other unis including LSE but not applying at LSE) and some say it's fine but some say I would be at a disadvantage, however it is possible.

My predicted grades are A* Maths A* Biology A Chemistry.

I reckon my personal statement is strong, and I have had people read it and give me useful advice.

(Also is the interview at UCL hard? The oxbridge interviews seem ridiculously hard)

Last yr, you can look at the warwick applicants 2017 thread for econ and many people with even 5A*s at gcse were rejected even with 2A*A prediction. UCL on the other hand have been known to be more lenient when it comes to GCSEs in general.

Make of that what you will.
Original post by offsetWHOOP
Last yr, you can look at the warwick applicants 2017 thread for econ and many people with even 5A*s at gcse were rejected even with 2A*A prediction. UCL on the other hand have been known to be more lenient when it comes to GCSEs in general.

Make of that what you will.

Hmm thanks, I'll just research UCL more.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending