The Student Room Group

October/November 2017 IAL C34 Mathematics thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by oshadha
Urm, i think I made a quadratic equation to find U or whatever the scalar parameter was and once i found U i subbed in to find possible C coordinates. Got some decimals/fractions so not too sure myself but i think the method is correct

I did nothing of that sort lol, guess those 5 marks are gone. I ended up getting C as (62, 34, -1) something.
Reply 21
Original post by oshadha
You can never be sure tbh. Do you think the boundary will be high? The highest I've seen it go is 115. The easier the paper the higher the boundaries But i dont think this is the easiest paper. What ya reckon? I think 108-110 maybe?

i think boundary would be about 107-110
Original post by chi3015
in the last part of the question 11 what did you guys get for t and dh/dt

9 if I recall correctly.
Reply 23
Original post by Fasih178
You weren't able to obtain an answer?

i got answers but with a wrong method so they are orobably wrong
Reply 24
what did you guys get for A in the vectors question
In solving when dy/dx=0, e^?? x sin^1/2 did u guys get sina= 1/2??
Reply 26
I did nothing of that sort lol, guess those 5 marks are gone. I ended up getting C as (62, 34, -1) something.

Ahah i could be wrong as well, i guess we wont know till someone posts a model answer or on results day i guess!
Original post by chi3015
what did you guys get for A in the vectors question

A was (2 0 7).
Original post by oshadha
Ahah i could be wrong as well, i guess we wont know till someone posts a model answer or on results day i guess!

I doubt there'll be any model answers for the Oct/Nov session papers, though I hope that's not the case. As for the results day, do you know when that is?
What do you think it was the answer of question 2 ? It was completely wierd numbers for me like the 4rth root of 9 one of the x coordinates of the turning points
Original post by Ahmed__Salah
What do you think it was the answer of question 2 ? It was completely wierd numbers for me like the 4rth root of 9 one of the x coordinates of the turning points

That's completely correct, 4 root of 9 is basically square root of 3.
Reply 31
That's completely correct, 4 root of 9 is basically square root of 3.

What was the question about? Is it the one where you had to use implicit differentiation and make an equation for x or y and find the turning points?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 32
Original post by Ahmed__Salah

yeah +/- that were the 2 x coordinates then we get y but that is right
Reply 33
I doubt there'll be any model answers for the Oct/Nov session papers, though I hope that's not the case. As for the results day, do you know when that is?

results day is about mid feb althought bilal ahmed will probably upload it by mid decembee
Reply 34
Original post by oshadha

do you have any clue what sort of answers you got for C?
Reply 36
Original post by chi3015
yeah +/- that were the 2 x coordinates then we get y but that is right

I cant remember my answers, but did you guys make an equation of y in terms of x or vice versa. And substiute it into the original equation to get the coordinates
Reply 37
Original post by oshadha
I cant remember my answers, but did you guys make an equation of y in terms of x or vice versa. And substiute it into the original equation to get the coordinates

yes that is what i did
Reply 38
Original post by chi3015
yes that is what i did

Phew thats good to hear. Lol all of these answer finding has me nervous af. Guess all we can do is wait for results, i dont remember my answers mostly. Just the methods
Reply 39
Btw when examiners mark, if the end answer is wrong but the simplification and method used is correct and its a careless mistake or error carried forward. Do they award even a fraction of the marks? based on the working?

Quick Reply

Latest