The Student Room Group

Is 4 weeks enough time to revise for my year 11 mocks

Will 4 weeks be enough time to revise and do decently well In my year 11mocks as I only have 4weeks until my year 11mocks and I have been worrying and stressing about them. I have done a bit of revision but no where near enough.
plenty. as long as you use your time wisely an make a timetable so that you go through all the content within those weeks.
Yeah I literally revised the night before for all my mocks and got pretty close to my actual results. 2 weeks will be plenty imo
Reply 3
Thanks for the reply. The only problem I have is that a lot of my time is spent doing homework and coursework which takes up a lot of my time which I should be spending revising. I get a rediculous amount of coursework for art. What should I do
It all depends on how much you know so far. I revised last minute for only 3 of my 10 subjects and I got 7B's 2 A's and an A*. I could have done better if I revised but I thought these were reasonable.
Original post by Hj5673
Thanks for the reply. The only problem I have is that a lot of my time is spent doing homework and coursework which takes up a lot of my time which I should be spending revising. I get a rediculous amount of coursework for art. What should I do

Homework is revision so I wouldn't worry about that. If you think homework is not worthwhile revision maybe you can just rush it e.g. do it on the morning journey and put the rest of your time into something more worthwhile ?? Only if it's really useless, but I'm not sure why your teachers would give you it if it was.
Art should take priority as it is part of your actual gcse grade. I would try and set aside a few nights to get it done in bulk as you will be very focused then and will waste less time preparing your stuff/ thinking of ideas- it's different from your other subjects in which a little revision each day is better. It is so much better to get your actual physical coursework done asap in bulk before the deadline rather than have it looming over you with revision. On top of this, I found it useful to go to art at some lunchtimes to do little bits such as sticking in sheets or writing up analysis of artists, so I'd recommend this as it makes you feel like you've got something done.
Reply 6
Yes but you need to kick it up a bit now. Work out your priority subjects and yes include English and Maths (every employer wants those these days) - ie those you need for A Levels, University or career and make sure you work on those the most. The rest can tick over nicely.

Work out a study schedule, you're teachers should be helping this by giving you revision lessons or at least past paper. If not don't worry you can do these the week or so before the mocks.

Make up a book for each subject with mind maps, cheat sheets, important information to remember, and also flash cards. Carry these everywhere with you and revise in any spare time, from travelling on the bus, in the play ground between classes etc.

Work on your weak areas, and also ask your teacher where they can advise you to revise, they will have a good idea on your weak point.

Get into exam brain, so you need to exercise for reduce the stress, it's vital you eat nutritionally well with lots of green veg to help the brain (stay away from junk food if you can), and make sure you get a full 7 hours sleep if you don't already. You can revise before you sleep as it helps you retain information.

You need to balance it well, so you don't burn out, if you feel you are then take a break if you need it, just gradually increase the revision you do until the mock week when you should be up to speed. DO NOT cram the night before, just try to tick it over and then relax.

Go into the mock exam with confidence, and a smile on your face. Remember to breath evenly so you don't get effected by anxiety. Take a clear bottle of water with you into the exam and drink when you need to - dehydration will effect the memory recall.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Hj5673
Will 4 weeks be enough time to revise and do decently well In my year 11mocks as I only have 4weeks until my year 11mocks and I have been worrying and stressing about them. I have done a bit of revision but no where near enough.

I would recommend first evaluating your current level of knowledge. If you're reasonably confident, it should be quite easy to prepare in this time frame but if you know almost none of the content then I'm afraid it might be a challenging feat.
Original post by Hj5673

Coursework takes priority over mocks, definitely. A lot of the homework will help you with preparing for your mocks, I'd presume.

Quick Reply

Latest