The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Are my GCSE grades good enough for Medicine?

(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
it's a very good start! just make sure to keep a couple As next year 😋 good luck!
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Original post by fishy789
I'm currently a Year 12 student and in my GCSEs, I got 6A*s and 4As and an A in Additional Maths (an A is the highest you can get in additional maths).

A*s were in: Chemistry, Maths, Physics, RE, ICT and English Language
As were in: Biology, French, Business Studies and English Literature

Are these grades good enough for Medicine?
And you're interested in applying to Keele?:colondollar: Fantastic.:biggrin:
Forgive me, but I can't tell whether that is sarcasm or genuine lol 😂
You've posted this thread in the Keele University sub-forum.
Original post by 04MR17
You've posted this thread in the Keele University sub-forum.

I know I have, that's why I'm asking 😂 keele seems like one of those really good unis that a lot of people don't hear much about
I know I have, that's why I'm asking 😂 keele seems like one of those really good unis that a lot of people don't hear much about
mhm:yep:

Fabulous.:yy:

Any Keele-specific questions, just shout out because I may know the answers.:ninja:
Original post by 04MR17
mhm:yep:

Fabulous.:yy:

Any Keele-specific questions, just shout out because I may know the answers.:ninja:

Yes please. One question I have is, what do Keele consider to be he most important factors of an application when applying for medicine? Is it gcses, a levels, personal statement, work experience?
Yes please. One question I have is, what do Keele consider to be he most important factors of an application when applying for medicine? Is it gcses, a levels, personal statement, work experience?
For any university, A Level grades tend to trump everything else.:yep:

Personal Statement will also be fairly important.:yep:

I'd say your interview is something quite valuable to them as well.

I wouldn't worry too much about GCSEs, and try to make sure that you have the relevant work experience.:sadnod:

Quick Reply

Latest