The Student Room Group

EmilySarah00’s 2017/18 struggle to University (A*AA)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EmilySarah00
06/11/17 Update - :yawn: (need I say anymore) :

I can hardly believe It's already Monday again, the weekends just fly by far too quickly. Today I only had two lessons however, any more and I probably would have fallen asleep in college! :laugh:

After a late night and a lie in (as always :teehee:) I went in to college for 11:15AM and had to get a lift because the busses are on strike, yet again (with four more strikes to go, what a nightmare!) My first lesson was Further Maths with my favourite of my two teachers, we did our second lesson on Decision 2, practising 'The Hungarian Algorithm.' I find decision maths really relaxing so I of course enjoyed this.

My second and final lesson of the day was Computer Science. Our cover teacher, who we have now had for six weeks, is definitely past caring about what we do at this point so it's very easy to do absolutely nothing in lessons. But with a deadline on Thursday I thought I best get something done. I only managed half a complicated flow chart though, partially because I couldn't get my head around it and partially because I was really distracted. :facepalm:

I came home with intent to do much more work than I actually did. Instead of setting off with work straight away I started Stranger Things 2 on Netflix. This was a really bad move come to think of it but I managed to stop myself after two episodes, however much I wanted to watch more. Then I decided I'd better actually get some work done considering our Computer Science teacher sprung a test date on us today, and the test is tomorrow!

So I began by finalising my revision notes, which I am making in poster form this year, for the Networks topic that the test is on tomorrow. Took me well over an hour to finish off those before I then moved on to reading over them and trying to learn as much content as possible. I don't really think I'm going to do well in this test tomorrow as for the past few weeks my mind has been completely on the MAT exam, so I didn't even consider the fact that I'd be having mini mock tests in other subjects the week after :eek3:

I also stuck my two currently finished posters on my wall, I'm trying to work out how I will fit them all around my wall calendar once I've made more, but I'll cross that bridge when I get there! For now, enjoy a picture of the two posters I've completed (a third is 3/4 finished :dumbells:)

IMG_7626.jpg

That's all for now, here's to tomorrow being more productive!
- Emily :cute:

PS: Snapchat is down at the minute and it's super frustrating!

The Best Blog Followers :heart: :

Spoiler

Oh good I thought snapchat not working was just my phone. Hope it gets fixed soon 😫

Also, stranger things is sooo good I can’t believe you haven’t watched it yet! I watched it when I was supposed to be revising for my Cambridge entrance exam oops 😬 I commend you for the will power to wait until now!
Please tell me you know what a streak is?!
:nope:
Original post by astro-hannah
Oh good I thought snapchat not working was just my phone. Hope it gets fixed soon 😫

Also, stranger things is sooo good I can’t believe you haven’t watched it yet! I watched it when I was supposed to be revising for my Cambridge entrance exam oops 😬 I commend you for the will power to wait until now!

My snapchat has just returned, thank goodness!

I just haven't found the time to watch it until now, I've been trying so hard to avoid spoilers! :eek3:

Original post by 04MR17
:nope:

Omggg it's where you snapchat someone x amount of days in a row, and that's your streak number :laugh:
Omggg it's where you snapchat someone x amount of days in a row, and that's your streak number :laugh:

I wish I could watch it again with fresh eyes - you’re going to love it!
In my world streaking is running naked across an open space.:colondollar:
Whole thing in a day, what the heck?! It starts to get heavy for me after two episodes, I'd have a headache if I watched them all!
And aw thank you, that means a lot :cute:
You lucky thing! My snapchat has been down for well over an hour now :cry:

Don't think I've found anyone else in my year doing Computer Science! What exam board are you on? :h:
My teachers aren't the best either but I'm trying to keep working because I really want the grade.
Taking it seriously can't do you any harm though, I must say :laugh:

OCR as well lool

Yh Im more serious in maths at the moment but I really wanna get an A for computer science too so yh I think it's time for some changes
Original post by Aceofall
OCR as well lool

Yh Im more serious in maths at the moment but I really wanna get an A for computer science too so yh I think it's time for some changes

I wish you the best of luck :yep:
07/11/17 Update - Tragic Tuesday :woo::

When I say today was tragic, I refer to how little I actually did. So the day set off to a great start where I had double Maths. In the first hour, we did Mechanics 1 work on Forces, specifically Friction. The lesson was very fast paced as always (I'm always racing to keep up in mechanics) and we just did a mass of practice questions.

Then for the second hour of Maths we did Core 3 work on sketching various modulus graphs. I completely forgot that I missed the first lesson of sketching modulus graphs and when Miss asked me if I'd caught up I was honest and said no, to which she just laughed. Luckily having done Further Maths and a lot of graph sketching in my MAT prep I didn't find it too taxing. I also got a test back which I completely forgot I sat before half term. It was a test containing some past paper questions on the Chain Rule and I got 100%! So that was a nice surprise :laugh:

For the last 15 minutes or so of Maths I'd had enough of modulus graphs so I did the extension question I'd been given on the Chain Rule instead (3 Chain Rules within 1, ahhh!) Luckily I got it right though. I then had a break and a free in which I did absolutely nothing besides gossip with my friends.. oops? :colondollar:

This afternoon was very disrupted. I went to Computer Science thinking I had a test today to hear that the teacher "hadn't written the questions yet" and I therefore have to do it tomorrow instead. So I spent the hour lesson of Computer Science just doing some half baked revision as I hadn't brought my coursework resources with me. Then I went to sit in the doctors for an excessively long time since they were running late as always. :yawn:

After college I went to Costa with my friend and we spent way longer in there chatting than we'd planned to, so I didn't get home until gone 5PM. When I got home I proceeded to finish the Computer Science revision poster which I left half finished yesterday. Now I have a third completed poster to add to my wall collection (excuse the awful quality and lighting, my house is terrible for photos!)

IMG_7655.jpg

I wanted to do more work tonight but after procrastinating for at least an hour I realised it's not going to happen so I'm just writing this then calling it a day. I have a double free tomorrow morning in which I have to be in college so maybe I'll manage to actually get some work (hopefully coursework) done then.

On another note I can't stop listening to Christmas Music.... :claus:
- Emily x

I feel sorry for you guys with all these tags :giggle: :

Spoiler

(edited 6 years ago)
I've applied to Josephine butler too!! for chemistry :smile:)
Original post by AvogadrosAvocado
I've applied to Josephine butler too!! for chemistry :smile:)

Woohoo! :woo:
I'm really not enjoying the wait for decisions.

When I say today was tragic, I refer to how little I actually did. So the day set off to a great start where I had double Maths. In the first hour, we did Mechanics 1 work on Forces, specifically Friction. The lesson was very fast paced as always (I'm always racing to keep up in mechanics) and we just did a mass of practice questions.

For the last 15 minutes or so of Maths I'd had enough of modulus graphs so I did the extension question I'd been given on the Chain Rule instead (3 Chain Rules within 1, ahhh!) Luckily I got it right though. I then had a break and a free in which I did absolutely nothing besides gossip with my friends.. oops? :colondollar:

This afternoon was very disrupted. I went to Computer Science thinking I had a test today to hear that the teacher "hadn't written the questions yet" and I therefore have to do it tomorrow instead. So I spent the hour lesson of Computer Science just doing some half baked revision as I hadn't brought my coursework resources with me. Then I went to sit in the doctors for an excessively long time since they were running late as always. :yawn:

After college I went to Costa with my friend and we spent way longer in there chatting than we'd planned to, so I didn't get home until gone 5PM. When I got home I proceeded to finish the Computer Science revision poster which I left half finished yesterday. Now I have a third completed poster to add to my wall collection (excuse the awful quality and lighting, my house is terrible for photos!)

IMG_7655.jpg

I wanted to do more work tonight but after procrastinating for at least an hour I realised it's not going to happen so I'm just writing this then calling it a day. I have a double free tomorrow morning in which I have to be in college so maybe I'll manage to actually get some work (hopefully coursework) done then.

If today was tragic in that you've been very dramatic about everything, that I could agree with.:sly:

It's okay to slow down a little bit. Do not beat yourself up!

Also, don't feel sorry for my notifications. I get at least 8 when I come online after waking up.:colondollar: Usually more like 12.:redface: Not all of them are as positive as this one though.:h:
Good luck ! :smile:
Original post by 04MR17
If today was tragic in that you've been very dramatic about everything, that I could agree with.:sly:

It's okay to slow down a little bit. Do not beat yourself up!

Also, don't feel sorry for my notifications. I get at least 8 when I come online after waking up.:colondollar: Usually more like 12.:redface: Not all of them are as positive as this one though.:h:

Woooah someone's feeling savage today. The most tragic part of the day was probably my doctors appointment but I don't really need to discuss that here :laugh:

I couldn't think of a better alliteration so ended up settling for tragic, don't judge :teehee:
Original post by nisha.sri
Good luck ! :smile:

Thank you! :h:
Woooah someone's feeling savage today. The most tragic part of the day was probably my doctors appointment but I don't really need to discuss that here :laugh:

I couldn't think of a better alliteration so ended up settling for tragic, don't judge :teehee:
Ah so your use of adjective was simply artistic.:wink: Got it.:yy:

You can always post anonymously in Health or wherever if you ever want to talk openly about doctors stuff.

Keep going!! You can do it!!
:party:
Original post by 04MR17
In my world streaking is running naked across an open space.:colondollar:

You've never heard of Snapchat streaks?? :shock:

??? meme.png
Original post by 04MR17
Ah so your use of adjective was simply artistic.:wink: Got it.:yy:

You can always post anonymously in Health or wherever if you ever want to talk openly about doctors stuff.

Keep going!! You can do it!!

As I've said in the past, English was never my strong point :laugh:

And as I've actually got my act together and visited a doctor now there should be no need. :yep:

Thank You!!!

Then for the second hour of Maths we did Core 3 work on sketching various modulus graphs. I completely forgot that I missed the first lesson of sketching modulus graphs and when Miss asked me if I'd caught up I was honest and said no, to which she just laughed. Luckily having done Further Maths and a lot of graph sketching in my MAT prep I didn't find it too taxing. I also got a test back which I completely forgot I sat before half term. It was a test containing some past paper questions on the Chain Rule and I got 100%! So that was a nice surprise :laugh:

IMG_7655.jpg

- Emily x

Spoiler

You're doing well! Keep up the good work and make sure to relax :smile:
Original post by Cyberspace
You're doing well! Keep up the good work and make sure to relax :smile:

Thank you! :hugs:

IMG_7655.jpg

- Emily x

Spoiler

That poster honestly looks amazing! It's so pretty, I might try and do something similar for biology because I have a test on Thursday :s-smilie:. Good luck on your computer science test, I'm sure you'll do great!! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending