The Student Room Group

Muslim struggles

Constantly trying to fight between my desires and my religion. I'm a Muslim girl and have feelings for another girl. I feel like it's not right but it's what I feel.. How can you disagree with what you're feeling.. I've attempted to speak to guys to get to know them. I'm currently speaking to a guy and he's good etc, on his deen. But my mind keeps drifting back to the girl.. My feelings are much stronger for girls than they have ever been for a guy.. HELP, what do I do???

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Then don't let religion take over your life, do what makes you happy.
Reply 2
Original post by UWS
Then don't let religion take over your life, do what makes you happy.

Even if it doesn't feel right?
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Constantly trying to fight between my desires and my religion. I'm a Muslim girl and have feelings for another girl. I feel like it's not right but it's what I feel.. How can you disagree with what you're feeling.. I've attempted to speak to guys to get to know them. I'm currently speaking to a guy and he's good etc, on his deen. But my mind keeps drifting back to the girl.. My feelings are much stronger for girls than they have ever been for a guy.. HELP, what do I do???

obviously this is against Islam, but if you have this feeling you can't stop it can you? if you want to stay loyal to your religion, if that is more important than your sexual desires then stick to it. If you feel you can disobey it and still carry on with life. Do that. Are you an extremely strong muslim or do you "mildly" follow the beliefs?
Reply 4
Even if it doesn't feel right?

Well, sure. Are you thinking about how your parents will feel about it? At the end of the day, you should do what makes you happy and you can't hold in these feelings forever.

Well, I listen to music knowing its forbidden but cmon its part of life, Its natural to like music. So get up and put your hand on your waist and other hand in the air and scream WHIPPIN YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
I've been in your position. Honestly, just chill and let life take over, things work out eventually. Probably sounds like bad advice but it's really not. I used to have sexual feelings for a girl who I was with for 2 years, now I'm completely over her and have strong feelings for men only. This might happen to you, it might not. Pray if you're serious about your religion if you're not then do whatever you need.
Reply 7
Original post by Nawf01
obviously this is against Islam, but if you have this feeling you can't stop it can you? if you want to stay loyal to your religion, if that is more important than your sexual desires then stick to it. If you feel you can disobey it and still carry on with life. Do that. Are you an extremely strong muslim or do you "mildly" follow the beliefs?

I'm not religious but I do try and please God.. I pray when I can, fast etc. But far from religious.. The feelings won't go away, I don't know if I can ignore them but everytime I try and find an excuse, it just doesn't work
Pray Istikhara is All I can say for guidance

If you feel you are into girls, go for it.

If your religion is stopping you doing things you want, maybe you shouldn't be a part of it.

Don't let your religion hold you back.
Asking this question on tsr will only give answers suited to your whims. But following desires doesn't always produce the best result. From a muslim to Muslim, give it your all to stay on deen. Some people have it harder than others with their desires, but the greater the struggle the greater the reward. One Quran ayat that always gives me a little extra motivation:
O you who have believed, persevere and endure and remain stationed and fear Allah that you may be successful.
(3:200)

This worlds just a test. you can do it!
Reply 11
sounds like a storyline on corrie right now.
Reply 12
Original post by JustforAma
Why is an omnipotent and omniscient entity testing fallible and (relatively speaking) worthless humans?
I've been in your position. Honestly, just chill and let life take over, things work out eventually. Probably sounds like bad advice but it's really not. I used to have sexual feelings for a girl who I was with for 2 years, now I'm completely over her and have strong feelings for men only. This might happen to you, it might not. Pray if you're serious about your religion if you're not then do whatever you need.

Can you private message me please? could speak to someone who can relate x
it's very simple really

you just need to answer the following question for yourself

is paradise worth it?

if u think it's not, carrying on following your desires but don't be surprised where u end up

if u think it is, continue the struggle and continue getting the rewards

remember, Hell is surrounded by desires and paradise is surrounded by struggles
Can you private message me please? could speak to someone who can relate x

Idk who you are tho lol (you're anon rn)

Idm leaking my details: Applepiex3
Feel free to pm
Original post by JustforAma
Asking this question on tsr will only give answers suited to your whims. But following desires doesn't always produce the best result. From a muslim to Muslim, give it your all to stay on deen. Some people have it harder than others with their desires, but the greater the struggle the greater the reward. One Quran ayat that always gives me a little extra motivation:
O you who have believed, persevere and endure and remain stationed and fear Allah that you may be successful.
(3:200)

Thank you. I appreciate it I'm trying my hardest but sometimes I really struggle :frown:
it's very simple really

you just need to answer the following question for yourself

is paradise worth it?

if u think it's not, carrying on following your desires but don't be surprised where u end up

if u think it is, continue the struggle and continue getting the rewards

remember, Hell is surrounded by desires and paradise is surrounded by struggles

when you put it like that obvs I want to work for paradise.. guess I just need these reminders
Repressing your sexuality really sucks, so unless you believe you will be put at risk it is better and healthier to let yourself live honestly.
Original post by crimniam
Repressing your sexuality really sucks, so unless you believe you will be put at risk it is better and healthier to let yourself live honestly.

thats the thing.. it'll put me at risk.. But I also can't repress my feelings can I?

Quick Reply