The Student Room Group

Which bank is the best for students?

What do i need to consider when making bank account like interest rates and stuff? idk much- I'm a gap year student going to uni 2018, and need to put my money in a new bank account, any suggestions??
Original post by Oxbridge_
What do i need to consider when making bank account like interest rates and stuff? idk much- I'm a gap year student going to uni 2018, and need to put my money in a new bank account, any suggestions??

Depends on what u need. For eg if ur gna commute everyday worth getting a santender student account as they give 1/3 off railway tickets.
Original post by Oxbridge_

I would suggest opening a bank account with santander. You get a free railcard for 3 or 4 years which gets you 1/3 off train tickets. This makes it useful for you if you want to travel home or travel to see your friends!
Reply 3
I heard barclays is really bad for students? is this true?
Reply 4
Original post by Kayleighm18
I would suggest opening a bank account with santander. You get a free railcard for 3 or 4 years which gets you 1/3 off train tickets. This makes it useful for you if you want to travel home or travel to see your friends!

Ah that sounds good tbh! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending