The Student Room Group

Harris Westminster sixth form

I applied to go here but is it a good sixth form? I know school hours are long and you attend on Saturday. Is it worth it? and how much time is left for studying. Also is it absolutely compulsory to do 4 a levels?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Reply 2
Original post by x.beheshta
I applied to go here but is it a good sixth form? I know school hours are long and you attend on Saturday. Is it worth it? and how much time is left for studying. Also is it absolutely compulsory to do 4 a levels?

I'm a year 12 student and...
1)yes school days are long and tiring but honestly the teaching is very good and you have a very long break and lunch to rest (half an hour and 1 hour and a half respectively)
2)saturday schools are literally nothing you get used to them by like the 3rd week
3)as i previously mentioned you have very long breaks and lunches to rest but ALSO you are more than free to study and do work during this time which is very useful plus have free periods and time before and after school
4) yes you have to do 4 a-levels :smile:
Reply 3
I wouldn't recommend starting here at all. coming to this school was possibly the worst decision of my life.
The teachers in general are very bad, the school assumes there is only one way to learn and forces it upon students. They value things such as sports far more than the exams, actual lessons, university interviews etc.
If you really do want to succeed without being tempted to rip out your hair, i would suggest going some place else.
Hey! I'm a current Year 12 student at HWSF and I absolutely love it here. Sure, you need to work hard, but if you do, you'll definitely reap the benefits. The teaching is really good, as are the opportunities available, and since September I've learnt so much about the world, history, different cultures, ideas and more. The people here, in general, are intelligent and kind, and it's easy to make friends. I would say Saturday school is 'worth it', and I think doing roughly 2 and a half hours of work per day is sufficient to do well in Year 12. If you have any other questions, feel free to send me a private message!
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest