The Student Room Group

A levels and losing weight

Should I wait until after a levels to lose weight or start now? I don't want it to impact on my grades.
It depends. You can do both without ruining grades but you will have to plan out your course of action and you will have a lot less free time. Can you sacrifice that free time easily, if so then go for it.
Reply 2
Original post by monkeyman0121
It depends. You can do both without ruining grades but you will have to plan out your course of action and you will have a lot less free time. Can you sacrifice that free time easily, if so then go for it.

I'm already exhausted from the work as it is
Original post by Allemagne
I'm already exhausted from the work as it is

What do you mean, from revising and stuff or do you have a part time job and no spare time at all.

If you mean revising then you are doing it wrong. Exhausting yourself from revising is not going to help or be as efficient as proper revising. I recommend reading up on revision techniques. I have some examples.

First, do past papers for your A-level subjects and then mark it. Find one question you did wrong or bad and learn that and do some questions on it. Repeat until you know near enough everything in that past paper. Do more past papers and repeat all.
Sadly, A-Levels make me put on weight (stress eating is a killer) so I can't be of much help :facepalm:
Calculate your tdee (loads of online free ones) eat 100 calories less than that number till you get to 500 so you gradually work your way down. Stay at that deficit for a week and weigh yourself, adjust accordingly. Some easy cuts are sugary drinks for water or sugar free alternatives, fruit for sweets, and eat plenty of complex carbs too so you feel energised the whole day.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending