The Student Room Group

My Journey to (Hopefully!!) A*AA At A Level

I've seen a lot of people doing these sort of study blogs so I thought I'd join in!

I've been in sixth form since September and I am taking English Lit, Psychology and Sociology all on AQA. I have an ALPS target grade of a B (2 A*, 6A and 2C at GCSE) but as I am hoping to apply to Cambridge (and just want the grades anyway) I want at least A*AA with a viee to getting A*A*A.

Today was the second day of my second half term and therefore my second day studying sociology as I changed to it from English Language just before half term. I spent the half term catching up, but it only took about 4-5 hours in total to work through all the booklets I was given so it wasn't too hard.

My lessons today were double sociology where we watched a documentary about kids living in poverty and we went over some of the half term homework on how social class affects education.

I also had psychology where we are doing research methods. Because I used a lot of half term for psychology revision I used my two frees to write revision notes on functionalism in sociology for my mocks in January.

Tomorrow I have a half day because I have enrichment in the afternoon. I don't have any homework so I'm taking the night off to watch a film.
Original post by ollie221011
I've seen a lot of people doing these sort of study blogs so I thought I'd join in!

I've been in sixth form since September and I am taking English Lit, Psychology and Sociology all on AQA. I have an ALPS target grade of a B (2 A*, 6A and 2C at GCSE) but as I am hoping to apply to Cambridge (and just want the grades anyway) I want at least A*AA with a viee to getting A*A*A.

Today was the second day of my second half term and therefore my second day studying sociology as I changed to it from English Language just before half term. I spent the half term catching up, but it only took about 4-5 hours in total to work through all the booklets I was given so it wasn't too hard.

My lessons today were double sociology where we watched a documentary about kids living in poverty and we went over some of the half term homework on how social class affects education.

I also had psychology where we are doing research methods. Because I used a lot of half term for psychology revision I used my two frees to write revision notes on functionalism in sociology for my mocks in January.

Tomorrow I have a half day because I have enrichment in the afternoon. I don't have any homework so I'm taking the night off to watch a film.

Good look to you bro!
Reply 2
This morning I had double English Literature, where we read Act 2 Scene 1&2 of Twelfth Night and then did a timed response for it. I get it back on Friday morning when I'm meeting my teacher to go over it.

Then I had Sociology where we carried on from yesterday's lesson and talked about how cultural deprivation can cause underachievement in education which was really interesting! I'm so glad I changed to sociology.

I've had two hours of enrichment time this afternoon which I've used for creative writing which I'll hopefully be able to use for my EPQ if I decide to do it, but I want to self publish at some point anyway so it's important to build my skills, even if I am now feeling like I should have been doing something more productive.

Tonight I have an extracurricular activity and then I'm going to do some annotations on my copy of Twelfth Night since I left mine at home today.

Quick Reply

Latest