The Student Room Group

She asked me to meet her out tonight

A girl i've been talking to asked me to meet her out tonight, as she's going clubbing with her friends. I really want to go and see her, the problem, however, is that none of my friends are available to go out tonight, so if i was to go i'd have to go on my own which looks ridiculously sad!

Any advice on what i should do?

Scroll to see replies

I don't know, for me it'd depend on what kind of friends she wanted to go clubbing with. Could you perhaps provide more details?
You should go, who cares if nobody else is free. Go have fun with her
Reply 3
Original post by JayDu
A girl i've been talking to asked me to meet her out tonight, as she's going clubbing with her friends. I really want to go and see her, the problem, however, is that none of my friends are available to go out tonight, so if i was to go i'd have to go on my own which looks ridiculously sad!

Any advice on what i should do?

Original post by wannabelawyer97
I don't know, for me it'd depend on what kind of friends she wanted to go clubbing with. Could you perhaps provide more details?

She's out for a 21st birthday, but she's been asking what i'm doing tonight, hinting that she'd like me to see her out. I might look like i'm tagging along to be honest. Although i definitely want to see her.
Original post by JayDu
She's out for a 21st birthday, but she's been asking what i'm doing tonight, hinting that she'd like me to see her out. I might look like i'm tagging along to be honest. Although i definitely want to see her.

You'd be out of mind not to go to a Birthday party, especially since she WANTS you there.
Just ask if you can come.

If it gets awkward pretend your mum/dad/big sister has rang and you need to go home.. think of an excuse before you go so it looks more realistic.

Explain that your mates are skint/busy/elsewhere/too lazy to come out.
You'd be out of mind not to go to a Birthday party, especially since she WANTS you there.

Birthdays are something that doesn't happen often. It is to your benefit if she remembers you there. Play cool
Reply 7
Original post by princess kimber
Just ask if you can come.

If it gets awkward pretend your mum/dad/big sister has rang and you need to go home.. think of an excuse before you go so it looks more realistic.

Birthdays are something that doesn't happen often. It is to your benefit if she remembers you there. Play cool

So the consensus is that i should, in spite of having to go alone haha? I'm confident enough to do that but i really want this girl to like me!
Original post by JayDu
So the consensus is that i should, in spite of having to go alone haha? I'm confident enough to do that but i really want this girl to like me!

Well, I don't think she would've invited you if she didn't see you as a likeable person.
(edited 6 years ago)
just ask if you can come.

If it gets awkward pretend your mum/dad/big sister has rang and you need to go home.. Think of an excuse before you go so it looks more realistic.

read the question
Original post by sfdgdgdcfxv
read the question

I did.

Read my answer.
Original post by JayDu

If you didn't at least show your face for an hour or two she might think you don't like her, which would be a shame as you clearly like her a lot.
I did.

Read my answer.
he knows he can come,he wants to know if he should,you would know that if you read the question.
he knows he can come,he wants to know if he should,you would know that if you read the question.

Sorry, did Mummy and Daddy stop your pocket money again to make you such a miserable git?

I did understand the question.

I know he was invited.

I was referring to him asking HER if it was ok if he came by himself and without his friends. As without his mates there and I'm assuming he knows nobody else as she would have to entertain him.

Also this quote he made "She's out for a 21st birthday, but she's been asking what i'm doing tonight, hinting that she'd like me to see her out." made it sound like the girl hasn't asked him directly and is just throwing the idea out there. (Even though she may have have asked him properly) and it's always polite to check isn't it?

Maybe I could of explained better, but so what? I still answered the question and my answer was relevant.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 14
I'm confused, in your original post you said she asked you but in a comment you said she was hinting by asking you if you were out? They're two different things so not sure what's going on.

I'd just say you're not sure what you're doing because no one is going out tonight and see what she says, simple as that.
Sorry, did Mummy and Daddy stop your pocket money again to make you such a miserable git?

I did understand the question.

I know he was invited.

I was referring to him asking HER if it was ok if he came by himself and without his friends. As without his mates there and I'm assuming he knows nobody else she would have to entertain him.

Maybe I could of explained better, but so what? I still answered the question and my answer was relevant.

Fantastic grammar and linguistic prowess on display there my friend.
Anyway the issue of this dilemma is not that he thinks the girl will dislike him being on his own but simply that it may appear sad and pathetic if he shows up alone rather than with friends.As this is a girl he wishes to impress he want to give of the best impression.

Please proof read you response,we wouldn't want another grammatical error would we.
Just go to a bar beforehand and pick up some girls to go clubbing with, that’ll make her jealous too
Fantastic grammar and linguistic prowess on display there my friend.
Anyway the issue of this dilemma is not that he thinks the girl will dislike him being on his own but simply that it may appear sad and pathetic if he shows up alone rather than with friends.As this is a girl he wishes to impress he want to give of the best impression.

Please proof read you response,we wouldn't want another grammatical error would we.

You missed the question mark at the end of the last sentence.

You also missed a space between the words highlighted in bold.

People in glass houses should not throw stones.

Not unless you want them hurdled back at you.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 18
Just meet her? Why do you need your friends to come?
Original post by CaraLD
I'm confused, in your original post you said she asked you but in a comment you said she was hinting by asking you if you were out? They're two different things so not sure what's going on.

I'd just say you're not sure what you're doing because no one is going out tonight and see what she says, simple as that.

That confused me too. Which is why I advised him to ask her out right.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending