The Student Room Group

My ex requested me on Instagram

Last week, I was minding my own business and then all of a sudden my ex requested to follow me on Instagram. I honestly thought it was pretty random, because we hadn't really spoken since the break up, which was roughly 3-4 months ago from now. I accepted, because I wanted to be friendly, and then requested to follow him back (we both have private accounts). But then he randomly unfollowed me and blocked me. I thought that it was pretty rude, honestly. I mean, it didn't make me feel too nice. I felt like a bit of a doormat, because now he has probably gotten to see all of my photos, etc.

Why would he do something like this? It's just so random and a bit rude! BTW, this guy is 14, turning 15 next month.
Reply 1
I hope you're also 14/15 otherwise this will turn into something else, very quickly, indeed.

He seemingly just wanted to check up on you, then when he had enough, blocked you out of his life again.
Reply 2
Uh oh, just seen you put you were 16 on another thread.
Reply 3
Original post by utr
Uh oh, just seen you put you were 16 on another thread.

Is this really bad? An age gap of a year and a half?
Reply 4
Original post by utr
I hope you're also 14/15 otherwise this will turn into something else, very quickly, indeed.

He seemingly just wanted to check up on you, then when he had enough, blocked you out of his life again.

What do you mean by "something else"?
Well you are seeing his true colors as a human being. You did the right thing by accepting his follow request because you are obviously a nice person. One would hope after a break up ex's can be civil and that is what you were hoping for. Since he proved to be a jerk (I'm guess you already knew that) and looked at your pictures then blocked you then I hope you had some great pics on your Instagram that showed him how you're having a marvelous life w/out him in it!!
Now you know he permanently out of your life because you don't want people like that in it!
Reply 6
Original post by Hopefully1
Well you are seeing his true colors as a human being. You did the right thing by accepting his follow request because you are obviously a nice person. One would hope after a break up ex's can be civil and that is what you were hoping for. Since he proved to be a jerk (I'm guess you already knew that) and looked at your pictures then blocked you then I hope you had some great pics on your Instagram that showed him how you're having a marvelous life w/out him in it!!
Now you know he permanently out of your life because you don't want people like that in it!

Haha, thanks! Well, I recently had a photoshoot on a windy day and uploaded some pretty nice photos of me which got some pretty nice compliments from my friends, so he might've looked through those!

Yeah, he really doesn't seem like a very nice person... he's been spreading rumors about me, etc.
Reply 7
Original post by utr
I presume you are either a troll or outrageously naive as that would be called paedophilia, regardless of what the age gap is.

I'm sorry, but excuse me?

Please do not refer to me as a paedophile. I really don't appreciate it. Not only is it extremely rude, disrespectful and incredibly offensive, but also not at all true. If you think that an age gap of a year and a half is paedophilia, then you're the only naïve person here, not me.
Reply 8
Original post by Wary_Mouse
I'm sorry, but excuse me?

Please do not refer to me as a paedophile. I really don't appreciate it. Not only is it extremely rude, disrespectful and incredibly offensive, but also not at all true. If you think that an age gap of a year and a half is paedophilia, then you're the only naïve person here, not me.

Whilst you may think its rude and such, it is also factual.
Reply 9
Original post by utr
Whilst you may think its rude and such, it is also factual.

Now you're just being plain annoying!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedophilia

"criteria for pedophilia extend the cut-off point for prepubescence to age 13.[1] A person who is diagnosed with pedophilia must be at least 16 years old, and at least five years older than the prepubescent child, for the attraction to be diagnosed as pedophilia.[1][2]"

- Wikipedia
Well either ignore or tell him how you feel
Don’t lead them on by saying yeah I don’t mind talking if that’s all there is or will be to it
Not fair.
Reply 11
Now you're just being plain annoying!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedophilia

"criteria for pedophilia extend the cut-off point for prepubescence to age 13.[1] A person who is diagnosed with pedophilia must be at least 16 years old, and at least five years older than the prepubescent child, for the attraction to be diagnosed as pedophilia.[1][2]"

- Wikipedia

"The age of consent to any form of sexual activity is 16 for both men and women. The age of consent is the same regardless of the gender or sexual orientation of a person and whether the sexual activity is between people of the same or different gender.
It is an offence for anyone to have any sexual activity with a person under the age of 16. However, Home Office guidance [1] is clear that there is no intention to prosecute teenagers under the age of 16 where both mutually agree and where they are of a similar age."

- fpa (sexual health charity)
Reply 12
Original post by utr
"The age of consent to any form of sexual activity is 16 for both men and women. The age of consent is the same regardless of the gender or sexual orientation of a person and whether the sexual activity is between people of the same or different gender.
It is an offence for anyone to have any sexual activity with a person under the age of 16. However, Home Office guidance [1] is clear that there is no intention to prosecute teenagers under the age of 16 where both mutually agree and where they are of a similar age."

- fpa (sexual health charity)

Please, child. That doesn't prove your point, just as nothing else will. Come back to this thread when you are willing to contribute positively to the actual discussion topic. Thank you. :smile:
Reply 13
Please, child. That doesn't prove your point, just as nothing else will. Come back to this thread when you are willing to contribute positively to the actual discussion topic. Thank you. :smile:

I think I shall, wouldn't want you hitting on me considering I'm a 'child'. Ciao
accept = 1 more follow = 1 more step to insta fame

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending