The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Why are people NOT homophobic??

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Texxers
Honestly, I don't see why people actually support the LGBT community. I don't see why it's so frowned upon for me to express my opinions on this issue. Just wanted to see what other TSR members thought of it..

And no I don't hide myself under Anon ever when it comes to controversial topics.

The NWO orders people to support their transgender agenda. Serena Williams, Venus Williams and Michelle Obama were all born men.
Original post by Bio 7
Have you read anything said on this thread that disagrees with your opinion? You seem obsessed with the LGBTQ+ agenda yet it doesn't do anything to affect you. Why do you seem to hate these people, or at least their opinions, so much? All they want to do is help change society to accept those of a different sexuality so we can all have the freedom to express ourselves as we are.
The opinions of "homophobes", and I use this term as it now stands for those against non-straight people, is invalid. Those of a non-straight sexuality are normal people, there is nothing wrong with them. Homophobic behaviour does nothing but try to repress people, so why should those opinions, that are completely self-centred, be shouted out? Everyone can have an opinion, but there are small lies we tell every day or thoughts we keep secret to be civil to each other, and opinions against sexualities have no ground to stand on to deserve the strength they carry.
This is just racism against sexualities and, as is widely accepted, neither deserve to be targeted for being different. What makes straight people correct? There are many species that display homosexuality and some that are of a single sex.

Ahhhh! The typical nonsense accusations.

"Obsessed"
"Hate"
"Homophobic"

Completely gibberish.
Reply 222
Original post by RoyalBeams
The highlighted is total nonsense.

If you go back in time or to any uncontacted people today (when and where homosexuality is not known and heterosexuality is not taught, just happens), they would automatically and naturally be uncomfortable with homosexuality. They would have an issue with it because it is not part of their nature and environment.

Acceptance and support for homosexuality and transgender stuff is what is actualler a learnt behaviour. It is borne out of consistent promotion and teachings by a liberal/SJW Western media. In the world, majority of people are not in support. Support is only prevalent in the West.

Go to some African/Asian village and tell people you are a man but think you are a woman and see how they would look at you. I am sure they are not even aware that is a possible mental state, talk less of them being taught to dislike it.

I think you would find that at least some of them would understand. The reason you don't see support across the world is because in most places they are heavily discriminated to the point that most keep their true gender or sexuality hidden and repress it for life. Ask people in private and I'm sure you would see a few people understanding as it is not something that only exists in small parts of the world as it is part of humanity and many other species.
Reply 223
Ahhhh! The typical nonsense accusations.

"Obsessed"
"Hate"
"Homophobic"

Completely gibberish.

Would you be willing to elaborate on what your complaints are? I don't see where the gibberish was located.

From what you have written so far it seems you don't wish to accept any points being made. There is no need to express opinions against different sexualities or gender identities as they have nothing to do with anyone else.
You seem to focus on LGBTQ+ people trying to gain equality as a negative goal which must be stopped yet there are no good reasons to do so.

If you wish to try and win someone over to your opinion then provide exact points on why it is wrong to be anything but a straight, cis person. All arguments that don't have solid ground rely on long sentences or paragraphs to try and diffuse the questions and provide no proper, clear response. The posts made in support of the LGBTQ+ community all have their points stated as that each person should be able to live as they are, with nobody trying to hold them back for what they cannot control and hat does not affect anyone else.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Bio 7
I think you would find that at least some of them would understand. The reason you don't see support across the world is because in most places they are heavily discriminated to the point that most keep their true gender or sexuality hidden and repress it for life. Ask people in private and I'm sure you would see a few people understanding as it is not something that only exists in small parts of the world as it is part of humanity and many other species.

Of course if you find one in a thousand who understand, then that is "some". But it is still insufficient to support the nonsense argument that uncomfortability with it is "taught". You have to be taught to tolerate and accept it, not vice versa.

If you go back 20 years, outside the West majority of people would not even know what is homosexuality before they are in their mid-teens. It was just not represented in their society but with globalisation and communications today, they are getting aware of it much younger.
Original post by Bio 7
Would you be willing to elaborate on what your complaints are? I don't see where the gibberish was located.

From what you have written so far it seems you don't wish to accept any points being made. There is no need to express opinions against different sexualities or gender identities as they have nothing to do with anyone else.
You seem to focus on LGBTQ+ people trying to gain equality as a negative goal which must be stopped yet there are no good reasons to do so.

If you wish to try and win someone over to your opinion then provide exact points on why it is wrong to be anything but a straight, cis person. All arguments that don't have solid ground rely on long sentences or paragraphs to try and diffuse the questions and provide no proper, clear response. The posts made in support of the LGBTQ+ community all have their points stated as that each person should be able to live as they are, with nobody trying to hold them back for what they cannot control and hat does not affect anyone else.

My point is very simple and in support of the OP.

The observation and experience is that the prevailing and extant position in the UK is:

"Some people are LGBT, if you don't support them and agree with them on EVERY issue, then you are homophobic, a bigot, intolerant, not living in the 21st century, backwards, ignorant etc. and you should not be allowed to hold a position of authority/job or your business should be fined/brought down".

There is a liberal/SJW nazism and fascism in the society which suppresses all counter views. The OP is right!
Reply 226
My point is very simple and in support of the OP.

The observation and experience is that the prevailing and extant position in the UK is:

"Some people are LGBT, if you don't support them and agree with them on EVERY issue, then you are homophobic, a bigot, intolerant, not living in the 21st century, backwards, ignorant etc. and you should not be allowed to hold a position of authority/job or your business should be fined/brought down".

There is a liberal/SJW nazism and fascism in the society which suppresses all counter views. The OP is right!

You don't have to support them though. You just don't have to fight against them. You still haven't made a good point about why these people shouldn't have equal rights to express themselves freely.
Original post by Texxers
Honestly, I don't see why people actually support the LGBT community. I don't see why it's so frowned upon for me to express my opinions on this issue. Just wanted to see what other TSR members thought of it..

And no I don't hide myself under Anon ever when it comes to controversial topics.

Hmm, okay let me ask you a question.

Why SHOULD people be homophobic?
Reply 228
Original post by RockSteel
Hmm, okay let me ask you a question.

Why SHOULD people be homophobic?

Exactly. What I really want to see is one simple, clear answer about the exact reason that people should be against those that are not heterosexual. No quotes or statistics, but an opinion that someone holds that shows the exact reasons not to support a person or actively fight against them from expressing themselves.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Bio 7
You don't have to support them though. You just don't have to fight against them. You still haven't made a good point about why these people shouldn't have equal rights to express themselves freely.

You are still talking your gibberish, it shows you are the one not reading my posts, you just jumped in with your typical SJW assumptions and try to push a discussion to your social justice issues and start your "labellings".

Stay on the discussion on the thread: "Are opposing views being suppressed?"

That is the discussion and the premise of the points you should be making, not: "Should LGBT people have certain rights?"
Original post by Texxers
They love shoving their agenda up people's throats. Their little marches and anti-biological nature.

how is having a pride march once a year shoving it down your throat?
nine times out of ten, an on-screen romance involves a heterosexual relationship, but that's not shoving it down our throats?
Reply 231
You are still talking your gibberish, it shows you are the one not reading my posts, you just jumped in with your typical SJW assumptions and try to push a discussion to your social justice issues and start your "labellings".

Stay on the discussion on the thread: "Are opposing views being suppressed?"

That is the discussion and the premise of the points you should be making, not: "Should LGBT people have certain rights?"

I'm not jumping in, I've read all your posts. What I want to see if your exact reasons on why non-straight people are wrong.

In any discussion about God those that believe in such never have proper answers but usually the same phrases such as, having faith. What I have seen from the side of people arguing against the LGBTQ+ community is just vague responses of a similar stand point of vagueness that "there is an agenda being pushed up throats". On the side in support of the communities the reasons given are clearly said as being:
That each each person has the right to express their sexuality without repression
Sexuality is not affecting anyone else and thus does not give invitation for needed fighting against their rights.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Bio 7
I'm not jumping it, I've read all your posts. What I want to see if your exact reasons on why non-straight people are wrong.

In any discussion about God those that believe in such never have proper answers but usually the same phrases such as, having faith. What I have seen from the side of people arguing against the LGBTQ+ community is just vague responses of a similar stand point of vagueness that "there is an agenda being pushed up throats". On the side in support of the communities the reasons given are clearly said as being:
That each each person has the right to express their sexuality without repression
Sexuality is not affecting anyone else and thus does not give invitation for needed fighting against their rights.

Okay, here is your challenge to prove you are not chatting gibberish:

Post the 'post numbers' (#) of 10 of my posts on this thread where I stated non-straight people are wrong.

The floor is yours.
I mean, in terms of a short answer, people aren't homophobic because there's literally no justifiable reason to be, at least outwardly. Even if you disagree with it, why be outwardly homophobic, who does that benefit?
Don’t hate what you don’t understand.
I don't know what Naziism or fascism are!

Your refusal to listen or read a single thing is frankly infuriating. Saying "If you think people are an abomination don't work with them" is naziism/fascism then your sense of comprehension is seriously warped, and frankly offensive to those who actually suffered under the yoke of fascism.

We're not talking about banning Christians from social work, most don't have a problem with gay people - either the "love the sinner, hate the sin" gambit, placing Jesus' teachings first or generally acknowledging that Leviticus is mostly outdated nonsense now - we're talking about not letting people who think LGBT people are an abomination care for them (given there are a number of unfit parents out there who disown their children for being LGBT, social workers are almost certainly going to have to work with a greater proportion of LGBT people than the average person)
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
Your refusal to listen or read a single thing is frankly infuriating. Saying "If you think people are an abomination don't work with them" is naziism/fascism then your sense of comprehension is seriously warped, and frankly offensive to those who actually suffered under the yoke of fascism.

We're not talking about banning Christians from social work, most don't have a problem with gay people - either the "love the sinner, hate the sin" gambit, placing Jesus' teachings first or generally acknowledging that Leviticus is mostly outdated nonsense now - we're talking about not letting people who think LGBT people are an abomination care for them (given there are a number of unfit parents out there who disown their children for being LGBT, social workers are almost certainly going to have to work with a greater proportion of LGBT people than the average person)

Nonsense!

Who are you or a university to dictate who someone should work or not work with? Is it not left to the individual to decide if they want to or don't want to work with a person or not?

You claim you are not talking about banning Christians from social work but you are talking about banning Christians from social work.

How do you know if this Sheffield university guy does not just hate the sin but loves the sinner?

Should we also ban those that think sex outside marriage is a sin from social work because they would deal with many single, never-married, mothers? Those are even a bigger population than LGBT people. Or is that in this pro-LGBT agenda, only LGBT people need to be protected?

Lets hear more of your lame excuses used for defending Nazism and Fascism. Come on, answer the questions.
Nonsense!

Who are you or a university to dictate who someone should work or not work with? Is it not left to the individual to decide if they want to or don't want to work with a person or not?

You claim you are not talking about banning Christians from social work but you are talking about banning Christians from social work.

How do you know if this Sheffield university guy does not just hate the sin but loves the sinner?

Should we also ban those that think sex outside marriage is a sin from social work because they would deal with many single, never-married, mothers? Those are even a bigger population than LGBT people. Or is that in this pro-LGBT agenda, only LGBT people need to be protected?

Lets hear more of your lame excuses used for defending Nazism and Fascism. Come on, answer the questions.

No it shouldn't be left to the individual if the other party doesn't have a choice...

I'm gonna go with calling them an abomination - you don't tend to call people you love (or rather tolerate) abominations...

Depends, do these anti sex outside marriage people think those who engage in it are less than human?
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
No it shouldn't be left to the individual if the other party doesn't have a choice...

I'm gonna go with calling them an abomination - you don't tend to call people you love (or rather tolerate) abominations...

Depends, do these anti sex outside marriage people think those who engage in it are less than human?

He quotes a part of his scriptures. Another part of his scriptures also tells him to love them. So obviously he can hate the sin and love the sinner.

Why are you trying to introduce another lame claim. Where did the Sheffield student say less human? Can you show me where he did? If he did not, so why are you trying to hide your lame position of your questiom about "less human"?

Just like homosexuality, the person that does not believe in sex outside marriage believes engaging in it is a sin.

So answer:

How is it the position of a University to decide who is a social worker or not? Are they not just there to teach and test? Is it not left to the employers and professional body?

Come on, work hard to defend Nazism and Fascism lamely.
He quotes a part of his scriptures. Another part of his scriptures also tells him to love them. So obviously he can hate the sin and love the sinner.

Why are you trying to introduce another lame claim. Where did the Sheffield student say less human? Can you show me where he did? If he did not, so why are you trying to hide your lame position of your questiom about "less human"?

Just like homosexuality, the person that does not believe in sex outside marriage believes engaging in it is a sin.

So answer:

How is it the position of a University to decide who is a social worker or not? Are they not just there to teach and test? Is it not left to the employers and professional body?

You understand what some means when they say abomination right?

Anyway, I'm not going to bother responding after this until you grow up and stop throwing naziism and fascism around as if this is in any way comparable.

Latest

Trending

Trending