The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Economics 2018 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Guys I'm scared. I am applying for Econ and about 2 weeks ago I uploaded the document for my maths grade on UCL portal. I checked today and it has a warning sign saying I need to upload a requested document and I can't find my uploaded document anywhere??!!!
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by nimdog
Hey, I got an A*AA offer for Economics at UCL today
I've applied for Cambridge, LSE, UCL, Warwick and Bristol
I'm predicted A*A*A*A*A(A*) in maths, economics, physics, persian, further maths and (EPQ) respectively

Congrats! I uploaded my maths modules grades document on portico couple of weeks ago and when I checked today, there is still a yellow warning sign saying I have to upload requested documents and I can't see the document I uploaded 2 weeks ago????
Reply 22
Original post by Chickylicky
Congrats! I uploaded my maths modules grades document on portico couple of weeks ago and when I checked today, there is still a yellow warning sign saying I have to upload requested documents and I can't see the document I uploaded 2 weeks ago????

Thank you! I guess the best thing to do is to upload it again and then maybe try calling or emailing their admissions office tomorrow explaining to them what happened just to double check that they’ve got it.
Hey guys congratulations on your offers already!! I'm also applying to Cambridge, LSE, UCL, Warwick and Durham:

GCSEs: 10A*s 1A +FSMQ A
AS: 3As (Maths, FM, Econ)
A levels: 5A*s predicted (maths, fm, econ, physics, EPQ)

Applied on the 13th tho so still waiting for any news :frown:
Original post by gozzabomb
Hey guys congratulations on your offers already!! I'm also applying to Cambridge, LSE, UCL, Warwick and Durham:

GCSEs: 10A*s 1A +FSMQ A
AS: 3As (Maths, FM, Econ)
A levels: 5A*s predicted (maths, fm, econ, physics, EPQ)

Applied on the 13th tho so still waiting for any news :frown:

Have you heard back from anywhere else?
Original post by CIEBioloysifh
Have you heard back from anywhere else?

no i haven't, have you?
Original post by gozzabomb
no i haven't, have you?

Nah, the wait is killing me
Original post by Chickylicky
Guys I'm scared. I am applying for Econ and about 2 weeks ago I uploaded the document for my maths grade on UCL portal. I checked today and it has a warning sign saying I need to upload a requested document and I can't find my uploaded document anywhere??!!!

I have the same problem as well. Have you sorted it out?
Original post by itreblebass
I have the same problem as well. Have you sorted it out?

Yes fortunately. I go an automated email reply saying that they received the uploaded document. How about you?
I'm planning on applying, but I have really bad GCSEs. I do maths, economics, business and as further maths and finance. My predicted grades are A*AAab but I'm worried I'll get rejected immediately due to my GCSEs 😭.
Still no offer... Applied on 5th October :frown:
Reply 31
Is anyone applying/got offer with maths further maths and economics as a combo?
I got an offer on the 25th of October, applied on the 12th (also to Oxford E&M, Warwick, Bath, Nottingham (AAA offer))

A*AA, A* in maths, A in economics. Predicted grades were A*A*A, further maths, maths, economics respectively. 9A* 3As at GCSE.

Does anyone have any idea about how the offer holder open day works? I have heard nothing.
Reply 33
Hii! Congrats on your offer! If you dont mind, after how many days of after uploading yout math grades on the portal did you get this offer?

Original post by nimdog
Hey, I got an A*AA offer for Economics at UCL today
I've applied for Cambridge, LSE, UCL, Warwick and Bristol
I'm predicted A*A*A*A*A(A*) in maths, economics, physics, persian, further maths and (EPQ) respectively
Original post by meghantheman
Hii! Congrats on your offer! If you dont mind, after how many days of after uploading yout math grades on the portal did you get this offer?

hey
what unis are you applying to for econ and what are your predicted grades and gcses may i ask
Original post by Pikedrohhtas
Congrats on the offer - again just wanted to ask if you attend a comprehensive, grammar or private school? Also have you received a Bath offer for Econ or know of anyone who has? Thanks.

Hi, Yeah I got a bath offer about 2 days after the UCL one so late October. I went to a grammar year 7 to 11 but it turns into a comprehensive sixth form. Good luck with everything!
Reply 36
Hey guys applied on the 12th October, got an offer earlier today

Unis applied to: Cambridge, LSE, Warwick, UCL (A*AA offer), Nottingham (AAA offer)
GCSEs: 5A* 2A 1B 1C
AS: AA (Maths, FM)
Predicted grades: A*A*A* (Maths, FM, Econ)

Luckily my UMS scores at AS were able to compensate for my sub standard GCSE grades
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 37
Original post by 15376
Hey guys applied on the 12th October, got an offer earlier today

Unis applied to: Cambridge, LSE, Warwick, UCL (A*AA offer), Nottingham (AAA offer)
GCSEs: 5A* 2A 1B 1C
AS: AA (Maths, FM)
Predicted grades: A*A*A* (Maths, FM, Econ)

Luckily my UMS scores at AS were able to compensate for my sub standard GCSE grades

Congratulation!!
May I ask what's your average UMS for AS Maths and Further Mathes? I have 94% average for maths but only AAC in my Further Maths? Do you think it looks OK? (C is in decision Maths) thanks!
Reply 38
Original post by nclzhans1
Congratulation!!
May I ask what's your average UMS for AS Maths and Further Mathes? I have 94% average for maths but only AAC in my Further Maths? Do you think it looks OK? (C is in decision Maths) thanks!

Thanks! So I averaged 98.5% across my six modules broken down like this:

C1:98
C2:100
FP1:97
M1:98
S1:98
D1:100

And yeah I definitely don't think one weaker module will be a problem, especially with your 3 A*s prediction
Just got an offer for L100🔥

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending