The Student Room Group

What A Levels should I take?

Currently in year 11 filling out some applications, I'm allowed to change my options before I join the school but I have been putting down psychology photography and biology.

Are these A levels like good together?
I'm considering changing biology for something else, I really like the human biology part of biology but I don't enjoy the other parts like plants anywhere near as much. Any ideas as to what course I could swap it with? Something similar or completely different I don't mind.#

Thanks!!
Original post by Admera
Currently in year 11 filling out some applications, I'm allowed to change my options before I join the school but I have been putting down psychology photography and biology.

Are these A levels like good together?
I'm considering changing biology for something else, I really like the human biology part of biology but I don't enjoy the other parts like plants anywhere near as much. Any ideas as to what course I could swap it with? Something similar or completely different I don't mind.#

Thanks!!

What you need to be thinking about is:

Which A levels will you get the best grades in?
What degree/ career do you wish to do?
What are the entrance requirements for the uni you wish to go to?
If you dont know then what subjects can you take to keep your options open rather than limiting your choices.

Read this article:
https://university.which.co.uk/advice/a-level-choices/six-things-you-need-to-know-before-making-your-a-level-choices

There tend to be:

Facilitating subjects= well respected and maximise options.

Preferred/ respectable subjects= Normally fine and always fine if you have two facilitating subjects.

Non preferred subjects,= lower options and ok as a third A level with 2 of the above. They might be quite limiting in terms of options.

Read the article and then you have a better idea. its a balance of an A level you will get a good grade at v ones which create choice. All you need is a combination thats acceptable for the course you want.
Reply 2
I wouldn’t change biology if I was you, it’s really respected as a science and is a facilitating subject which the other two aren’t so I think it would be safest to keep it there to maximise ur options

Quick Reply

Latest