The Student Room Group

Sociology VS Anthropology

Hi everyone, I am currently deciding on a few second choice university courses. My first choice is English and Politics. Currently I am debating whether to apply to English and Anthropology or English and Sociology.

I was wondering does anyone have any experience with either of these subjects and can give me advice on what one is more Interesting and useful for the future. Thanks.
Original post by Nicolee3
Hi everyone, I am currently deciding on a few second choice university courses. My first choice is English and Politics. Currently I am debating whether to apply to English and Anthropology or English and Sociology.

I was wondering does anyone have any experience with either of these subjects and can give me advice on what one is more Interesting and useful for the future. Thanks.
Out of interest, what's your career plan?:curious:
Reply 2
Original post by 04MR17
Out of interest, what's your career plan?:curious:

Honestly, I'm not really sure yet. I was thinking something along the lines of teaching or journalism, although I'm not really sure. I thought it would keep my options open if I did double honours rather than single honours in English.
Original post by Nicolee3
Honestly, I'm not really sure yet. I was thinking something along the lines of teaching or journalism, although I'm not really sure. I thought it would keep my options open if I did double honours rather than single honours in English.
Sociology would be more useful for teaching or journalism than anthropology I'd say.
Reply 4
Original post by 04MR17
Sociology would be more useful for teaching or journalism than anthropology I'd say.

Okay, thanks for the advice!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending