The Student Room Group

Why should i even bother getting married as a man?

Scroll to see replies

I' m a woman and I think it is very unlikely that I will get married or be in any type of long term relationship it's just not in my character, but I do want to have children, maybe not my own, but definitely adopt, just maybe later in life, when everything is going as expected and it is a good time. Ever thought about adopting an older child?
I have personally never understood the point of marriage. It is a social construct which falsifies unity. Love and unity is proven by the lack of a need for marriage. You are with that person for who they are, not for any material incentives they may provide. Marriage does not prove commitment, it forces it.
Reply 22
You don't have to, who said you did?
Original post by will'o'wisp2
i feel like i remember you helping me with a level chemistry at some point then again no for a sex change and no for the married as a woman

That was the 27th time you have quoted me, only one person has quoted me more.
Original post by MozartEd
I' m a woman and I think it is very unlikely that I will get married or be in any type of long term relationship it's just not in my character, but I do want to have children, maybe not my own, but definitely adopt, just maybe later in life, when everything is going as expected and it is a good time. Ever thought about adopting an older child?

Nope.
Original post by GovernmentEarner
I have personally never understood the point of marriage. It is a social construct which falsifies unity. Love and unity is proven by the lack of a need for marriage. You are with that person for who they are, not for any material incentives they may provide. Marriage does not prove commitment, it forces it.

Interesting take.
Original post by Yaboi
You don't have to, who said you did?

mah parents they say you will have kids you will change your mind etc, you will want a family of your own
Original post by Pigster
That was the 27th time you have quoted me, only one person has quoted me more.

lol xD
I mean marriage doesn't always equal babies. And who says you have to get married and have kids anyway. Don't if you don't want to.
Original post by umbrellala
I mean marriage doesn't always equal babies. And who says you have to get married and have kids anyway. Don't if you don't want to.

do you want to get married and/or have babies?
dont bother
you don't need to get married if you don't want to.
do you want to get married and/or have babies?

not particularly. i'd rather focus on having a successful career and doing my own thing. that might be selfish but to be honest i don't really care. then again, i'm not completely against it if it ends up happening. i've just never been one of those people who imagines themselves with a husband and kids by the time they're 35, what can i say.
not particularly. i'd rather focus on having a successful career and doing my own thing. that might be selfish but to be honest i don't really care. then again, i'm not completely against it if it ends up happening. i've just never been one of those people who imagines themselves with a husband and kids by the time they're 35, what can i say.

Original post by faloodeh
dont bother

why not tho?

Original post by entertainmyfaith
you don't need to get married if you don't want to.

true true...
Reply 32
i don't think there is any benefit to get married if your a guy...just seems like a big risk if anything since you might end up getting divorced and lose half your stuff. You don't need marriage to start a family or prove to someone that you love them. >_<
Original post by Froppy
i don't think there is any benefit to get married if your a guy...just seems like a big risk if anything since you might end up getting divorced and lose half your stuff. You don't need marriage to start a family or prove to someone that you love them. >_<

lose half your stuff? how tho
why not tho?
true true...

did you mean to quote me with no comment or...
did you mean to quote me with no comment or...

oh, i forgot, so i guess you're a go with the flow kinda person then?
oh, i forgot, so i guess you're a go with the flow kinda person then?

yeah i guess so. i'm pretty laid back in general, but when it comes to things that i don't place much importance in, i honestly don't give it much thought. marriage was never something i cared about - i never imagined my wedding dress or who my bridesmaids would be like so many girls supposedly do. i did used to think i wanted a big family when i was little, but my priorities are so different now, and i don't really see it as 'fulfilling my role' as a female to have kids if that makes sense. i just do what i want to do and see where that takes me.
You shouldn't you'll be dead in a few years and a distant memory.
Original post by JamesManc
You shouldn't you'll be dead in a few years and a distant memory.

oooooooooooookay :smile:
The advantages are that you avoid the hair and the make-up and having to buy the frock,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending