The Student Room Group

Are you for or against LGBT?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by FloralHybrid
Excuse me for asking, what is a Demi-biromantic asexual? 'Tis a rather specific label.

It's a long explanation.
Demi = Only forms feelings after a close bond has been formed.
Bi = Either sex for attraction after the bond has been formed (Not any gender though as this is a little different)
Romantic = Rather than Demi-sexual, a Demi-romantic only forms romantic feelings for someone and sexual interest never develops.
Asexual = I'm using it to make it more identifiable. I feel like it clarifies my lack of interest better. Maybe many won't agree with me but I feel sexuality is so varied that most terms can be used loosely.

Putting it all together makes me feel like I know myself better. I used to identify as Bisexual until I started looking into demi-sexuality and other Asexual terms. For now at least, it works for me.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 41
Original post by Anonymous
Being against is just funny! Can I be against Herosexuals?. We can't deny the existence of others just because they're not like yourself.

Oh how irritating people can be when they don't understand this. Anyone that argues against people of a different sexuality because of it are standing in a weak position.
Reply 42
I’ve stopped classifying LGBT as such. Love is love. Sex is sex. Gender is gender. It’s not like any of us can help what we feel. Personally people would describe me as gender fluid and pansexual but I don’t like using labels. You’re boyfriend should be grateful that you trust him enough to come out and appreciate that it must’ve been difficult. Honestly I don’t think he’s worth it if he can’t even get over LGBT. I’m sorry for being harsh, I’m also awful with feelings, but I hope things improve with you two

No I completely understand your point, but like in later posts I may just have to have a chat with him, possibly educate him about what it actually is and see what happens from there. Thank you for your support tho! :smile:
Reply 43
if he gets weird about u being bi then he can frankly p155 off
I don't believe bisexuality is a thing .

Why do most bisexual girls end up with males?
Original post by xobeauty

I mean, I fully believe bisexuality to be a real thing, but there are so many people out there who choose to tell everyone they are bisexual because its "cool and edgy" and they can still only go for the opposite sex without people not believing them. So yeah, lots of "bisexual" girls end up with males because they were never bisexual in the first place.
Reply 46
Original post by Shiba_Inu
I mean, I fully believe bisexuality to be a real thing, but there are so many people out there who choose to tell everyone they are bisexual because its "cool and edgy" and they can still only go for the opposite sex without people not believing them. So yeah, lots of "bisexual" girls end up with males because they were never bisexual in the first place.

Original post by xobeauty

I actually completely get you both, and hope I’ve not come across this way, but he and my parents are actually the only ones I’ve told because it’s so true, so many people ‘come out’ and fake it, which is so sad and frustrating when all people think (in my case) is that now anyone who does or might come out is lying... however, I don’t know why, and don’t know many bisexual girls so cannot answer or suggest an answer for your question about bisexual girls ending up with males more often.
Reply 47
Original post by Shiba_Inu

Even as simple a concept as Bisexuality is people still don't seem to understand it when people end up in a "normal" (I use the term grudgingly) relationship. They might either think they are straight or if it is a gay relationship they think they are gay. People need to realise that Bisexuals can have more of a preference and just not find someone of both sexes often enough to say I've been in straight and gay relationships about equally. This is what contributes to general disbelief and can be a big problem for some people when coming out.
Reply 48
I'm a young person as a result of this I get told it's just a phase or if you've never been with a guy (I identify as a Lesbian), how do I know, or even get question with my relations of male friends.
I'm a 21 year old gay dude and I have to be honest - I genuinely really hate being this way, so I'm pretty much against lgbt
Reply 50
Original post by sumzy.
I'm a young person as a result of this I get told it's just a phase or if you've never been with a guy (I identify as a Lesbian), how do I know, or even get question with my relations of male friends.

I want to know how they know they are straight if they have never been with another of the same sex. It's a stupid question to ask as we get to know who we are attracted to and who we are not.
Reply 51
I'm a 21 year old gay dude and I have to be honest - I genuinely really hate being this way, so I'm pretty much against lgbt

In what way are you against it? Even if you hate being that orientation wouldn't you at least want others to be able to express themselves as they wish?
Original post by Bio 7
In what way are you against it? Even if you hate being that orientation wouldn't you at least want others to be able to express themselves as they wish?

No this is just for me, as in I don't like being gay. It's a free world, other people should what pleases them most. But me - I don't see my future like this, with a man. It just doesn't seem... normal or natural to me at all. I don't think I can live like that and it's not what I wanted. At university, I hardly take much interest in the gay culture. It makes me cringe and it makes me feel uncomfortable. All the gays here are feminine, annoying, attention seeking, flamboyant who like to shove their sexuality down other people's throats - I do not want to be like that. What I hate is that I'm stuck in the gay capital of the UK for 3 years of university. I guess what I'm saying is that I want to be a mature, grown up straight masculine man, a wonderful husband to a beautiful girl and a great dad.
Reply 53
No this is just for me, as in I don't like being gay. It's a free world, other people should what pleases them most. But me - I don't see my future like this, with a man. It just doesn't seem... normal or natural to me at all. I don't think I can live like that and it's not what I wanted. At university, I hardly take much interest in the gay culture. It makes me cringe and it makes me feel uncomfortable. All the gays here are feminine, annoying, attention seeking, flamboyant who like to shove their sexuality down other people's throats - I do not want to be like that. What I hate is that I'm stuck in the gay capital of the UK for 3 years of university. I guess what I'm saying is that I want to be a mature, grown up straight masculine man, a wonderful husband to a beautiful girl and a great dad.

Yeah if people shove it down throats that's across the line.
I don't understand the whole dating culture at all given my orientation but I can understand it at least a bit. If you don't feel comfortable with it I guess you might find something better in the future. There isn't any rush to work things out.
Original post by Bio 7
Yeah if people shove it down throats that's across the line.
I don't understand the whole dating culture at all given my orientation but I can understand it at least a bit. If you don't feel comfortable with it I guess you might find something better in the future. There isn't any rush to work things out.

Thanks, I hope so too. This situation makes me feel so depressed.
Reply 55
Thanks, I hope so too. This situation makes me feel so depressed.

Well you're not the only one. It can be such a difficult thing to become comfortable with. I've read people saying how difficult it has been for them, but talking about it does help. Sexuality is such an interesting topic with all it's variances and emotions.
Original post by Bio 7
Well you're not the only one. It can be such a difficult thing to become comfortable with. I've read people saying how difficult it has been for them, but talking about it does help. Sexuality is such an interesting topic with all it's variances and emotions.

Yes you're probably right. Perhaps I was overreacting and maybe it is a common boat to be in after all. I hope this situation changes in the next year or two. I want to turn my life around and make myself happy with who I am. Thanks a lot for talking to me :colondollar:
Reply 57
Yes you're probably right. Perhaps I was overreacting and maybe it is a common boat to be in after all. I hope this situation changes in the next year or two. I want to turn my life around and make myself happy with who I am. Thanks a lot for talking to me :colondollar:

I've only recently started really understanding myself after about four or five years of wondering and researching so it's been good to talk about the problems people can face. With something so complicated I've learned how things change over time.
Original post by Bio 7
I've only recently started really understanding myself after about four or five years of wondering and researching so it's been good to talk about the problems people can face. With something so complicated I've learned how things change over time.

Four or five years is a pretty long time, did you ever feel lonely in that time?
Like me now, it makes me feel lonely that I haven't been able to find myself a proper relationship yet
Reply 59
Four or five years is a pretty long time, did you ever feel lonely in that time?
Like me now, it makes me feel lonely that I haven't been able to find myself a proper relationship yet

Well I identified as Bisexual for years, really until a little while back. Now I realise that I'm part of the asexual spectrum and so I've never really been interested in relationships. Realising more about how I've felt about this has been important and I've been quite comfortable with it.

Quick Reply