The Student Room Group

Modelling Agent fake or real?

Is this modelling website and phone number real or fake ( www.therunwaymodels.co.uk and 020 3813 0454)?. Thanks, in advance
Reply 1
Original post by Adithya Patnam
Is this modelling website and phone number real or fake ( www.therunwaymodels.co.uk and 020 3813 0454)?. Thanks, in advance

Click the register link and there is a tick box saying "I understand Runway Models is not an agency".
Also googling the number comes up with no links to them and the pics are everywhere including under other sites claiming to be photographers/ modelling agencies.
Original post by Kindred
Click the register link and there is a tick box saying "I understand Runway Models is not an agency".
Also googling the number comes up with no links to them and the pics are everywhere including under other sites claiming to be photographers/ modelling agencies.

Thankyou for helping me out. So do you believe that they are fake and that they are just scamming people, Thanks.
Reply 3
Thankyou for helping me out. So do you believe that they are fake and that they are just scamming people, Thanks.

I'd say so. And even if they were real they would have terrible control over their images given that "their" pics are everywhere so you wouldn't want to join with them anyway.
A quick google search tells you the company/ business are shady. "The Runway Models" is another version of http://www.londonfashionmodels.net. They are based at the same address and the websites are almost identical. A TSR user warned other people here about these "agencies": https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4722238.

Unless you are personally scouted by a reputable agency, such as Storm Models or Elite London, it's 99% a total scam. No real agency would ever ask you to pay anything. These fake agencies flatter girls with compliments and then ask for an extortinate fee to create a "portfolio". It's very common and many naive young girls fall for these horrible scams.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Kindred
I'd say so. And even if they were real they would have terrible control over their images given that "their" pics are everywhere so you wouldn't want to join with them anyway.

Thankyou for you advice, I really do appreciate your help. You have helped me make sur i dont join a dogdy modelling company.
Is it true that normally legitimate ones do not charge you a fee, unlike fake ones which do.
Reply 6
Thankyou for you advice, I really do appreciate your help. You have helped me make sur i dont join a dogdy modelling company.
Is it true that normally legitimate ones do not charge you a fee, unlike fake ones which do.

I have no idea. If you're looking for legit ones I suggest backwards searching images they claim are theirs, googling contact info and company name, looking for reviews etc. You could also check if legit agencies need to register with any sort of network. I believe all companies need to register on some database too so you could look into that.
If their website is the only trace of them you can find they are either fake or useless.
Original post by Kindred
I have no idea. If you're looking for legit ones I suggest backwards searching images they claim are theirs, googling contact info and company name, looking for reviews etc. You could also check if legit agencies need to register with any sort of network. I believe all companies need to register on some database too so you could look into that.
If their website is the only trace of them you can find they are either fake or useless.

Oh okay, Thankyou very much for your help. Appreciate it.

holy sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. thats the same one i applied to as well. i got shortlisted, paid the £50 deposit and booked a slot, however i pulled out because i was paranoid i was getting scammed so i cant tell you if they are legit or not soz boss.
it looks like in 2017 they were in marylebone, when i applied which were 2 days ago they were in oxford circus
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 9
All really helpful, thanks! My partner's 16-year-old daughter (who has set her heart on a modelling career) has been invited to register for a "photo shoot" and we have now cautioned her to pay nothing to anyone!
(edited 6 years ago)
Hy just payed £50 to ukmodels for a assessment foto shoot for my son 11 years old, so I have researched and got so many negative and positives comment I really don’t know wat to do so we will go and do foto shoot and they will advice and also foto star from £ 50 I have no clue any advice guys plzzzzz
Need help. I have payed £50 to Ukmodel
For a foto shoot for my son 11 years old they said money will be refoundable while u came to foto shoot and if I don’t they will charge another fee off photographer and makeup artist
I researched and find out so so many negative advice they said after we done foto shoot we will advice u if u capable to do modeling or not and they will make portfolio and ech foto cost £50 can anything be help me and give advice I don’t have any clue about this industry plzzzzzx
Is elite London modlling fake ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending