The Student Room Group

How quick did you pass?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by wolto
I guess I’ve got 10 more hours to go 👍🏾

Depends entirely on how quickly you pick it up, your instructor, and how much you forget between each lesson. Most of my friends took 30 hours so expect it might take longer but be focussed and try to get through it efficiently.
Even if you learn and are confident by the end of this year you won't be able to book a test slot this short notice, especially if you still have to book, take and pass your theory
Reply 22
Original post by elsy_grace
Even if you learn and are confident by the end of this year you won't be able to book a test slot this short notice, especially if you still have to book, take and pass your theory

Passed theory and getting a test date this year ain’t a problem could even get a test date tomorrow if I’m ready, it’s all about refreshing the page and take cancelled spots
Reply 23
For me - 1st test after 4 months, almost passed it (3 minors, hit a curb about 200 yards from being back at the test centre, unfortunately a major 😂😭)
Then passed the second one exactly a month after that so 5 months total. Got a cancellation for that as my test centre' wait time was >2 months.
I had roughly a lesson a week possibly less but after a couple of months I started driving my mum's car so I had quite a few hours before my tests.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 24
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
People say it's too quick, but what's the difference between doing 30-40 hours of lessons in a year and doing them in a few months? If anything, a week between each lesson is quite a bit of time, best to drive at least every other day and keep the ball rolling IMO. I feel a bit weird getting in the car if I haven't driven in a few days even now and I've been driving for 4 and a half years :lol:

How many lessons a week will you be doing, a couple of 2 hour lessons?

Yeah exactly constant learning keeps the brain active and you can easily remember last week’s lessons compared to taking 2-3 week gaps. I’m currently doing 2-4 hours a week and I feel like my instructor has a lot of free times at least for now so I will use it to my advantage
Then as long as you put in the hours and are confident with driving you could do it
Original post by wolto
How do you reckon it will take to pass a driving test? Obviously there’s the waiting.

But for a good learner with up to 4 hours of lessons a week, how many weeks or months can I be ready for the test?

Anytime before 2018 will be perfect?

Anyone passed quickly?

4 hrs of lessons per week? Well isn't someone lucky and loaded!

You'll pass in no time. Your only problem is getting a test slot booked.
Reply 27
Original post by Blue_Cow
4 hrs of lessons per week? Well isn't someone lucky and loaded!

You'll pass in no time. Your only problem is getting a test slot booked.

Not exactly loaded but got a Christmas job which will end after December which is why passing quickly is required of me
Reply 28
Original post by elsy_grace
Then as long as you put in the hours and are confident with driving you could do it

Have you passed? And how many lessons did you take?
Passed theory in June 2016, started practical lessons in August 2016, failed first test in January 2017, failed second test in March 2017, passed third test in April 2017! Did around 50hours of lessons in total (with no private practice if that wasn’t obvious)
Reply 30
ah, we're in the same boat although I've had 11 hours; I am guessing you're eager due to the changes occurring December 4th?
Reply 31
Original post by cherryred90s
Passed theory in June 2016, started practical lessons in August 2016, failed first test in January 2017, failed second test in March 2017, passed third test in April 2017! Did around 50hours of lessons in total (with no private practice if that wasn’t obvious)

Not a bad journey as long as you pass, I wouldn’t mind 50hours if I could afford it
Reply 32
Original post by kjbjfjf
ah, we're in the same boat although I've had 11 hours; I am guessing you're eager due to the changes occurring December 4th?

Could be that plus my money would be cut after December so anytime soon will be great, when do you plan to take your test?
Reply 33
for me it took from july to october
Reply 34
Original post by lani106
for me it took from july to october

Not too bad 4 months
I have heard of people doing those intensive driving courses where you have a full days worth of lessons then take your test the next day. They have reasonable pass rates but I would say it is a very unsafe way to learn. Personally having about two hours of lessons a week I took my test after about 4 months.
Reply 36
Original post by VMD100
I have heard of people doing those intensive driving courses where you have a full days worth of lessons then take your test the next day. They have reasonable pass rates but I would say it is a very unsafe way to learn. Personally having about two hours of lessons a week I took my test after about 4 months.

Yeah I don’t think I would even have enough time to fit an intensive course around my schedule
Reply 37
I was aiming for before the changes but instead was told that the new tests will be a lot easier so I'm really confused now
I've got 2 maneuvers yet to learns and then polishing things up otherwise I'm ready and yourself?
Original post by kjbjfjf
I was aiming for before the changes but instead was told that the new tests will be a lot easier so I'm really confused now
I've got 2 maneuvers yet to learns and then polishing things up otherwise I'm ready and yourself?

It's not A LOT easier. Just a few extra % of test-takers passed.

Either way, if your driving is good enough you'll pass either test.
Reply 39
based on the increased independent driving section, it is easier as you're just following a satnav rather than examiner's instructions.Hence giving you time to think...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending