The Student Room Group

abi's journey (more like attempt) to A*AA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by abiantoinette
i wanna go really far from home, my mother is just not so keen because of the surgery and stuff hahaha

my firm is a toss up between Leeds and Nottingham, Insurance is Liverpool just because its the lowest of the 5

Mine is pretty much done and dusted just need to talk to a few teachers and book my reference reading then it should be off. oh my god how EXCITING are you excited or nervous or..?

aw its a shame cardiff isnt up there for you! would of been nice to know someone who is planning on going there before even turning up!

im excited for uni just nervous for exams. i didnt revise at all at gcse so i dont actually know how to revise wordy subjects (like chemistry) but im pretty good at maths and theres no words so thats not too bad. im just worried chem is gonna bring my results down bc so far ive tried all sorts of revision tactics and the highest I've ever got in a test is a C! (and it was just scrapping it !!)

so yeah thats my head atm lol, are you nervous as well?
I also went to visit nottingham but you need A*A in maths and further maths respectively and i doubt i will get A in f maths so didnt bother applying, which is a shame bc the campus was so nice
Original post by _RobbieL_
aw its a shame cardiff isnt up there for you! would of been nice to know someone who is planning on going there before even turning up!

im excited for uni just nervous for exams. i didnt revise at all at gcse so i dont actually know how to revise wordy subjects (like chemistry) but im pretty good at maths and theres no words so thats not too bad. im just worried chem is gonna bring my results down bc so far ive tried all sorts of revision tactics and the highest I've ever got in a test is a C! (and it was just scrapping it !!)

so yeah thats my head atm lol, are you nervous as well?

i'm nervous because i have never been proud of my results before even though i'm known for working hard the majority of the time my work never shows and it honestly physically hurts me every time. but this year i am literally doing everything i physically can and i'm nervous that I still won't make it
i'm nervous because i have never been proud of my results before even though i'm known for working hard the majority of the time my work never shows and it honestly physically hurts me every time. but this year i am literally doing everything i physically can and i'm nervous that I still won't make it

yeah if its any consolation my older brother got A*A*A and has recently graduated with a first in physics at Manchester, so theres a lot of pressure from the fam to do well and ive always sort of lived in his shadow. thats been the same in gcses, ASs and will be the same at A-level. no matter how hard I try i will never be able to match him, but im slowly coming to terms with that. even still i dont think AAA equivalent is 'bad' at all so im not all down in the dumps. im sure youll do well
yeah if its any consolation my older brother got A*A*A and has recently graduated with a first in physics at Manchester, so theres a lot of pressure from the fam to do well and ive always sort of lived in his shadow. thats been the same in gcses, ASs and will be the same at A-level. no matter how hard I try i will never be able to match him, but im slowly coming to terms with that. even still i dont think AAA equivalent is 'bad' at all so im not all down in the dumps. im sure youll do well

oh my gosh SAME my sister got full marks in her a levels, her papers were used across the country why must the first borns do this to us i used to be focused on doing better than her ( i never did) so now i'm living with my own standards for once
oh my gosh SAME my sister got full marks in her a levels, her papers were used across the country why must the first borns do this to us i used to be focused on doing better than her ( i never did) so now i'm living with my own standards for once

seems like we have a lot in common!!
seems like we have a lot in common!!

we sure do, it's nice to be able to relate to someone
I cried just a teeny tiny bit today. I think I made my expectations overwhelm me because I have a maths test coming up and i love the bloody subject so damn much that I for once want to feel like I have done well. It's tomorrow last period. i'll tell you guys how it goes.

Good night,
Abi xx
Good luck :smile:
Original post by _robbiel_
good luck :smile:

boy oh boy did i need it
Update: that was a bad, bad test.
boy oh boy did i need it

What happened in the end??
What happened in the end??

There were six questions but they were all broken down into like seven parts, i didn't have enough time to finish at all. i don't want my teachers to think i'm not capable of my grade, sigh
There were six questions but they were all broken down into like seven parts, i didn't have enough time to finish at all. i don't want my teachers to think i'm not capable of my grade, sigh

What modules are you taking this year?? I’d be more than happy to help if I can
Sorry to hear about all the problems you've faced so far :frown: best of luck this year!!
What modules are you taking this year?? I’d be more than happy to help if I can

Really? i'm doing C3, C4 and Mechanics for OCR
Really? i'm doing C3, C4 and Mechanics for OCR

I did M1 last year and got an A and then I’ve basically finished C3 and C4 because I have to do Further Maths modules as well! So yeah, I can help you if you want
I did M1 last year and got an A and then I’ve basically finished C3 and C4 because I have to do Further Maths modules as well! So yeah, I can help you if you want

woah DUDE. are you about to be my life saver
woah DUDE. are you about to be my life saver

Hahaha if you want me to be I can try lol. What topics do you need help with in particular?
Never knew you could do maths at uni without further maths

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending