The Student Room Group

Mechanics 1?

How do I study for Mechanics 1? As it is part of my A2 Maths.
Reply 1
Original post by kundanad
How do I study for Mechanics 1? As it is part of my A2 Maths.

Can you explain your question more clearly?
Reply 2
Original post by Notnek
Can you explain your question more clearly?

I mean to say that what are the study tips and technique for studying Mechanics 1 which is a part of A2 Maths. I just gave AS maths with stats 1 so.
Reply 3
I mean to say that what are the study tips and technique for studying Mechanics 1 which is a part of A2 Maths. I just gave AS maths with stats 1 so.

Have you started learning it yet?
Reply 4
Original post by Notnek
Have you started learning it yet?

Yeah my course is going on currently in middle of M1 but I am struggling a bit.
Any effective study tips for M1?
Any effective study tips for M1?

What are you finding difficult?
Reply 6

A lot of people find Mechanics hard. Firstly you need to make sure you understand all of the concepts. If there's something you don't understand then make sure you don't ignore it and ask your teacher. I also recommend Examsolutions videos.

The only way you'll get good at M1 is to do as many questions as possible. If you aren't doing all the textbook questions then you're not doing enough questions.

If you ever need help with a topic or question and your teacher is not around then please post in the maths forum. Normally you'll recieve an answer very quickly, especially in the evening.
Reply 7
Original post by RogerOxon
What are you finding difficult?

On understanding questions and basic knowledge also.
Reply 8
Original post by Notnek
A lot of people find Mechanics hard. Firstly you need to make sure you understand all of the concepts. If there's something you don't understand then make sure you don't ignore it and ask your teacher. I also recommend Examsolutions videos.

The only way you'll get good at M1 is to do as many questions as possible. If you aren't doing all the textbook questions then you're not doing enough questions.

If you ever need help with a topic or question and your teacher is not around then please post in the maths forum. Normally you'll recieve an answer very quickly, especially in the evening.

Oh okay. Thank you so much.
On understanding questions and basic knowledge also.

If you could give an example of a question that you find hard, we could help walk you through it.
Draw VERY clear diagrams of what the question is about. Label every force on, every slope, every angle and every acceleration vector. If your diagrams are 10/10 you should never really have that big an issue with M1 as long as you know the concepts themselves.
do questions on the M2 textbook and check the solution bank for the working out if ur stuck, (or post question here). then try to do as many past papers as you can.
Reply 12
Original post by sarah99630
do questions on the M2 textbook and check the solution bank for the working out if ur stuck, (or post question here). then try to do as many past papers as you can.

Oh okay. Thank you. You know where I can get the solution bank maybe from some website?
Reply 13
Oh okay. Thank you.
Original post by _RobbieL_
Draw VERY clear diagrams of what the question is about. Label every force on, every slope, every angle and every acceleration vector. If your diagrams are 10/10 you should never really have that big an issue with M1 as long as you know the concepts themselves.
Oh okay. Thank you. You know where I can get the solution bank maybe from some website?

no problem. from physicsandmathstutor

Quick Reply