The Student Room Group

Edexcel 9-1 GCSE Maths Resits Nov 2017 [Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

how did u guys find paper 3 today
good luck to guys
Original post by Szandihun
Hi guys :smile: i think today's paper had some really thinking questions that involved multople steps and knowledge. I'm thinking, am i the only one that found the tangent, the interest after a year, one of them quadratics thT had to be written in the form of a2-7 +b or something similar, and felt like needed longer time for each question as generally :frown: when is results day please, nobody knew thT was on the exam. Thanks!

I agree! Because of the amount of strangely worded/long questions, we deffo needed more time! I found it so hard! :frown:
Original post by monkeybee123
I agree! Because of the amount of strangely worded/long questions, we deffo needed more time! I found it so hard! :frown:

They definitely worded it all every odd !
Original post by lianne.b
They definitely worded it all every odd !

hopefully if we all found this one hard, then the grade boundaries will be low! how were the other 2 for you?
Reply 65
I found it challenging. Can the grade boundaries change or are they the same as from August?
Reply 66
Original post by LeonVH
I found it challenging. Can the grade boundaries change or are they the same as from August?

yeah obviously the grade bounadries change, it's a completely different exam
Paper 2 was easyish i think with lots of revising! Paper one was more towards hard. But this 3rd one was the worst for me!

Does anyone know when we get results pls?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Szandihun
Paper 2 was easyish i think with lots of revising! Paper one was more towards hard. But this 3rd one was the worst for me!

Does anyone know when we get results pls?

On the 11th of January
will the grade boundarys be higher or lower?
Original post by Carwre
I found it really hard today so am worried now you all thought it was ok :frown: does anyone know when result day is?

It's 11th of January
Original post by Cousin brother
will the grade boundarys be higher or lower?

Depends on how people got on with it. If people struggled with it then grade boundaries will be low
thanks
I was reading online that you need a 15 point something percent to pass the Edexcel maths. It used to be 37% I think but with the grades changing and making the paper a bit harder the percentage has gone down.
I done poorly on the first paper, the second paper went really well. I found the third paper difficult but better then the first one 😬
Original post by SophiejoLouise
I was reading online that you need a 15 point something percent to pass the Edexcel maths. It used to be 37% I think but with the grades changing and making the paper a bit harder the percentage has gone down.
I done poorly on the first paper, the second paper went really well. I found the third paper difficult but better then the first one 😬

I second that completely, I am just praying I got a C , I don't know if I can go through that again !! 😵
Reply 75
Original post by SophiejoLouise

That may be for higher. How many people did Foundation? How did you find it?
Original post by lianne.b
I second that completely, I am just praying I got a C , I don't know if I can go through that again !! 😵

Yeah, I’m the same! Really hoping for a 4/5. I’ll be amazed if I get any higher 😂
Original post by LeonVH
That may be for higher. How many people did Foundation? How did you find it?

I don’t know about you guys but at my school the teachers put everyone doing Foundation. There were only 3-8 people doing higher who need it to get onto the course they want. Is it possible that this year there was more people doing foundation than higher ?
Reply 78
Original post by itss_ana15
I don’t know about you guys but at my school the teachers put everyone doing Foundation. There were only 3-8 people doing higher who need it to get onto the course they want. Is it possible that this year there was more people doing foundation than higher ?

I feel the same, there was only 1 person doing higher in my college, and thats only because they chose to do it again (they got a 4, but wanted a higher grade).

Many people found the foundation exams difficult.
Original post by LeonVH
I feel the same, there was only 1 person doing higher in my college, and thats only because they chose to do it again (they got a 4, but wanted a higher grade).

Many people found the foundation exams difficult.

Tbh that’s what I’m counting on. I’m really hoping that the grade boundaries are low I did bad in non calculator what will save me, is the calculators papers.

Who’s idea was it to bring A level Maths into GCSE maths?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending