The Student Room Group

Who would UK mainlanders on here vote for if they were living in Northern Ireland??

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CastCuraga
I was speaking more with regards to the other person's context of "what if they had a point".

If there was evidence that rejoining Ireland would be better for NI, would you be more concerned with the UK's loss on NI than its own benefits for leaving?

Since i'm a Scottish born Englishman i would of course be more concerned with the impact on the UK but that's not to say that i'd knowingly harm NI to protect the wider UK.
It's not particularly helpful for those who don't live or come from NI to take a strong position on unionism/repulicanism.
Reply 42
Original post by Hatter_2
It's not particularly helpful for those who don't live or come from NI to take a strong position on unionism/repulicanism.

It is if you want to retain the countries of the UK, or prefer them to be independent (or associated with a different country).

e.g. the Conservative Party is actually called the Conservative and Unionist Party

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 43
Original post by Hatter_2

It's a bit unrealistic to expect people from Great Britain not to care, or even have a view, about another part of their own country.
Probably the Alliance Party... not that I'd ever live in NI. :dong: Northern Irish politics is just so incredibly depressing. Both sides are insufferable.

Why can't Northern Ireland (or the Republic too for that matter) be more like Finland? :frown:
DUP got NI an extra 500 mill for their budget so I'd end up going with those guys again
DUP-probably the nearest to the average Englander. Sinn Fein is the political whig of the IRA. I don't know or care much about Ireland, i find them as irrelevant as the Scottish.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending