The Student Room Group

Please help bio unit 4 edexcel

why do they bring questions from unit 1 and 2 knowledge?? Uuughhh so annoying! ! Do I have to read unit 1 and 2? Also, thoe topics in the green ann fullick book that arent in the spec..should we read them? Thanks, pleaasee id appreciate help.
Reply 1
I did AQA A Level Biology, and am now at university studying Biomedical Science, so I think I can be somewhat of a help.
Yes, all of the content in unit 1 and 2 of AS Biology must be re-learnt for A-Level Biology, alongside unit 3 and 4.
For my exams, we had one paper that was AS only, a paper that was A2 only, and a paper that was a mix of AS and A2 (but in applied knowledge form).
With the exams set out like this, it is much easier to study for the exams, since they can only ask you so much from AS in one paper.
I would recommend looking at the Biology specification to see what is required knowledge, anything that isn't in the specification isn't required knowledge, and so, you won't be examined on it. Mind you, there is an essay at the end of paper 3 (well, for me there was) and it required synoptic links from outside the specification, and so, the content that isn't in the specification can be used for the essay?
Reply 2
Original post by Epitype
I did AQA A Level Biology, and am now at university studying Biomedical Science, so I think I can be somewhat of a help.
Yes, all of the content in unit 1 and 2 of AS Biology must be re-learnt for A-Level Biology, alongside unit 3 and 4.
For my exams, we had one paper that was AS only, a paper that was A2 only, and a paper that was a mix of AS and A2 (but in applied knowledge form).
With the exams set out like this, it is much easier to study for the exams, since they can only ask you so much from AS in one paper.
I would recommend looking at the Biology specification to see what is required knowledge, anything that isn't in the specification isn't required knowledge, and so, you won't be examined on it. Mind you, there is an essay at the end of paper 3 (well, for me there was) and it required synoptic links from outside the specification, and so, the content that isn't in the specification can be used for the essay?
hmm I see, I guess ill have to read them then, going through the revision guide is enough right? (For AS) ive done unit 1,2 and 3 in AS. I have 4,5 and 6 to go now. Thanks A LOT foe your help!!:smile:
Original post by sarah99630
hmm I see, I guess ill have to read them then, going through the revision guide is enough right? (For AS) ive done unit 1,2 and 3 in AS. I have 4,5 and 6 to go now. Thanks A LOT foe your help!!:smile:

Reading the revision guide AND doing papers should be good enough for an A grade.

That's what I did.
Reply 4
Original post by sarah99630

Would definitely recommend doing past papers (save the new specification actual exams for later), drawing mechanisms (like photosynthesis and respiration in A2), making posters and mind-maps, working in groups for revision, and making flashcards. Just some of the things I did to get an A in Bio.
Reply 5
Original post by Blue_Cow
Reading the revision guide AND doing papers should be good enough for an A grade.

That's what I did.

Congrats on that A grade! and yes im going to do lpastpapers God willing, I just meant for PREVIOUS units that ive done but somehow they test the content in unit 4, are the ones im gonna go through the revision guide. so that I can focus the bulk of revision on the actual unit 4
Reply 6
Original post by Epitype
Would definitely recommend doing past papers (save the new specification actual exams for later), drawing mechanisms (like photosynthesis and respiration in A2), making posters and mind-maps, working in groups for revision, and making flashcards. Just some of the things I did to get an A in Bio.

wow! congrats! yes im planning to do a lot of revision and pastpapers God willing, I meant the revision guide only was for the AS units that ive already done but soemtimes they bring questions from them in unit 4. thanks!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending