The Student Room Group

Edexcel 9-1 GCSE Maths Resits Nov 2017 [Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by lianne.b
I think circles will be on there and more algebra, i also have a feeling another sin and cos .

Do you think any specific topics? Circles & Algebra are hard to pin point what to study.
Original post by LeonVH
Do you think any specific topics? Circles & Algebra are hard to pin point what to study.

I have no idea, I'm just guessing buy how much we have previously done. We haven't covered area yet so i'm guessing that's a defo. I am just re capping on all and looking at past calculator 2 papers to see if that helps !
Reply 42
Original post by lianne.b
I have no idea, I'm just guessing buy how much we have previously done. We haven't covered area yet so i'm guessing that's a defo. I am just re capping on all and looking at past calculator 2 papers to see if that helps !

I'm about to do a Paper 3 spec to see how it goes. I feel Construction will be on there!
Original post by ComputerWhizzKid
Could you put together an unofficial markscheme? And can you remember what you got for that quadratic equation question

I dont mind putting together a mark scheme but ngl I cannot remember the quexions when on 4 hours sleep:/ I m good at remembering my answers tho.
Basically if yall can collate quexions and marks worth illl just add in the answer ^^.
Idk what quadratic ur on about.
Reply 44
Good luck everyone for tomorrow!
And you !
redicelous how it was changed to 3 papers.
For the Simultaneous equation which was the last question on Foundation did anyone get for x=4.8 and y=2.4?
yes i did i predicted that i got 100 percent on all the papers so the grade boundaries will be really high XD
Reply 49
How did you guys find it? I found it a bit tough, but manageable.
Original post by LeonVH

Don't think it was that bad in comparison to non calculator
Reply 51
Original post by itss_ana15
Don't think it was that bad in comparison to non calculator

I agree. Do you think the grade boundaries will stay the same as the GCSE ones?
Original post by LeonVH
I agree. Do you think the grade boundaries will stay the same as the GCSE ones?

I think the non calculator on its on will be but lower as loads of people complained about it, but overall have feeling that it may go high as both calculators were really good
Reply 53
Original post by itss_ana15
I think the non calculator on its on will be but lower as loads of people complained about it, but overall have feeling that it may go high as both calculators were really good

Hopefully!
Original post by LeonVH

I found it OK, there was a couple of tough questions but I thought compared to Thu non calculator. It was good.
I know I did poorly on non calculator, so hoping that my calculator score will bring it up so I get a C !! Roll on results day
Hi guys :smile: i think today's paper had some really thinking questions that involved multople steps and knowledge. I'm thinking, am i the only one that found the tangent, the interest after a year, one of them quadratics thT had to be written in the form of a2-7 +b or something similar, and felt like needed longer time for each question as generally :frown: when is results day please, nobody knew thT was on the exam. Thanks!
Original post by Szandihun
Hi guys :smile: i think today's paper had some really thinking questions that involved multople steps and knowledge. I'm thinking, am i the only one that found the tangent, the interest after a year, one of them quadratics thT had to be written in the form of a2-7 +b or something similar, and felt like needed longer time for each question as generally :frown: when is results day please, nobody knew thT was on the exam. Thanks!

I struggled with the area of the rectangle shape one !! That really confuse me,
Did anyone else think there was alot of words on the paper. Like they were over analysing the questions?
Reply 57
I found it really hard today so am worried now you all thought it was ok :frown: does anyone know when result day is?
hi yeah same i found this one the hardest out of all three, and results day is the 11 january. In the summer I got a 5 but for what I want to do at uni I need a 6 at gcse, aiming for a 7 but after today's paper i am so worried...praying for low grade boundaries
i can't be the only one who found todays hard....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending