The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Maybe you’re not flirty enough. Cause from my point of view you need boys to be a bit flirty to show that they want you?
Reply 2
Original post by megan6dude
Maybe you’re not flirty enough. Cause from my point of view you need boys to be a bit flirty to show that they want you?

I agree, if a guy treats me more like a 'mate' than flirt with me I'd think I didn't have a chance a move on
Girls literally just love been given attention, just compliment them and make the mmmm feel special x
Brush ur teeth
Reply 5
Original post by xRenesme
I agree, if a guy treats me more like a 'mate' than flirt with me I'd think I didn't have a chance a move on

What does that really mean?
Reply 6
Original post by Adam.C123
Why? It is so hard to get girls.
I never get anywhere with girls, they laugh at my jokes, like my sense of humour and so on.
I am somewhat confident, not overly however I am certainty not shy.
Then looks wise I am average, which I think is all men need if they have a personality, from what people I know.
My instagram is Crawfordladd

lets observe the facts;

so girls laugh at your jokes, and like your sense of humour

but looks wise you are average

and you find it very difficult to get girls.

so what does that tell you about your belief that this is "all men need if they have a personality"

Spoiler

Reply 7
Original post by ANM775
lets observe the facts;

so girls laugh at your jokes, and like your sense of humour

but looks wise you are average

and you find it very difficult to get girls.

so what does that tell you about your belief that this is "all men need if they have a personality"

Spoiler

Firstly I don't know if I am average, say average is 6/10 I might be a 8/10 or a 4/10. I don't know, I posted my Instagram username now.
I thought girls like personalities? So they don't even though they say they do? With humour being the main thing.
Pick one for God's sake.
Reply 8
Firstly I don't know if I am average, say average is 6/10 I might be a 8/10 or a 4/10. I don't know, I posted my Instagram username now.
I thought girls like personalities? So they don't even though they say they do? With humour being the main thing.
Pick one for God's sake.

I saw your instagram, I would say you're pretty average looking

and girls will often say things like that, but behind the scenes do the complete opposite.

I've done a fair few online experiments on dating sites and looks is 100% the main thing they go for...
I suggest you do the same, make a profile of a really good looking guy and give him a crap personality, then delete that and make a profile of an average guy and give him the best personality you can. ...and note the difference in interest.....

very eye opening..............
I looked at your Instagram. Here are a few things I noticed to maybe help you with your social media image, and in effect, help you get girls in the future:

1) At least, to me, don't make your Instagram profile picture so sexually explicit. Maybe just do a nice headshot of yourself. I am getting the vibe that you just want a hook up, which is fine if that's what you want, but I don't think girls are going to hook up with someone with average looks and who is so incredibly straightforward in their profile picture about it.

2) Take less selfies. Take more pictures of what you are doing/with other people. So many selfies gives me the impression that you are self absorbed. Personally, I find that quality unattractive.

3) Put more thought into your captions and posts. Show that you put care into what you say.

Now, offline... here are some tips.

1) Compliment girls but not in a disrespectful way. Say things like, "You look really pretty in that dress" or " "Your hair looks really nice like that." etc.

2) Ask girls on actual dates - not to the movies because you can't really talk. Go on a fun adventure! The most important thing - be thoughtful.

3) Listen to them. Ask them questions. Show that you are interested in what they have to say!

Good luck! You've got this! :smile:
Reply 10
Eveyone wants to date models. So unless your 8/10+ nothing lands on your plate. You have to work hard for it and take a depressing amount of blow outs on the chin.
Reply 11
Original post by ANM775
I saw your instagram, I would say you're pretty average looking

and girls will often say things like that, but behind the scenes do the complete opposite.

I've done a fair few online experiments on dating sites and looks is 100% the main thing they go for...
I suggest you do the same, make a profile of a really good looking guy and give him a crap personality, then delete that and make a profile of an average guy and give him the best personality you can. ...and note the difference in interest.....

very eye opening..............

Fair enough.
I got that they like personality from people making videos, so there is not any point to lying and these videos are pretty much the same thing.
I have done, however online is false in my view, sites like POF, Okcupid and Tinder the girls are not very friendly. Be it from my fake Mr handsome account or from yours truely.
Reply 12
Original post by Zarek
Eveyone wants to date models. So unless your 8/10+ nothing lands on your plate. You have to work hard for it and take a depressing amount of blow outs on the chin.

I don't.....
I don't.....

Hey,

Check out RSD Julien and Rsd max, that should open your eyes, after I seen them, instant dates with girls that I like.

Little preview, you're coming accross as needy asking about why don't girls like me, that's silly man, seriously there are way better things in this world than obsessing over girls liking you or changing for girls.

Only change for yourself to make yourself feel better, I seen on your instagram that you graduated with a medical degree? That is ******* awesome, you need to have more worth in yourself, develop your social skills and go out more with your friends and last but not least, HAVE A GOOD ******* TIME. Otherwise whats the point? we only live for about 70 years.
Reply 14
Original post by Anonymous
I looked at your Instagram. Here are a few things I noticed to maybe help you with your social media image, and in effect, help you get girls in the future:

1) At least, to me, don't make your Instagram profile picture so sexually explicit. Maybe just do a nice headshot of yourself. I am getting the vibe that you just want a hook up, which is fine if that's what you want, but I don't think girls are going to hook up with someone with average looks and who is so incredibly straightforward in their profile picture about it.

2) Take less selfies. Take more pictures of what you are doing/with other people. So many selfies gives me the impression that you are self absorbed. Personally, I find that quality unattractive.

3) Put more thought into your captions and posts. Show that you put care into what you say.

Now, offline... here are some tips.

1) Compliment girls but not in a disrespectful way. Say things like, "You look really pretty in that dress" or " "Your hair looks really nice like that." etc.

2) Ask girls on actual dates - not to the movies because you can't really talk. Go on a fun adventure! The most important thing - be thoughtful.

3) Listen to them. Ask them questions. Show that you are interested in what they have to say!

Good luck! You've got this! :smile:

Thanks for tips.
However social media me and real life me aren't the same. Anyone that knows me gets that, I only post Instagram for a laugh with silly captions.
One of these girls I know likes most of them and tells me they are hilarious (however she has a boyfriend otherwise I'd make a move).

When it comes to offline tips, I think you have more of a point.
While when I compliment girls in real life, they don't take me seriously. Which I can get because I am not a serious person.

One of the main things is I have no girls to ask, all girls I know either
A) Aren't my type
B) Won't like me back, so it is a waste of time.

I ask a lot of questions.
Maybe join a new club/activity or use online dating apps to meet new girls? Maybe a comedy organization, since you are funny! Then, you might meet a girl who has similar interests.
Reply 16
Thanks for tips.
However social media me and real life me aren't the same. Anyone that knows me gets that, I only post Instagram for a laugh with silly captions.
One of these girls I know likes most of them and tells me they are hilarious (however she has a boyfriend otherwise I'd make a move).

When it comes to offline tips, I think you have more of a point.
While when I compliment girls in real life, they don't take me seriously. Which I can get because I am not a serious person.

One of the main things is I have no girls to ask, all girls I know either
A) Aren't my type
B) Won't like me back, so it is a waste of time.

I ask a lot of questions.

come on man, I hope you're not going to listen to that guy and take his advice, use some common sense

RSD julian looks like this
https://cdn.datingskillsreview.com/photos/original/a9/e7/b0/1913_julienblancrsd_1415208896.jpg

RSD max looks like this
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/b5mFl7ov5xk/maxresdefault.jpg

Spoiler

Reply 17
Original post by Anonymous
Hey,

Check out RSD Julien and Rsd max, that should open your eyes, after I seen them, instant dates with girls that I like.

Little preview, you're coming accross as needy asking about why don't girls like me, that's silly man, seriously there are way better things in this world than obsessing over girls liking you or changing for girls.

Only change for yourself to make yourself feel better, I seen on your instagram that you graduated with a medical degree? That is ******* awesome, you need to have more worth in yourself, develop your social skills and go out more with your friends and last but not least, HAVE A GOOD ******* TIME. Otherwise whats the point? we only live for about 70 years.

Julien and Rsd Max is much more attractive than me....
You have a point though, people shouldn't change to please others.
I don't have a medicine degree that was a joke.
Reply 18
Original post by ANM775
come on man, I hope you're not going to listen to that guy and take his advice, use some common sense

RSD julian looks like this
https://cdn.datingskillsreview.com/photos/original/a9/e7/b0/1913_julienblancrsd_1415208896.jpg

RSD max looks like this
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/b5mFl7ov5xk/maxresdefault.jpg

Spoiler

Ok, then explain why do guys who are average get attractive girls?
don’t post weird pics of ur nipples on ig

Latest

Trending

Trending