The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Why are people NOT homophobic??

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
You understand what some means when they say abomination right?

Please tell me what they mean.

Tell me what someone means when he points to a verse in his holy book that says homosexuality is an abomination.

I would enjoy seeing you struggle to explain how that means the person says homosexuals are not humans, as you lamely want to magically imply so as to justify fascist actions.:biggrin:

Anyway, I'm not going to bother responding after this until you grow up and stop throwing naziism and fascism around as if this is in any way comparable.

Oh, you have decided to run?

I am firing tough questions, ain't I?

You realise there is no way you can defend the nazism and fascism I am talking about, and I have highlighted with this case, without your arguments looking lame and ridicule-able?
Yeah, you're comparing the systematic slaughter of millions to being told to not be an arse and I'm the ridiculous one :laugh: :rolleyes:

When you want an adult conversation, stop comparing being a decent human with being a Nazi and give me a shout.
Reply 242
Even if you don’t agree with them, then why do you let that affect your life. You live your life and let others live theirs. Live and let live
Yeah, you're comparing the systematic slaughter of millions to being told to not be an arse and I'm the ridiculous one :laugh: :rolleyes:

When you want an adult conversation, stop comparing being a decent human with being a Nazi and give me a shout.

Cut the crap!

Killing of millions was an action of Nazis, not the definition of Nazism.

That is how you were attempting a lame explanation of claiming something is an abomination means the same thing as not being human.

If you can't stand the heat of my scrutiny, you can run.
Original post by RoyalBeams
One or two sundays every month. I tend to tell them to go away or not open the door, without any consequences.

On the other hand, I have LGBT agenda being shoved in every broadcasting medium I access for my news or entertainment on virtually every day of the year, 365, with the stance that any of the issues I refuse to support means I am "intolerant, have a phobia, uncivilised and medieval, a bigot, full of hate etc." and any vocalisation of my objections to the issue can lead to a media witch-hunt and/or an attempt to attack my economic means.

Please highlight to me now which of the 2 communities are "shoving their agenda down my throat", Jehovah witnesses or the LGBT community?

Who is forcing you to watch TV? Last time I checked watching TV was optional. After hundreds of years of people being set on fire and other equally horrible things its nice that religion has settled down.
You are missing a point with your comparison though. People choose religion and faith, that thing they are knocking on your door about, but people do not choose their sexuality. Its as much a part of them as their eye colour or the size of their kidneys.
Original post by Beckit
Who is forcing you to watch TV? Last time I checked watching TV was optional. After hundreds of years of people being set on fire and other equally horrible things its nice that religion has settled down.
You are missing a point with your comparison though. People choose religion and faith, that thing they are knocking on your door about, but people do not choose their sexuality. Its as much a part of them as their eye colour or the size of their kidneys.

What a total compilation of comprehensive and disjointed crap!

Your argument is going in several incoherent tangents it is beyond belief.

No one is forcing me to watch TV is proof that LGBT agenda is not being forced on me through the TV.

Then it is followed up with crimes committed in the name of religion as if that has any relevance to the debate going on on the thread.

Then finished with religion is a choice but homosexuality is not, leaving one wondering what that point is really arguing against.
What a total compilation of comprehensive and disjointed crap!

Your argument is going in several incoherent tangents it is beyond belief.

No one is forcing me to watch TV is proof that LGBT agenda is not being forced on me through the TV.

Then it is followed up with crimes committed in the name of religion as if that has any relevance to the debate going on on the thread.

Then finished with religion is a choice but homosexuality is not, leaving one wondering what that point is really arguing against.

You were the one mentioning religion by bringing up Jehovah's witnesses. There were several points made, my paragraphing is not great at 1 in the morning, sorry.
Original post by Beckit
You were the one mentioning religion by bringing up Jehovah's witnesses. There were several points made, my paragraphing is not great at 1 in the morning, sorry.

If you go back and read more carefully, you will find that I was not the one that brought up Jehovah's Witnesses.
Please tell me what they mean.

Tell me what someone means when he points to a verse in his holy book that says homosexuality is an abomination.

I would enjoy seeing you struggle to explain how that means the person says homosexuals are not humans, as you lamely want to magically imply so as to justify fascist actions.:biggrin:

Oh, you have decided to run?

I am firing tough questions, ain't I?

You realise there is no way you can defend the nazism and fascism I am talking about, and I have highlighted with this case, without your arguments looking lame and ridicule-able?

oh the irony.The poor christian is being discriminated against by the nasty homosexual nazis. Such ********.Do you realise what the nazis did to homosexuals? You should read up on it.Maybe you wouldn't look so ignorant.Christians have spent millenia claiming that homosexuality is a sin and persecuting gay people they cannot now claim that they are being discriminated against. Discrimination and homophobia still counts even if you dress it up behind religious dogma and mysticism. There is no separation between the sin and the sinner.Its who they are.Saying you don't agree with homosexuality makes just as much sense as saying you don't agree with black people.
lol, you must be in denial bruh
One or two sundays every month. I tend to tell them to go away or not open the door, without any consequences.

On the other hand, I have LGBT agenda being shoved in every broadcasting medium I access for my news or entertainment on virtually every day of the year, 365, with the stance that any of the issues I refuse to support means I am "intolerant, have a phobia, uncivilised and medieval, a bigot, full of hate etc." and any vocalisation of my objections to the issue can lead to a media witch-hunt and/or an attempt to attack my economic means.

Please highlight to me now which of the 2 communities are "shoving their agenda down my throat", Jehovah witnesses or the LGBT community?

You are aware that there is still an under representation of LGBT people on TV, right? So where you're complaining about it being forced down your throat, in actuality it's just somewhat near the number of LGBT+ people you'd come across in your day to day life.
Original post by shadowdweller
You are aware that there is still an under representation of LGBT people on TV, right? So where you're complaining about it being forced down your throat, in actuality it's just somewhat near the number of LGBT+ people you'd come across in your day to day life.

Really?

I am not aware.

I am aware that religious people are under-represented on TV.

I know there are more religious people in the UK than LGBT people, I come across them virtually every hour of my day to day life, yet I know LGBT people are 100 times more represented on TV than religious people.

LGBT people are even more represented on TV than Asian and Oriental people, who are more than LGBT people in the UK.
(edited 6 years ago)
Really?

I am not aware.

I am aware that religious people are under-represented on TV.

I know there are more religious people in the UK than LGBT people, I come across them virtually every hour of my day to day life, yet I know LGBT people are 100 times more represented on TV than religious people.

If you know this for a fact, you'll be able to find a resource supporting the figure of 100 times less than the LGBT representation, I presume?
If you know this for a fact, you'll be able to find a resource supporting the figure of 100 times less than the LGBT representation, I presume?

Are you trying to argue that LGBT people are not more represented on TV than religious people?
because im not scared of gay ppl
Are you trying to argue that LGBT people are not more represented on TV than religious people?

I'm asking for support for 100x figure that you've said you know to be true?
I'm asking for support for 100x figure that you've said you know to be true?

Oh, you are trying to see if you have some hope in the cheap shot, not intending to attack the meat of the argument?

The 100 times is anecdotal. I am sure there will be no media establishment to keep count that I would be able to link you to because I am sure if any did, they would be quickly labelled "homophobic" and somehow an attempt would be made for them to pay for it.

Not like if any would try anyway because they are mostly run by liberals and they would like such a fact and would not really want to highlight it to the gullible public.

So, now face the meat and tell me: Are you trying to argue that LGBT people are not more represented on TV than religious people?
Oh, you are trying to see if you have some hope in the cheap shot, not intending to attack the meat of the argument?

The 100 times is anecdotal. I am sure there will be no media establishment to keep count that I would be able to link you to because I am sure if any did, they would be quickly labelled "homophobic" and somehow an attempt would be made for them to pay for it.

Not like if any would try anyway because they are mostly run by liberals and they would like such a fact and would not really want to highlight it to the gullible public.

So, now face the meat and tell me: Are you trying to argue that LGBT people are not more represented on TV than religious people?

No, I'm asking for support of something you appeared to be trying to state as fact. I take it we can agree that's not the case?

It actually depends on what form of representation you're asking about - sheer numbers, or the number of shows each are represented in?
I think what's most confusing is why someone wouldn't support two PEOPLE in a relationship.

Ignore biological sex for a moment - biological sex doesn't define who a person is. Once you recognise that it goes to a person loving another person/a person engaging in sexual relations with another person. Literally NO difference between homosexual or heterosexual relationships.
No, I'm asking for support of something you appeared to be trying to state as fact. I take it we can agree that's not the case?

It actually depends on what form of representation you're asking about - sheer numbers, or the number of shows each are represented in?

When something is anecdotal it surely is not a fact, is it?

The form of representation that expresses and pushes religous people's image, consideration and issues on TV in a non-critical way.

So which do you think is more represented on TV? LGBT or religious people?

Latest

Trending

Trending