The Student Room Group

Sending SAT Scores

Hey Guys just a question about sending the scores,

Do you have to send scores through Collegebaord to universities? Or if I'm applying through Common Application do they automatically get sent, I'm really confused as to which way I should give scores because I don't want there to be a scenario where they dont get any scores at all :frown:

Thanks
Original post by ChemBoy1
Hey Guys just a question about sending the scores,

Do you have to send scores through Collegebaord to universities? Or if I'm applying through Common Application do they automatically get sent, I'm really confused as to which way I should give scores because I don't want there to be a scenario where they dont get any scores at all :frown:

Thanks

I'm in the same position and am applying through common app, I just trust college board to send my scores (SAT Reasoning/Maths 1 Subject test/Bio m subject test
Hmm ok, do you know whether you send your scores at all or mention your scores in the common app? Also can I ask which universities your applying to?
Original post by BeatrixLS
I'm in the same position and am applying through common app, I just trust college board to send my scores (SAT Reasoning/Maths 1 Subject test/Bio m subject test
Hmm ok, do you know whether you send your scores at all or mention your scores in the common app? Also can I ask which universities your applying to?

Yeah, they ask for scores in CA but college board send them anyway, I hadn't taken the subject tests when I applied :0 so I just trusted college board. When I apply to my next few I will mention scores.

Yale
MIT
Harvard
University of Chicago
Cornell

you? :smile:
Stanford, Penn, MIT USC and maybe caltech. They are all high end unis so I really dont expect to get into them :/
Original post by BeatrixLS
Yeah, they ask for scores in CA but college board send them anyway, I hadn't taken the subject tests when I applied :0 so I just trusted college board. When I apply to my next few I will mention scores.

Yale
MIT
Harvard
University of Chicago
Cornell

you? :smile:
Stanford, Penn, MIT USC and maybe caltech. They are all high end unis so I really dont expect to get into them :/

oh same though :smile:)
Wait - GUYS! This is not how the College Board works!! I'm sorry this is late, but most unis won't process your applications until they've received your SAT scores, and the College Board won't send them until you've coughed up the dough to send them. Unless you used the free score reporting offered by bubbling in a university's code on your answer sheet when taking the exam, your score will NOT be sent ANYWHERE!

Here's a link with details on how to send your SAT scores: https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/sat/scores/sending-scores
Oh! :0 I don't remember a bubble about sending scores on my answer sheet are you sure this is right?
Original post by JainaRose
Wait - GUYS! This is not how the College Board works!! I'm sorry this is late, but most unis won't process your applications until they've received your SAT scores, and the College Board won't send them until you've coughed up the dough to send them. Unless you used the free score reporting offered by bubbling in a university's code on your answer sheet when taking the exam, your score will NOT be sent ANYWHERE!

Here's a link with details on how to send your SAT scores: https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/sat/scores/sending-scores
I've taken 15+ College Board exams in America, so I know how it works back home. It's possible, though, that they didn't have the option for free score reports on your exams because you're out-of-country. Feel free to email/call the College Board to double check whether your tests have somehow been sent, but I seriously doubt they have. FYI, it's like $50 per score report (though you can get a pass on paying if you prove a financial necessity for this). You should be able to log in and see exactly where your scores have been sent. If you can't find it, then call them and check. If you don't follow this up and your scores are not sent, then I can promise you that your chances of going to college in America are almost nill (barring the possibilities that you're applying to one of a few lesser-known unis that don't require standardized testing, or that you have already sent ACTs).

Also, most schools have some sort of portal you can check to see what they've received and what they're still waiting on from you. If you really think your scores have somehow been sent, then you could try to log in and check from there.
Ah ok thanks for this info it really helped :smile: the collegeboard did give a me a reciept to send the scores but I will contact the university to check if they recieved my scores. Are you also applying to uni this year?
Original post by JainaRose
I've taken 15+ College Board exams in America, so I know how it works back home. It's possible, though, that they didn't have the option for free score reports on your exams because you're out-of-country. Feel free to email/call the College Board to double check whether your tests have somehow been sent, but I seriously doubt they have. FYI, it's like $50 per score report (though you can get a pass on paying if you prove a financial necessity for this). You should be able to log in and see exactly where your scores have been sent. If you can't find it, then call them and check. If you don't follow this up and your scores are not sent, then I can promise you that your chances of going to college in America are almost nill (barring the possibilities that you're applying to one of a few lesser-known unis that don't require standardized testing, or that you have already sent ACTs).

Also, most schools have some sort of portal you can check to see what they've received and what they're still waiting on from you. If you really think your scores have somehow been sent, then you could try to log in and check from there.
Okay, sounds good! I hope they do turn out to have been sent already, and that everything works out well. I went through this whole process last year, I'm a first-year at St Andrews.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending