The Student Room Group

2018 Undergraduate Entry: University of Oxford New College Applicants

Hey, just thought I should open up a thread for applicants who are specifically applying to New College. Here's some info on me:

Course applied to?: History and Politics
International or domestic?: International student taking the IBDP
Predicted grades?: 39/42 (excluding TOK and EE core points)

Feel free to chat about anything that is relevant!

Scroll to see replies

ooh I applied for Medicine at New College...but I really doubt Oxford will even consider me. Its only my 11A*s at GCSEs thats holding my application up. I have 35/6/42 for Predicted, which is awful but hopefully my BMAT wasnt too bad as they dont really take a serious look at the Predicted grades....It's making me anxious - I just want them to arrive at a decision fast!
Reply 2
I barely scraped with my predicted, 39, and only 4A*s, 5A's, 1 B at GCSE equivalent, with Extended Mathematics (I did the MYP). Applying for CompSci, and the MAT was reallly abstract .. who knows what happened. Good luck to the rest of you.
Original post by umz1k999
I barely scraped with my predicted, 39, and only 4A*s, 5A's, 1 B at GCSE equivalent, with Extended Mathematics (I did the MYP). Applying for CompSci, and the MAT was reallly abstract .. who knows what happened. Good luck to the rest of you.

Is your predicted out of 45 or 42? Because if it's 42, then you didn't just barely scrap it, you've technically passed it!
Original post by TheMasterofLife
ooh I applied for Medicine at New College...but I really doubt Oxford will even consider me. Its only my 11A*s at GCSEs thats holding my application up. I have 35/6/42 for Predicted, which is awful but hopefully my BMAT wasnt too bad as they dont really take a serious look at the Predicted grades....It's making me anxious - I just want them to arrive at a decision fast!

I'm sure you'll at least get an interview! Even if you don't, I'm sure you have your other offers! No worries mate!
Hello everyone! I'm applying for PPE :smile:
What made you all choose New?
When I visited, I just loved the gardens and everyone there seemed super friendly :biggrin:
I'm applying for French and English- think I've totally messed up the MLAT though!
Original post by leah_burns
I'm applying for French and English- think I've totally messed up the MLAT though!

Sure you didn't! You should have seen my TSA I honestly had to guess at one point it was truly dire :biggrin:
Reply 8
Original post by TheMasterofLife

I also applied for medicine at New College! Super nervous about Friday - I just really want to know how the BMAT went! 😫
Original post by Ecds
I also applied for medicine at New College! Super nervous about Friday - I just really want to know how the BMAT went! 😫

Fingers crossed for everyone!
Hey guys! Any other Experimental Psychology applicants ?
Course applied to?: PPE
International or domestic?: Domestic but taking the IBDP
Predicted grades?: 44/45

Has anyone heard about PPE decisions from New yet?
Original post by charlie17xo
Course applied to?: PPE
International or domestic?: Domestic but taking the IBDP
Predicted grades?: 44/45

Has anyone heard about PPE decisions from New yet?

Your predicted grades make me soft at the knees lmao: they're insane! I don't think anyone has heard back yet from New.
Original post by derpylasagna
Your predicted grades make me soft at the knees lmao: they're insane! I don't think anyone has heard back yet from New.

Haha thanks, but I just heard back from New and unfortunately I've been rejected... so sad but good luck to you all!
Original post by charlie17xo
Haha thanks, but I just heard back from New and unfortunately I've been rejected... so sad but good luck to you all!

Ah! Such a shame! But it's alright, I'm sure you'll end up where you want to be! Thanks, man!
Reply 15
Any Law applicants heard back yet?
Original post by derpylasagna
Hey, just thought I should open up a thread for applicants who are specifically applying to New College. Here's some info on me:

Course applied to?: History and Politics
International or domestic?: International student taking the IBDP
Predicted grades?: 39/42 (excluding TOK and EE core points)

Feel free to chat about anything that is relevant!

Finally found this thread... feel like hardly anybody is applying to new this year?!
I applied for biomedical science (haven't met any other for that either)!
Original post by Ecds

How did it go for you??
Reply 18
Original post by ProbablyJade
How did it go for you??

5.4, 5.9, and 2.5A - bit annoyed by my essay score but not much I can do I suppose. How about you?
So... who's bringing the gaff and cards against humanity to interviewz ladzzz???

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending