The Student Room Group

Pre-Registration Applicants 2018/2019

Scroll to see replies

Original post by velvetsky
Exactly!
They recommend we preference around 30 places. I know a lot of people have struggled to even reach that number.

Yeah same, I struggled to get to 30 places at the start. I just have no idea how likely we are to get a place in our first 10 or 20 or even 30 preferences.

Original post by AboutThatLife93
I've got about 50 preferences now but still have about 150 in no preference to sort through

Has anyone submit theirs yet?

Yeah I submitted mine yesterday.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 21
If you're not too bothered about a place (whether you get it or not) is it better to put it in the preference of no preference list?
If you're not too bothered about a place (whether you get it or not) is it better to put it in the preference of no preference list?

probably in the no pref list
Reply 23
probably in the no pref list

*towards the of the preference list I meant. Preferencing takes forever and a day😭
Reply 24
Original post by Papillon95
Yeah I submitted mine yesterday.

Submitted this morning!
Reply 25
Has anyone had their interview/sat the numeracy/sjt test? what are the questions like?
Has everyone heard back ? what did you get?
Reply 27

Yeappp, not great news haha!!. Everything happens for a reason I guess
Reply 28

You?
Reply 29
Hi guys! I need some help/guidance because I'm slightly lost!
Is oriel like the be all/end all with regards to getting a pre reg place for summer 2018?
Because, the situation with me is that I failed an assessment in my fourth year, and after pacing ECs My uni has allowed me to resit that assessment without having to redo the year. So I'm not attending uni and back at home just waiting till May to do my assessment. Anyway! I've been completely out the loop with the intro of oriel for pre reg applications and only knew about it like a month ago. So I'm not sure what to do now?
I've been trying to look for community pre reg places and can't seem to find any?
Is there not a second cycle of applications that occur later on in the academic year for pre reg 2018/19?
Am I screwed? 😩
Yeappp, not great news haha!!. Everything happens for a reason I guess

Oh :frown: did you get a place but not where you wanted or no place?
It's just a year of training so don't let get to you too much! :smile:
You?

Yes, I got the hospital place I wanted :smile:
I got an email to say that I didn't meet the MMI threshold and was therefore deemed not appointable for an offer through oriel. :frown: :frown:

I didn't know there was threshold for the interviews, I knew there was one for the numeracy test. I didn't think I did that bad either in the interview.

Now I have no pre reg placement :frown:
Reply 33
Yes, I got the hospital place I wanted :smile:

Congratulations, great stuff :smile:
I got an offer but to a hospital I don't really want to go to, so I'm currently in for an upgrade. Fingers crossed I get pushed up my preferences, does anyone know what the chances of being upgraded are?
Original post by PakStar28
I got an email to say that I didn't meet the MMI threshold and was therefore deemed not appointable for an offer through oriel. :frown: :frown:

I didn't know there was threshold for the interviews, I knew there was one for the numeracy test. I didn't think I did that bad either in the interview.

Now I have no pre reg placement :frown:

I didn't know that was possible either..they definitely didn't state that. Tomorrow they're releasing results of the MMI/SJTs (I believe from an email I read). If you get that have a look at it and maybe send an email if you can be considered for clearing which opens 1st December.
Reply 36
Original post by hopeful_pharm
I got an offer but to a hospital I don't really want to go to, so I'm currently in for an upgrade. Fingers crossed I get pushed up my preferences, does anyone know what the chances of being upgraded are?

With hospital I don't think chances will be high, but chances are still there though! Don't lose hope. Somebody in my year rejected hers. Good luck:smile:
With hospital I don't think chances will be high, but chances are still there though! Don't lose hope. Somebody in my year rejected hers. Good luck:smile:

Yeah, I did think so, guess we'll see how it goes :smile: And thanks!
Reply 38
Nice :smile: what offers rank did you get?
I got my rank 34th!! Glad I put a bunch of hospitals to be on the safe side haha :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending