The Student Room Group

Which grades are more impressive/better?

Person A:
GCSES: 3 B's and 2 Cs (this person also got 4 grades D-F)
A levels: AAA

Person B:
GCSEs: 7 A's and 2 bs and 1 C
A levels: BBC

Scroll to see replies

It depends on what the grades are being used for but I'd be more impressed with person A because it is clear that after receiving GCSE grades that aren't too great, they have worked hard during their A-levels to achieve great grades. Are these real people because the difference from GCSE to A-level is huge for both people.
Reply 2
Original post by Ajanth.T
It depends on what the grades are being used for but I'd be more impressed with person A because it is clear that after receiving GCSE grades that aren't too great, they have worked hard during their A-levels to achieve great grades. Are these real people because the difference from GCSE to A-level is huge for both people.

They are both real. And I know.
person A , gcse's <a-level's
Original post by Anonymous
Person A:
GCSES: 3 B's and 2 Cs (this person also got 4 grades D-F)
A levels: AAA

Person B:
GCSEs: 7 A's and 2 bs and 1 C
A levels: BBC

Depends what they're for and what the subjects are. But if I had to pick between them just going on this, Person A. This person looks like they've upped their game and really worked hard for A-levels, whereas Person B's results look like they've slacked off.
both quite bad lol, but probs person A because Alevels r harder
Reply 6
person A , gcse's <a-level's

Original post by TheMindGarage
Depends what they're for and what the subjects are. But if I had to pick between them just going on this, Person A. This person looks like they've upped their game and really worked hard for A-levels, whereas Person B's results look like they've slacked off.

Original post by Oxbridge_
both quite bad lol, but probs person A because Alevels r harder

okay thanks
Person a is better
Alevel are harder
And a is getting better but person b is getting worse
Reply 8
Original post by tom123h456
Person a is better
Alevel are harder
And a is getting better but person b is getting worse

Would you rather be person A or person B?
Would you rather be person A or person B?

I guess you are person B
I guess you are person B

Why would you think that?
Purely depends on subjects:
If Person A received AAA in Leisure & Recreation, Accounting & Finance and Law
And if Person B recieved BBC in Mathematics, Chemistry & English Literature
I'd say Person B is academically superior with adherence to the qualification prospects of Advanced Level courses.
Original post by adamantacademic
Purely depends on subjects:
If Person A received AAA in Leisure & Recreation, Accounting & Finance and Law
And if Person B recieved BBC in Mathematics, Chemistry & English Literature
I'd say Person B is academically superior with adherence to the qualification prospects of Advanced Level courses.

The subjects person A took was:

Economics, sociology and psychology.

The subjects person B took was:

English literature, law and sociology.
Person a is better and I would rather be bdtter
Person A is much better, how is this even a question?
Employers don't care about your GCSE's, but most good grad schemes want AAB+. Person B was probably somewhat naturally smart but put no effort in. Person B is embarrassing.
Person A is much better personally I believe person A chose even harder A levels than B and still came out with way better results despite their potential/GCSEs
The subjects person A took was:

Economics, sociology and psychology.

The subjects person B took was:

English literature, law and sociology.

Deffo Person A
I'd say Person A.
Person a is better and I would rather be bdtter

You'd rather be bdtter? Lol

Original post by GovernmentEarner
Person A is much better, how is this even a question?
Employers don't care about your GCSE's, but most good grad schemes want AAB+. Person B was probably somewhat naturally smart but put no effort in. Person B is embarrassing.

Original post by Stevenson Brown
Person A is much better personally I believe person A chose even harder A levels than B and still came out with way better results despite their potential/GCSEs

Original post by shahanne
Deffo Person A

Original post by Chief Wiggum
I'd say Person A.

Great. Thanks.
Original post by Ajanth.T

I got 1 A*, 6As and 3Bs at GCSE then got ABB at A Level (and a C in general studies), person B seems pretty similar to that?

I also had a mate who got (im not sure exactly) a few a*s and as at gcse (I’m pretty sure she didn’t get any bs at gcse) then got Bs/Cs at a level (she might’ve even got a d tbh, she just didn’t really put in the work when it came to a level)

Quick Reply

Latest