Visit website

Lancaster University 2018 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Name: Sarah
Course: Maths
Predicted Grades: A*A*AA
Other Universities: Bath, Nottingham, Birmigham and Exeter

Sent on the 16th of October and had 2 offers so far (Exeter and Nottingham) really hoping I’ll hear back soon they said (on the 19th) they’d “be in touch soon” 😅 good luck everyone!!
(edited 6 years ago)
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Original post by Lucy Rogers
Has anyone been given a conditional offer, but got a letter inviting you to come to an interview so they can decide whether to upgrade it to unconditional? I've applied for English Lit and History x

My friend has, but she's gonna decline, as she wants to go to cambridge.

I'm still waiting for my offer from Lancaster, I'd love to go there :/
Got an unconditional for geography today :smile:
Original post by The-Hof123
My friend has, but she's gonna decline, as she wants to go to cambridge.

I'm still waiting for my offer from Lancaster, I'd love to go there :/

lol why wouldn't she still attend, cambridge isn't certain even if you want to go more than anything. Unless she has another backup that she likes more than Lancaster, I'd probably try to convince her to go :smile:
Original post by rosie_cats
lol why wouldn't she still attend, cambridge isn't certain even if you want to go more than anything. Unless she has another backup that she likes more than Lancaster, I'd probably try to convince her to go :smile:

Yeah, she's got Warwick and Bristol, and I've tried :smile:
Original post by The-Hof123
Yeah, she's got Warwick and Bristol, and I've tried :smile:

ah that's great! Hope you get an offer soon!! they seem to be a bit slower than usual with offers this year, so I wouldn't worry :smile:
My friend got an offer for nuclear engineering today at Lancaster! Seems like they're starting to slowly give out offers now fingers crossed.
Name: Luke
Course: Maths G101
Predicted: A*A*AA + A* epq
Other universities: Nottingham, st andrews, imperial, oxford

Offer (6/11/17) - Unconditional!
Just got an AAB (reduced offer) for Lancaster History, unconditional if firm! Actually rethinking my choices now, I might make Lancaster my insurance or maybe even my firm. Will have to do a bit more research!
Got an unconditional for Politics Study Abroad :biggrin:
Original post by xBasedChris
Got an unconditional for Politics Study Abroad :biggrin:

aha glad they finally replied to you! congrats!
aha glad they finally replied to you! congrats!

Thank you! It took longer than it did last year, when I only had predictions! :P It seems they've been extremely slow across the board this year, though.
Course: Medicine
Achieved Alevel Grades: A*AAAb
Other Universities: King's, Liverpool, Bristol, Bham biomed (got unconditional!)
Original post by xBasedChris
Thank you! It took longer than it did last year, when I only had predictions! :P It seems they've been extremely slow across the board this year, though.

so true, last year my friend had an offer within a week but this year it took them a month to give me an offer lol, oh well at least it's another offer in the bag :biggrin:
so true, last year my friend had an offer within a week but this year it took them a month to give me an offer lol, oh well at least it's another offer in the bag :biggrin:

Yep :P I have as many offers now as I did all last cycle, so at least I've matched my success there XD
Original post by Cravez
studying medicine at Lancaster - happy to answer any questions :smile:

hows the nightlife? :colondollar:
Got an unconditional for geography today :smile:

What predicted grades did you have out of interest?
Original post by Oxbridge_
hows the nightlife? :colondollar:

Hard question since I am not really one for partying (i am assuming thats what you mean by nightlife). Of the little I have heard/seen its not amazing. Lancaster is a a rather quiet place even when the students are around so there isnt really much 'to do' apart from study, go gym, do sports, join societies, Lake District etc.
If you have a car it makes life alot more interesting because you can travel to Manchester for the nightlife there.
Original post by 11camerl22
What predicted grades did you have out of interest?

I left school in 2016 so already have grades of a*aa :smile:
Original post by Cravez
Hard question since I am not really one for partying (i am assuming thats what you mean by nightlife). Of the little I have heard/seen its not amazing. Lancaster is a a rather quiet place even when the students are around so there isnt really much 'to do' apart from study, go gym, do sports, join societies, Lake District etc.
If you have a car it makes life alot more interesting because you can travel to Manchester for the nightlife there.

Ah fair enough, studies before the sesh anyway! Hopefully I get into medicine there, liked the Uni

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending