The Student Room Group

How to stop liking people!?

How do I stop thinking about this guy in my uni who I've never spoken to (just had awkward eye contact with)? Actually getting annoyed with myself for having a crush on him.

I want to stay independent and not get involved in a messy relationship; we are both Asian but different types of Asian so it's not going to work out, religiously and ethnically. I can't seem to get him and his smile out of my head.

Following from this, recently, my ex has decided to circle above my head whilst I'm in the middle of a trying-to-get-over-this-dumb-crush-crisis. How do I stop liking people?

Please, I beg, help me.
Reply 1
Bump
How do you know your crush? Is he in your social circle?

I would try to keep yourself busy and focus on making good friends as opposed to thinking about love. Go to socials, try new activities and hobbies, focus on your studies. It should distract you from relationships for the moment.
Original post by Anonymous
How do I stop thinking about this guy in my uni who I've never spoken to (just had awkward eye contact with)? Actually getting annoyed with myself for having a crush on him.

I want to stay independent and not get involved in a messy relationship; we are both Asian but different types of Asian so it's not going to work out, religiously and ethnically. I can't seem to get him and his smile out of my head.

Following from this, recently, my ex has decided to circle above my head whilst I'm in the middle of a trying-to-get-over-this-dumb-crush-crisis. How do I stop liking people?

Please, I beg, help me.

This I swear is 100% me!
Reply 4
Original post by cheesecakelove
How do you know your crush? Is he in your social circle?

I would try to keep yourself busy and focus on making good friends as opposed to thinking about love. Go to socials, try new activities and hobbies, focus on your studies. It should distract you from relationships for the moment.

He's not in my social circle, he's just a friends friend.

I'm constantly busy or at least try to keep myself occupied :frown: but he's just always there at the back of my head.
Reply 5
Original post by TheAlchemistress
This I swear is 100% me!

Wow, another person going through the same shiz as me :frown:
You shouldn't let ethnical differences decide on whether you'd like a relationship but I can see you think it won't work out, so fair enough.
I've had so many problems myself trying to get over people, and sorry to say there's no foolproof method that works for everyone. If you have him on social media I suggest block him, it stops you from checking his profiles which is what everyone does when they have a crush 😂. I don't really know what to suggest other than this. If it's just a crush it's likely to pass, either you'll get bored of liking him, stop liking him when you know you'll never be together, or you'll find someone else. Either way it sounds like you're just going to have to put up with it and wait
Original post by Anonymous
Wow, another person going through the same shiz as me :frown:

We can relate though.
Do you have him on social media? Delete him lol-otherwise every time he posts something you'll keep thinking about him and he'll keep popping up in your head. I'm in a similar situation where I'm in uni and I talk to him (occasionally). Erghhh it's so damn annoying.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending