The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Macklebee
A*(Achieved)A*A*A - Maths, Further Maths, Computer Science, French

what was your personal statement looking like?
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by 22chicken
what was your personal statement looking like?

Not really sure how to answer this question? Do you mean what kind of things did I put in my personal statement?
Original post by Macklebee
Not really sure how to answer this question? Do you mean what kind of things did I put in my personal statement?

Yeah, did you have an exceptional background or anything? What sort of things did you talk about?
Original post by AbirHBK
Yeah..I just gave mine. Apparently questions are random as me and my friend just got a couple same questions... For those who haven't given it
Focus on Differentiation, Differential Equations, Basic Integration(Partial Fractions and all). Along with this, just get your concepts on stacks, queues and binary trees right..they indirectly help with the logic questions. Also, can someone discuss the circle and sequences with me... I'm worried AF..
Anyways best of luck to all you guys and I hope to see you all at Imperial!

Is the differentiation C1/C2 level or does it go into C3 level?
Original post by yukeming
International here. I don't know whether I'm lazy or what but the coding questions I skipped because tracing is a chore. Did the stairs question. It's actually pretty easy if you know your PnCs. It's only a two step problem. Having done all the rest I have 15 minutes to trace the coding questions I'm like meh. Ok have to do it. Should be able to get all 8 correct. Waiting for interview invite.

What do you mean by stairs question? is it a mathematical principle/concept or is it a specific question regarding physical stairs?
Original post by shahzeb__m
What do you mean by stairs question? is it a mathematical principle/concept or is it a specific question regarding physical stairs?

I suppose it's better if you don't know

mate all I asked if you were referring to a specific question in the test, in which case you shouldn't tell me, or if it is a maths theory/topic in which case just say yes it is or no it's not. Doesn't put me at an advantage or disadvantage, just asking you to clarify your own post.
mate all I asked if you were referring to a specific question in the test, in which case you shouldn't tell me, or if it is a maths theory/topic in which case just say yes it is or no it's not. Doesn't put me at an advantage or disadvantage, just asking you to clarify your own post.

whateva I'm gonna tell you I didn't know before the test. it's not about advantage. it's about fairness. if I didn't know about anything about the test beforehand, I'm not obligated to tell you anything too. if you don't like it, go ask from someone else. it's none of my business. what's more, what's this thing about 'just' wanting me to clarify? it's obviously not 'just' if you gain more info than I would want to share
(edited 6 years ago)
whateva I'm gonna tell you I didn't know before the test. it's not about advantage. it's about fairness. if I didn't know about anything about the test beforehand, I'm not obligated to tell you anything too. if you don't like it, go ask from someone else. it's none of my business. what's more, what's this thing about 'just' wanting me to clarify? it's obviously not 'just' if you gain more info than I would want to share

fair enough but next time don't put out statements open to ambiguity because people who haven't taken the test will start worrying about what you said and what it means. So out of consideration for people who have yet to take the test, please either say nothing at all, or give full clarification next time. This is merely a request, I know you're not obligated to do anything :smile:

also, referring to your cheeky edit, please don't take what I said out of context. It is obvious I implied the adverb form of just meaning merely or simply, as opposed to the adjective you are using, alluding to fairness.
(edited 6 years ago)
fair enough but next time don't put out statements open to ambiguity because people who haven't taken the test will start worrying about what you said and what it means. So out of consideration for people who have yet to take the test, please either say nothing at all, or give full clarification next time. This is merely a request, I know you're not obligated to do anything :smile:

yeah sure I'm aware that I may be causing trouble. in my defense, I thought everybody has done the test. good luck and have fun with the test. no worries it requires nothing but simple math.

referring to your edit regarding my 'cheeky edit'. no I'm not alluding to just as in fairness. I'm saying that it's not warranted to use the word 'just' when it's clearly more than that

I'm neither cheeky nor trying to be funny. if I'm at fault it would be as a result of my unintentional ambiguity. clearly that had bothered you more than once. but wadeva lol I don't give much ****
(edited 6 years ago)
yeah sure I'm aware that I may be causing trouble. in my defense, I thought everybody has done the test. good luck and have fun with the test. no worries it requires nothing but simple math.

referring to your edit regarding my ,'cheeky edit'. no I'm not alluding to just as in fairness. I'm saying that it's not warranted to use the word 'just' when it's clearly more than that

Well I didn't say that with the intention of getting more out of it, but your justification is valid and I understand your perspective (see what I did there :wink: ). Best of luck to you too, hope to see you in Imperial.
Well I didn't say that with the intention of getting more out of it, but your justification is valid and I understand your perspective (see what I did there :wink: ). Best of luck to you too, hope to see you in Imperial.

having done most of secund year computing I would say I'm not suited to computing. I hope to see you too, but I'll not likely to be in computing

Agreed
Has anyone else got replies from Imperial after doing the test?? Can't take this suspense...:creep:
Original post by igot99problems
Has anyone else got replies from Imperial after doing the test?? Can't take this suspense...:creep:

Did the test on the 26th Oct and received invite to interview on 3rd Nov for an interview on 22nd nov. Im fairly confident I got 8/8 in test, and I have applied for Beng JMC
Hey does anyone know if an extended break is allowed between the Practice Test and the Admissions Test?

That is, are we allowed to take the Practice Test, close the webpage and do other things, then return to do the Practice Test before the 24-hour deadline?
Reply 176
Has anyone received an offer since last friday?
Reply 177
Original post by amkay
Has anyone received an offer since last friday?

Yeah I took my test on the 1st Nov. Got the invite today for the 22nd Nov.
@anyone who thought they bombed the pre-admissions test, I got an interview invite today!

Like i even messed up the really easy questions.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Squiidsquid
@anyone who thought they bombed the pre-admissions test, I got an interview invite today!

Like i even messed up the really easy questions.

this pst gives me some sort of hope. Hopefully i get a reply soon

Latest

Trending

Trending