The Student Room Group

Pre medical year for medicine

Hello,
I wanted to ask whether Kings College London has a pre medical/foundation year for medicine without the requirement of chemistry? because the website says you need chemistry but usually a foundation year is for those with no science background or those who did not take chemistry a level...please help!
The EMDP at King's is more designed to help those who come from a disadvantaged background and have because of that struggled to get the grades you usually need for medicine. Having done Chemistry at A level is a requirement unfortunately. The EMDP is not really a foundation year (so you're not taught extra content from what I understood as is done at unis with actual foundation years), they just try to make adjusting to uni easier by essentially expanding the content of the first year of the normal course into two years.
Reply 2
Original post by StationToStation
The EMDP at King's is more designed to help those who come from a disadvantaged background and have because of that struggled to get the grades you usually need for medicine. Having done Chemistry at A level is a requirement unfortunately. The EMDP is not really a foundation year (so you're not taught extra content from what I understood as is done at unis with actual foundation years), they just try to make adjusting to uni easier by essentially expanding the content of the first year of the normal course into two years.

Ah I understand :smile: I will check other universities thank you for your reply! much appreciated~
That's the EMDP you're talking about I think. The eligibility criteria has changed a lot and you do need Chemistry.

I'm sorry but I don't think you can do Medicine w/o Chemistry a level
Original post by ksarwar1
Ah I understand :smile: I will check other universities thank you for your reply! much appreciated~

No worries, good luck! You might find this helpful.
Original post by ksarwar1
Hello,
I wanted to ask whether Kings College London has a pre medical/foundation year for medicine without the requirement of chemistry? because the website says you need chemistry but usually a foundation year is for those with no science background or those who did not take chemistry a level...please help!

Not kings sorry :frown: im sure manchester do though
Reply 6
Oh but there are some eg. University of Manchester, just a lot of research is required:h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending