The Student Room Group

Do they look at gcse?

Does mechanical engineering in the higher ranks look at our gcse grades?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Mugestu01

btw obvs not talking about oxbridge or top 5 unis but unis slightly lower than that

Most will probably just look at your Maths & English Language GCSE grades, and then focus more on your A-Levels.
Original post by Blue_Cow
Most will probably just look at your Maths & English Language GCSE grades, and then focus more on your A-Levels.

I got a 7(A) in maths and 5(C) in english language
I got a 7(A) in maths and 5(C) in english language

They're fine.
Reply 5

btw obvs not talking about oxbridge or top 5 unis but unis slightly lower than that

Requirements can vary by university - simply check their website to see if you meet their stated minimum GCSE requirements.

Hey Mugestu,

I'm currently a Robotic Engineering student here at UCLan, and can definitely say our engineering courses require a minimum of 5 GCSEs at grade C and above, with Maths and English at grade C too.

On the positive side you can resit your Maths and English at most colleges if you get below a C.

Josh
Original post by UCLan Ambassador
Hey Mugestu,

I'm currently a Robotic Engineering student here at UCLan, and can definitely say our engineering courses require a minimum of 5 GCSEs at grade C and above, with Maths and English at grade C too.

On the positive side you can resit your Maths and English at most colleges if you get below a C.

Josh

yh I got 3 As 3Cs rest Bs
Hi Mugestu,
Are you still considering Robotic Engineering? If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask.
UCLan have an Open day this Sunday 7th October from 10am-2pm, which, you can book on. If you can't make it to this one you can book onto the next one which is on Saturday 17th November 10am-2pm. It would be nice to attend as you are able to see the facilites UCLan provide and you can speak to tutors on the course if you have any questions.

Hope this helps

Thank you
Sal
Reply 9
Original post by UCLan Ambassador
Hi Mugestu,
Are you still considering Robotic Engineering? If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask.
UCLan have an Open day this Sunday 7th October from 10am-2pm, which, you can book on. If you can't make it to this one you can book onto the next one which is on Saturday 17th November 10am-2pm. It would be nice to attend as you are able to see the facilites UCLan provide and you can speak to tutors on the course if you have any questions.

Hope this helps

Thank you
Sal

They would almost certainly have been applying last cycle. And they haven't been online since April.

Quick Reply

Latest