The Student Room Group

How did y'all find the senior maths challenge?

(please don't spoil answers yet)

I found it quite relaxed actually Q1-20 were actually alright and not strenuous

Mod note: Specifics of questions are not permitted to be discussed until the solutions are released tomorrow. Any posts either asking for answers, or providing them will be removed
(edited 6 years ago)
the back page was just undoable
It went well, I answered 24 questions, only Claire and her sweets confused me.
Original post by ralph9694
It went well, I answered 24 questions, only Claire and her sweets confused me.

i liked that one, it worked well in the end
Reply 4
I thought it was okay, looked at the paper later and I thought "what the hell was I thinking earlier"
When are results and solutions released
Original post by Appleorpear
When are results and solutions released

tomorrow online, check:
http://www.ukmt-resources.org.uk/SMC17.html
I was forced to do it, I was meant to be revising the Russian Civil war and also Stalin's rise to power but instead my maths teacher said "come on just dooooooooo itttttttttt" so I did it and answered about 6 questions; the others were impossible for me. I'd just finished revising the great terror so when I read the question about who was guilty, I just wanted to say that they were all guilty and give them a show trial and have them executed, mainly because I was quite annoyed at having to do the maths challenge.
I would rate it 4/10, too many shapes, not enough Communism.
Reply 8
Pretty easy actually, very similar to the past few years.
A lot of simultaneous equations and knowledge of exterior/interior angles of shapes.
The back page had 2 or 3 really easy questions which were simple algebra, like the one with 4^x.

As always it was fun to complete and I'm pretty confident I did fairly well :biggrin:
do you think 85 (year 10) will be good enough for SKANG or gold

Quick Reply

Latest