The Student Room Group

will I get an offer?

Hi I'm currently predicted ACE at a Levels for Graphics, physics and maths. However i would like to apply to Dundee university for Architecture. But they require BCC minimum or BBB typical and they also consider an EPQ which I am also taking alongside A levels.

So I was wondering if anyone knows if I would be considered for a place at their uni ? Or will my application be brushed off as I don't have the entry requirements. bare in mind these are predicted and can change after my real exams😭
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Christistina_X
Hi I'm currently predicted ACE at a Levels for Graphics, physics and maths. However i would like to apply to Dundee university for Architecture. But they require BCC minimum or BBB typical and they also consider an EPQ which I am also taking alongside A levels.

So I was wondering if anyone knows if I would be considered for a place at their uni ? Or will my application be brushed off as I don't have the entry requirements. bare in mind these are predicted and can change after my real exams😭
Anyone who makes a serious application will be considered. Based on those grades I wouldn't be surprised if you did not receive an offer. If you have genuine reasons for some of your lower grades then maybe make sure that your referee includes them in your UCAS application reference.

Are you Scottish? - this stuff matters for grade offers as Home-RUK students are not as limited as Home-Scotland students.
Original post by 04MR17
Anyone who makes a serious application will be considered. Based on those grades I wouldn't be surprised if you did not receive an offer. If you have genuine reasons for some of your lower grades then maybe make sure that your referee includes them in your UCAS application reference.

ahh thank you for your response and I do have a valid reasons for my lower grade so I'll make sure my referee gets this down.
Original post by DreamlinerFinder
Are you Scottish? - this stuff matters for grade offers as Home-RUK students are not as limited as Home-Scotland students.

what does home-RUK students mean ?
what does home-RUK students mean ?

Do you live in England,Wales or Northern Ireland?- then it is slightly easer to get into Scottish Unis
Original post by DreamlinerFinder
Do you live in England,Wales or Northern Ireland?- then it is slightly easer to get into Scottish Unis

oh okaii yes I live in England
oh okaii yes I live in England

That will make your offer chances a bit beter- not like I know anything specific beyond that

You could apply for foundation year, or if you get no offers just go through clearing when you have your results.
Original post by JessicaEMB
You could apply for foundation year, or if you get no offers just go through clearing when you have your results.

yeah I've chosen 4 unis so far and one of them has a foundation year integrated. And the other unis I have the correct entry requirements. So I'm just looking into my last choice now
yeah I've chosen 4 unis so far and one of them has a foundation year integrated. And the other unis I have the correct entry requirements. So I'm just looking into my last choice now

Out of interest, which unis have you applied to
Original post by JessicaEMB
Out of interest, which unis have you applied to

Hertfordshire, Lincoln, WOE Bristol, and UCA as they all consider UCAS tariff points as well as the EPQ I am also taking
Hertfordshire, Lincoln, WOE Bristol, and UCA as they all consider UCAS tariff points as well as the EPQ I am also taking

I know Portsmouth are known for letting people do physics with a d in physics, even though it doesn’t say thta on their website. I would have a look there.
Just an update guys I received a conditional offer from Dundee for BBB in January. However right now I'm stuck between placing it as my firm or insurance as the other university I'm considering is UCA where they have lowered their offer for me from ABB to CCC. But comparing both unis I would like to go to Dundee but again I'm not sure if I can meet the grades considering they have given me an offer despite my predicted grades being stated of ACE already on my UCAS application, is there a chance I could get in with ACC + EPQ ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending