The Student Room Group

Germany planning for the collapse of the European Union.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by nulli tertius
And in the 1930s the United States planned how to fight an invasion from the British Empire.

And they were right to, it is still working its way through the various Whitehall planning committees.
Original post by Snufkin
That's happening anyway, which is why Brexit is so frustrating. The UK is leaving just as the EU is starting to reassess its 'ever closer union' policy. Talk about bad timing.

It is great timing.

Trump is leading the EU to re-examine its dependence on the anglosphere, and we're going to see a proper, integrated European Army.

The last thing the EU needs is a traitor in its midst sucking up to America (or whoever waves the promise of investment under our nose).

By radical reforms, I don't mean slowing down on integration (which is neither radical nor a reform, simply keeping the status quo). I mean the EU will have to become even more integrated, and deal with the incoming biblical-scale waves of migrants in a unified manner - and that manner has to be harshly, not inviting them all in. Which means it can only happen after radical reforms, changing the EU's view of fundamental human rights, treaties, and philosophy, and definitely internal politics (e.g. remove vetos).
Original post by AngeryPenguin
It is great timing.

Trump is leading the EU to re-examine its dependence on the anglosphere, and we're going to see a proper, integrated European Army.

The last thing the EU needs is a traitor in its midst sucking up to America (or whoever waves the promise of investment under our nose).

By radical reforms, I don't mean slowing down on integration (which is neither radical nor a reform, simply keeping the status quo). I mean the EU will have to become even more integrated, and deal with the incoming biblical-scale waves of migrants in a unified manner - and that manner has to be harshly, not inviting them all in. Which means it can only happen after radical reforms, changing the EU's view of fundamental human rights, treaties, and philosophy, and definitely internal politics (e.g. remove vetos).

In order for the European army to work, Germany is going to have to massively increase it's defence budget.
Original post by SCIENCE :D
In order for the European army to work, Germany is going to have to massively increase it's defence budget.

Not going to happen. West Germans show nothing but contempt for their soldiers and military.

France will have to be the EU's military backbone.
Original post by AngeryPenguin
Not going to happen. West Germans show nothing but contempt for their soldiers and military.

France will have to be the EU's military backbone.

I think if Britiain would have remained in the EU then a European army may have been possible. However when you look at the defence budgets of the remaining European states I struggle to see how you can make a meaningful defence force, without Germany increasing it's defence budget to mirror it's economy.

Defense.png
Governments make lots of broad plans: it's good to be prepared. Especially with Putin trying his best to orchestrate the downfall of western democracy, or at least of the EU...

There are also a whole bunch of optimistic scenarios in the paper predicting peace and prosperity.
Original post by Snufkin
Half the Tory party (and several ministers) are hell-bent on forcing a no deal scenario. How can the government plan for the worst-case scenario if half of their MPs want it to happen?

Seriously? You tell your civil services to come up with action lists for that scenario. Doing nothing isn't an option. What were you thinking might happen?
LOOL I dont know what to say but yh AMERICA is great. It is the most cleverest country ever I have seen. Like first they destroyed the middle east and all the migrants came into Europe and now in future time they will be destroying Europe because most countries in the continent do not work for a Zionist movement but america does. Wait and watch how Europe would look like in future until they make a stand.
Original post by Apnazain
LOOL I dont know what to say but yh AMERICA is great. It is the most cleverest country ever I have seen. Like first they destroyed the middle east and all the migrants came into Europe and now in future time they will be destroying Europe because most countries in the continent do not work for a Zionist movement but america does. Wait and watch how Europe would look like in future until they make a stand.

What?
Original post by Chaz254
What?

I get this guys point of what he is trying to say but I think America would still back up European countries against Russia. People think America is using European countries but for what???

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending