The Student Room Group

Which university is the 'snobbiest' out of...

Oxford, Cambridge or Durham?
what's snobbiest supposed to mean
Original post by Anonymous
Oxford, Cambridge or Durham?

How does one measure snobbiness? Using a snob-o-meter?
Whichever you don't get into.
Reply 4
Looking to apply to a uni based on snobbiness?
a snob is a dialect word for cobbler or shoemaker....

Oxford has a shoe named after it, so perhaps it has more snobs than the others :dontknow:
Reply 6
I sort of meant which of these has students with a reputation for being the most rah/snobby/arrogant.

I couldn't add a poll so please just vote by naming which one you think fits this bill.
Reply 7
Original post by UWS
Looking to apply to a uni based on snobbiness?

No. To avoid.
Reply 8
I sort of meant which of these has students with a reputation for being the most rah/snobby/arrogant.

I couldn't add a poll so please just vote by naming which one you think fits this bill.

Why anon? Or are you snobbish about universities...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by TheNlee
what's snobbiest supposed to mean

Snob: a person with an exaggerated respect for high social position or wealth who seeks to associate with social superiors and looks down on those regarded as socially inferior.

Snobbiest (my definition) : Essentially the institution with most of the above type of people as students.
Snob: a person with an exaggerated respect for high social position or wealth who seeks to associate with social superiors and looks down on those regarded as socially inferior.

Snobbiest (my definition) : Essentially the institution with most of the above type of people as students.

then the question should be which university has the most snobbiest students. Stop trying to slate a university for being snobby and ruining its name when it's the people
Reply 11
No. To avoid.

Based on snobby people? You sure have your priorities sorted out.

Quick Reply