The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Economics Offer Holders 2018

This thread is for anyone who has received an offer from UCL for Economics only. Please post:
-Offer Grades
-GCSE grades
-Predicted Grades
-When your received your offer
Many thanks as I'm sure this will be useful to many people!

Scroll to see replies

Got a conditional for the L100 -

Offer - A*AA (with A* in Maths and A in Economics)
GCSE - 3A*, 6A, B, C (no language)
Predicted Grades - A*A*A*A (Maths, English Lit, Economics, Further Maths)
Received - 25th October

Guy at an open day said that most applicants need at least 5A* at GCSE to stand a chance, so don't worry if yours aren't exceptional. Just make sure the personal statement is great and the predicts are strong :smile:.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by KieranDrakes
Got a conditional for the L100 -

Offer - A*AA (with A* in Maths and A in Economics)
GCSE - 3A*, 6A, B, C (no language)
Predicted Grades - A*A*A*A (Maths, English Lit, Economics, Further Maths)
Received - 25th October

Guy at an open day said that most applicants need at least 5A* at GCSE to stand a chance, so don't worry if yours aren't exceptional. Just make sure the personal statement is great and the predicts are strong :smile:.

Thats fantastic! Well Done! I got my offer on the 31st! I got 5A*’s and 5A’s, predicted A*AA! Lets do this! See you in September Kieran!
Original post by Shivay1234
Thats fantastic! Well Done! I got my offer on the 31st! I got 5A*’s and 5A’s, predicted A*AA! Lets do this! See you in September Kieran!

Fingers crossed the maths A*'s come through, see ya!
Reply 4
Congratulations guys! I applied for L100 Economics on the 12th October and still haven't received a reply, starting to worry about my chances, any advice?
Reply 5
You should not be worried at all! Sure you have a great chance, as long as you have a solid predicted grades, and gcse grades! Don’t panic! It’ll come!!
Hi guys, I think my application is relatively strong apart from my AS further maths UMS, I got a C in my decision Maths module ( I did fine in other modules and got an A overall). Do you think I would still stand a chance with this terrible D1 score?
(My predicted grades are 3A* and an A in EPQ plus A in both AS Maths and Further Maths. I got 6A*4A1B in my GCSE)
Reply 7
Original post by nclzhans1
Hi guys, I think my application is relatively strong apart from my AS further maths UMS, I got a C in my decision Maths module ( I did fine in other modules and got an A overall). Do you think I would still stand a chance with this terrible D1 score?
(My predicted grades are 3A* and an A in EPQ plus A in both AS Maths and Further Maths. I got 6A*4A1B in my GCSE)

That’s a solid application mate! Don’t you worry!!
Reply 8
Congratulation guys for your offer!I sent my app on 13/10 but didn't hear anything yet. I'm so worried because have no GCSE having studied in a Italian school. I have only good grades from my Italian school and an IB predicted of 42 with 7 in math, physics, and Chem HL and a 6 in Eco HL. Do you know anyone who had received an offer with no GCSE in the past year? Thanks
Reply 9
Original post by HFDU
Congratulation guys for your offer!I sent my app on 13/10 but didn't hear anything yet. I'm so worried because have no GCSE having studied in a Italian school. I have only good grades from my Italian school and an IB predicted of 42 with 7 in math, physics, and Chem HL and a 6 in Eco HL. Do you know anyone who had received an offer with no GCSE in the past year? Thanks

Hiya!
Sorry I have not yet come across anyone without the gcse’s... but i’m sure UCL and other uni’s will consider people who have some sort of equivalent qualifications, which i’m guessing in your case you have from your Italian education... also your IB prediction looks great! So you have a good chance...
Thanks
Reply 10
I got an offer for A*AA :-)
Original post by Lexie12
I got an offer for A*AA :-)

Grades?
Reply 12
11A* at GCSE
maths, chem, bio and history a levels. Predicted A*A*A*A
Reply 13
Original post by Shivay1234
Hiya!
Sorry I have not yet come across anyone without the gcse’s... but i’m sure UCL and other uni’s will consider people who have some sort of equivalent qualifications, which i’m guessing in your case you have from your Italian education... also your IB prediction looks great! So you have a good chance...
Thanks

Thanks! Still hoping ^•^
Reply 14
HEY! I just got my offer! (IB kid from the land of Tims and maple syrup). I was predicted 44 - HL Math (7), HL History (7) HL Econ (7), SL Chem (6), SL Eng Lit (7), SL French B (7). I also had a bunch of cool co-curriculars/extra-curriculars I talked about.

Now, fingers crossed an LSE acceptance will come in! Super hyped I can study in the UK!!
(edited 6 years ago)

Update! Just got an offer from UCL! A*AA and UCL is my first choice hooray!!
Reply 16

Congratulations! When were you notified? On UCAS or on UCL portal?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by HFDU
Congratulations! When were you notified? On UCAS or on UCL portal?

In my UCL portal, it still says ' currently processed by admissions' but my UCAS Track has updated? I got the email from UCAS Track first at four ish today so I went on Track.
Reply 18
Original post by csmano
HEY! I just got my offer! (IB kid from the land of Tims and maple syrup). I was predicted 44 - HL Math (7), HL History (7) HL Econ (7), SL Chem (6), SL Eng Lit (7), SL French B (7). I also had a bunch of cool co-curriculars/extra-curriculars I talked about.

Now, fingers crossed an LSE acceptance will come in! Super hyped I can study in the UK!!

Congrats and good luck!!
Reply 19

Good stuff! Congrats!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending