The Student Room Group

MML at Cambridge - advice??

Scroll to see replies

HI I’m hoping to do French and German at Cambridge and many people have advised me to do English lit as an a level. Is this necessary to do it at uni? And what a levels did you (the ones that have a place/applying) do? Thank you 😃
You don't need it, but I think it might help you prepare for the course, as it is quite literary based. Having said that, there is no requirement on their website saying they desire it, so they won't have preference of an applicant who has english lit, over one who doesn't. Hope this helps :smile:

Original post by Mooblymoo:)
HI I’m hoping to do French and German at Cambridge and many people have advised me to do English lit as an a level. Is this necessary to do it at uni? And what a levels did you (the ones that have a place/applying) do? Thank you 😃
(edited 6 years ago)
Hi Sunny I also plan to study German and French there next year. An important tipp I could give you is engange in as many activities as possible. Extracurriculars sweeten your personal statement. You could try working for a latin american society. Read a lot of books in your target languages and pursue your domains of interests. I wish you all the best and good luck!
Hi Sunny I also plan to study German and French there next year. An important tipp I could give you is engange in as many activities as possible. Extracurriculars sweeten your personal statement. You could try working for a latin american society. Read a lot of books in your target languages and pursue your domains of interests. I wish you all the best and good luck!
Original post by English Heart

Best of luck with your application! I wrote this thread a few years back, I do currently study MML at Cambridge and am finishing second year, but that is great advice for future applicants! If you'd like any advice about applying/experience at Cambridge, I can help now :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending