The Student Room Group

Boys are better than girls.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by huffle
Feminism is detrimental to women. I was a feminist, a feminazi as some might have called it, but then i actually began educating myself. getting news from sources other than BBC and buzzfeed. Biologically men are generally stronger than women. That's just a fact. Women can do whatever the heck they want in Britain, and if you're dumb enough to buy into the feminist agenda of victimhood and man-hating then for the love of god I hope you can educate yourself as I did. Also, does it really matter? She's six years old. And I bet money that her school has a football team she would be encouraged to join by her teachers. I'd love to see this passion you have for a 6-year-old child's silly statement, be put into something of actual importance.

Feminism is not just about victim mentality or believing that we don't have equal rights and that we are all identical. Just because women can "can do what the heck they want" doesn't mean there aren't issues. You wouldn't try and argue that racism isn't a thing because everyone has the same rights as everyone else would you?

I love that you've reigned in your "feminazi"-ness but it makes me sad when women reject feminism because they think there is nothing wrong in society at all. I realised that there is still heaps to go after since I've had many unpleasant and disturbing experiences in adult life. Hopefully you never experience them, but also hopefully you don't turn away from feminism because of the mad reputation it has in (mostly online) certain communities.
it's the same with netball: boys are told they can't play & it ends up just all-girl teams.
Original post by SmartUnicorn
That is what sexist people say, I am a feminist and when people come to me and ask me if boys are better, the simple answer is No. Women and Men are equal, nobody is better than anybody else, if you are wondering why I am writing this and what influenced me, well, it was my youngest cousin. Her name is Margo and she is 6. She came crying to me a few days ago and said she couldn't play football. (Margo's favourite thing to do is play football with the other kids) I asked her why and she told me a boy had told her she couldn't play simply because of her gender. Now, this infuriated me and no matter what I told her she would Not go to play football because she thought she wasn't good enough. I was wondering why that boy might have said that and I realised that boy wouldn't have came up with that conclusion himself, it would have been influenced. What are people putting into kids heads these days? I know he's only a child but this will be in his thoughts for a long while. And now? Now Margo never plays football no matter how hard I try to make her. When the other kids ask her to play she looks at the ground and says she can't. Do you know how that makes me feel? Sick. Sick that someone ruined her dignity, Now she will grow up thinking she can't play football and that boys are better than girls. No matter what I say to her or anyone else. Well done world.

Sorry for my long rant but I just needed to get it out so yeah

are u really going to take what a 6 year old said so seriously? i get why youre upset but young kids are immature and they come out with rubbish like this all the time. i was made fun of cos i had salami instead of ham in my sandwich at primary school. you just need to explain to her that what he said was wrong and that she can play football, then show her some of the greatest women football players out there.
ranting on tsr isnt going to change anything. its really not that deep
Original post by huffle
Feminism is detrimental to women. I was a feminist, a feminazi as some might have called it, but then i actually began educating myself. getting news from sources other than BBC and buzzfeed. Biologically men are generally stronger than women. That's just a fact. Women can do whatever the heck they want in Britain, and if you're dumb enough to buy into the feminist agenda of victimhood and man-hating then for the love of god I hope you can educate yourself as I did. Also, does it really matter? She's six years old. And I bet money that her school has a football team she would be encouraged to join by her teachers. I'd love to see this passion you have for a 6-year-old child's silly statement, be put into something of actual importance.

Funny, by educating myself I actually became a feminist.

And the one thing you mention (that you learnt from educating yourself) is that men really are biologically stronger. And that's somehow your epiphany that feminism is bad?
Original post by ishaniss
are u really going to take what a 6 year old said so seriously? i get why youre upset but young kids are immature and they come out with rubbish like this all the time. i was made fun of cos i had salami instead of ham in my sandwich at primary school. you just need to explain to her that what he said was wrong and that she can play football, then show her some of the greatest women football players out there.
ranting on tsr isnt going to change anything. its really not that deep

But they don't actually grow out of it. That's the point. Children form biases very early on and that kid will not suddenly "mature" (as you said he is immature and that's why he said it) and become unbiased. Just look at any of a large number of TSR users and their views.

And why isn't it going to change anything? Let OP vent if they want to vent...
of I was your cousin.Not matter what they say I will still play.It's just some-ones opinion...
Original post by tamil fever
of I was your cousin.Not matter what they say I will still play.It's just some-ones opinion...

You can't just join in someone else's game if they don't want you to :s-smilie:
So if a girl said "you're terrible at football, don't play" you'd be sick too, right?

This isn't a sexism issue. This is a bullying issue.
Original post by Laissez‒faire
You can't just join in someone else's game if they don't want you to :s-smilie:

Who said?Just take the ball and run.Lol.Or find other kids to play with.
Who said?Just take the ball and run.Lol.Or find other kids to play with.

Are you advocating theft?
Are you advocating theft?

Lmao.You can call it that if you want to.I just think it's borrowing for another game:biggrin:
Lmao.You can call it that if you want to.I just think it's borrowing for another game:biggrin:

Why can't you buy your own? Who will you play with?
Original post by huffle

I don't normally argue semantics, but there's something we need to get straight here. FEMINISM, despite the fact that it sounds like it should be to do exclusively with women, actually simply means 'the equality of the sexes'. So no, 'feminism' is not detrimental to women, because how can both sexes being equal in all ways be detrimental to either side? Today's (improving) patriarchal society is what's damaging to women. And the attitude of femiNAZIS (saying men are awful and all horrible, which is not true) is detrimental to men AND women, because people begin to associate femiNAZIS with the feminist movement, and... well, here we are. Hope this helps :smile:
Why can't you buy your own? Who will you play with?

Well you can buy one if you want but you don't want to waste your money.
You can get anyone to play with you.Like if you have a sister or brother or your parents.But I doubt they'll say yes.You can just play by yourself.Lol.Kick the ball to the wall and kick it back when it rebounds.OR you can join a club:biggrin:
Original post by SmartUnicorn
That is what sexist people say, I am a feminist and when people come to me and ask me if boys are better, the simple answer is No. Women and Men are equal, nobody is better than anybody else, if you are wondering why I am writing this and what influenced me, well, it was my youngest cousin. Her name is Margo and she is 6. She came crying to me a few days ago and said she couldn't play football. (Margo's favourite thing to do is play football with the other kids) I asked her why and she told me a boy had told her she couldn't play simply because of her gender. Now, this infuriated me and no matter what I told her she would Not go to play football because she thought she wasn't good enough. I was wondering why that boy might have said that and I realised that boy wouldn't have came up with that conclusion himself, it would have been influenced. What are people putting into kids heads these days? I know he's only a child but this will be in his thoughts for a long while. And now? Now Margo never plays football no matter how hard I try to make her. When the other kids ask her to play she looks at the ground and says she can't. Do you know how that makes me feel? Sick. Sick that someone ruined her dignity, Now she will grow up thinking she can't play football and that boys are better than girls. No matter what I say to her or anyone else. Well done world.

Sorry for my long rant but I just needed to get it out so yeah

WAHTEVER people say about you, take it as motivation. People generally dont like to see others succeeding but they like them when they both fail together.
Well you can buy one if you want but you don't want to waste your money.
You can get anyone to play with you.Like if you have a sister or brother or your parents.But I doubt they'll say yes.You can just play by yourself.Lol.Kick the ball to the wall and kick it back when it rebounds.OR you can join a club:biggrin:

You want to steal someone's ball who's playing a football match just so you can kick it to the wall and play by yourself?
How old are you?
Different people are better at different things. One gender as a whole is not better than the other. But neither are they equal in all senses.
You want to steal someone's ball who's playing a football match just so you can kick it to the wall and play by yourself?

Well...you're the one that asked "Who will you play with?"
1)If no-one wants to play with you,play by yourself
2)If someone does want to play then well done
3)Join in the match if they let you
4)If they don't let you join go to option 1 or 2

And its not necessarily stealing....:colondollar:
The definition of stealing is:
take (another person's property) without permission or legal right and without intending to return it.
(In bold)By the way you will return it,if you can find the person.

au revoir.good night.
Well...you're the one that asked "Who will you play with?"
1)If no-one wants to play with you,play by yourself
2)If someone does want to play then well done
3)Join in the match if they let you
4)If they don't let you join go to option 1 or 2

And its not necessarily stealing....:colondollar:
The definition of stealing is:
take (another person's property) without permission or legal right and without intending to return it.
(In bold)By the way you will return it,if you can find the person.

au revoir.good night.

Why do you think you would be so entitled as to take other people's property without their permission?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending