The Student Room Group

transfer

Hi,

I'm currently a 2nd year student, and due to personal circumstances and unhappiness with the course that I am doing, I am looking in to transferring to a different university.

How will this affect my finance?
Original post by Jessielouisee22
Hi,

I'm currently a 2nd year student, and due to personal circumstances and unhappiness with the course that I am doing, I am looking in to transferring to a different university.

How will this affect my finance?

Hi jessielouise,

When would you be looking to transfer to a new university? and what would be the length of your new course and year you would be entering ?

Thanks

Louise
Original post by Louise E SFE
Hi jessielouise,

When would you be looking to transfer to a new university? and what would be the length of your new course and year you would be entering ?

Thanks

Louise

HI,

I presume that if i did transfer I would go in to second year for the next academic year 2018/19.
I'd be enterin 2nd year, and have 2 years to complete.

How would it work if I had to enter first year and complete the full 3 years again? starting from 2018/19.

thanks, jess.
Original post by Jessielouisee22
HI,

I presume that if i did transfer I would go in to second year for the next academic year 2018/19.
I'd be enterin 2nd year, and have 2 years to complete.

How would it work if I had to enter first year and complete the full 3 years again? starting from 2018/19.

thanks, jess.

Hi Jessielouisee22,

Thank you for answering those questions.

When we calculate the amount of support that you are entitled to, we allow you one additional year of support. That's in place incase you want to withdraw and start another course or repeat a year without mitigating circumstances.

If you have no other previous study, other than the first year of your current course, you can be confident that you will receive full support for the length of another course, if you start again from year one.

Thanks Rona

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending